Post-Game Talk: WCQF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs. (P1) Anaheim Ducks - Series Talk (Preds win 4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
You are an enormous loser if you wear a jersey of a team that isn't even playing in the game. Just throwing that out there.

I think it's alright if it's of a player that used to play for at least one of the teams. Like maybe the guy was wearing a Legwand or Tootoo jersey or something?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I think it's alright if it's of a player that used to play for at least one of the teams. Like maybe the guy was wearing a Legwand or Tootoo jersey or something?

Yeah but don't show up wearing a Kronwall jersey to a Preds/Ducks playoff game. If I was at a Ducks/Red Wings playoff game I would just wear a nice shirt.

cajunpredfan

Dec 31, 2013
TN
You are an enormous loser if you wear a jersey of a team that isn't even playing in the game. Just throwing that out there.

I am a partial season ticket holder since 2003. I am also a season ticket holder for UAH hockey. I wear my UAH hockey jersey to most games. Most people do not realize that we have quality division 1 college hockey pretty close. They almost lost the program a few years back, just like the Preds. I get stopped just about every Preds game that I have the jersey on with questions or comments. Last night I ran into a UAH player at the game.

Last edited:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
People do it all the time for various reasons. Some people want to wear something hockey related and that is nearly all they have. Others own multiple jerseys and want to show them off.

sure, vintage sweaters make sense; collectibles (like an ASG, college, etc) too. but the current generic sweater of some team not playing - poor form; highest form of loser-dom, though, is sweater of a div rival, or former div rival such as deadthings or blowjax.

none of that excuses the acting like in imbecile and cussing the guy out, but then again, we had our own mini-Philly moment there in the 2nd tossing those towels, so apparently emotions were running high all night for much of the fanbase......

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

I don't care what anyone chooses to wear to a game, as long as I can't see your underwear or your entire breast.

Got better things to do than labeling clothes...... lol

labeling people losers because of what jersey they wear....... that's a loser

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh just think it's bad form to bring another teams jersey in that isn't involved in the game. The exception to that would be CHL, AHL, and College jerseys, or an old vintage Whalers/Nordiques jersey.

Frankly you deserve the looks you get if you come busting up in a Dallas/Minnesota/BlackHawks jersey in the middle of a series between us and other random team that your jersey doesn't belong too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Revelation: All the sports radio stations in town have been talking Preds and giving us love when we deserve it during this series. We will win tomorrow, but with Thursday being NFL draft day they (of course) will have to talk about something else all day long instead of celebrating our historic win. It all makes sense!!!

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The talking heads are going all in with the Ducks. Even the people who don't know our players names during the game six video highlights. They're doubling down on the Ducks also.

It would be so sweet if we won tomorrow.

I didn't even know the NFL draft was on Thursday until last night before the Preds game. Just came up in conversation while having some pregame beers. Thanks Titans.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I didn't even know the NFL draft was on Thursday until last night before the Preds game. Just came up in conversation while having some pregame beers. Thanks Titans.
Well, to be fair I'm a big NFL fan and my favorite team picks at #3 so honestly I'm pumped for it. Been waiting for tomorrow since December. Didn't mean it as a rip on the NFL, just meant it would be poetic irony to pull off this huge win on the eve of the night so many more people locally care about, therefore depriving us of media attention.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Friday and Sunday again. So no weekend games in Nashville for the first 2 rounds even if they win tomorrow. Nice.

Yeah, that absolutely stinks. This year the teams with home ice have definitely gotten the vast majority of the weekend dates.

If we advance, the Ducks and Sharks will have had 6 weekend dates out of 8 games, while we had 0 out of 6 dates.

Makes it so tough on us out of towners....

Oh well, I hope I will have to make some sacrifices next week- cause that means we won game 7!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
You have not clearly tuned into the ESPNFL family of networks it's all they have talked about this week. And NBA blowouts/playoffs.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I like that the Ducks keep trying to convince themselves and everyone else that we are feeling as much pressure as them. One we weren't even predicted to make it this far. Two, we haven't choked game 7's away like it is our mantra. Three, our coach doesn't lose his job if he loses this series.

Maybe the players aren't feeling the pressure, but I can tell you that guy behind the bench is going to have a long night and a long day.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You have not clearly tuned into the ESPNFL family of networks it's all they have talked about this week. And NBA blowouts/playoffs.

ESPN has zero quality programming. I have no interest in that network and can't remember the last time I had it on.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
People do it all the time for various reasons. Some people want to wear something hockey related and that is nearly all they have. Others own multiple jerseys and want to show them off.

And people like me who only do it because, annoyingly, we are bound by law to be clothed in public.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Neal was just on nbcsn for an interview. It was lifeless. Why are hockey interviews so terrible?

Because words are twisted into whatever narrative the interviewer or subsequent reader/watcher wants to make it into and it's better to stay safe with tried and true canned responses.

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
tumblr_lmvz2sToIT1qcog44o1_400.gif

CoreyPerryTears.gif

4th.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hey guys, great series. i must say, i like the preds style and game. (except ribeiro) you guys have the ducks number in the playoffs

preds were the better team in the series hands down and showed that the past two games. and of course, my ducks pulled off their yearly 3-2 series choke but i knew all along it was the preds series to lose IF rinne was on his game, which he was. that guy is unbeatable when he's on.

good luck the rest of the way, and please beat the sharks.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I'd like to think that if I showed up wearing a Sens Fisher jersey and was cheering for the Preds, I'd be warmly accepted, or at the very least curiously tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00