Post-Game Talk: WCQF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs. (P1) Anaheim Ducks - Series Talk (Preds win 4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
cut.jpg

Preds_Ducks_Playoff_logos_1.jpg

Fisher_punches_toothout_GG.gif

Game 1 - Friday, April 15 9:30 pm Honda Center FS-TN; NBCSN

Game 2 - Sunday, April 17 9:30 pm Honda Center FS-TN; NBCSN

Game 3 - Tuesday, April 19 8:30 pm Bridgestone Arena FS-TN; USA

Game 4 - Thursday, April 21 7:00 pm Bridgestone Arena FS-TN; CNBC

Game 5* - Saturday, April 23 TBD Honda Center FS-TN

Game 6* - Monday, April 25 TBD Bridgestone Arena FS-TN

Game 7* - Wednesday, April 27 TBD Honda Center FS-TN

Perry_rinne_josi_gameend.jpg

Season Series:

Nashville regular season record versus Anaheim: 2-1-0

Scoring Leaders:

Nashville: Goals: Shea Weber (2)

Assists: Mike Ribeiro (3)

Anaheim: Goals: Rickard Rakell (2)

Assists: Rickard Rakell, Sami Vatanen (2)

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Admittedly I'm a little nervous about facing the Ducks because we were beating them early on when they were garbage, but I still like it over the Kings. I hope we can get off to good starts, come out firing and capitalize on Gibson's lack of playoff experience.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I posted this is the main forum series thread and will reiterate here:

Not a comprehensive nerd-analysis, but found the CF and SV% interesting. I think it will be a good one.

Sportsnet said:
ADVANCED STATS:
Anaheim: 5on5CF% – 52.5; 5on5Sv% – .922; 5on5Sh% – 6.6; PDO = 98.8
Nashville: 5on5CF% – 52.5; 5on5Sv% – .922; 5on5Sh% – 7.26; PDO = 99.5

From: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stanley-cup-playoff-preview-ducks-vs-predators/

Very even 5 on 5 teams in short. We cannot take stupid penalties or we will lose handily; ANA special teams are #1 / #1.

Go Perds! NSH in 7 ftw.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I posted this is the main forum series thread and will reiterate here:

Not a comprehensive nerd-analysis, but found the CF and SV% interesting. I think it will be a good one.

From: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/stanley-cup-playoff-preview-ducks-vs-predators/

Very even 5 on 5 teams in short. We cannot take stupid penalties or we will lose handily; ANA special teams are #1 / #1.

Go Perds! NSH in 7 ftw.

Good stuff there. And yet the majority of the hockey world seems to be looking at this series as an easy Ducks win.

I will say this- I am a little surprised at how little respect we seem to be getting. So many people think we are the same offensively challenged team that completely relies on defense to win. I know I am biased but we are a lot better team than many are giving us credit for (including many of our own fans).

I am beginning to think it may help us that we are flying so far under the radar.......

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Get ready for some major embellishment penalties Neal. Peel is coming.

[fieldset=Playoff Officials]
Referees:

Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Eric Furlatt, Jean Hebert, Dave Jackson, Marc Joannette, Steve Kozari, Frederick L’Ecuyer, Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Brad Meier, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Chris Rooney, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland, Ian Walsh, and Brad Watson.
Standby referees are Trevor Hanson and Graham Skilliter.

Linesmen:

Derek Amell, Steve Barton, David Brisebois, Scott Cherrey, Michel Cormier, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Ryan Galloway, Shane Heyer, Brad Kovachik, Matt MacPherson, Steve Miller, Brian Murphy, Jonny Murray, Derek Nansen, Tim Nowak, Brian Pancich, Pierre Racicot, Jay Sharrers, and Mark Shewchyk.
Standby linesmen for the first round are Trent Knorr and Kiel Murchison.
[/fieldset]

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Get ready for some major embellishment penalties Neal. Peel is coming.

[fieldset=Playoff Officials]
Referees:

Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Eric Furlatt, Jean Hebert, Dave Jackson, Marc Joannette, Steve Kozari, Frederick L’Ecuyer, Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Brad Meier, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Chris Rooney, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland, Ian Walsh, and Brad Watson.
Standby referees are Trevor Hanson and Graham Skilliter.

Linesmen:

Derek Amell, Steve Barton, David Brisebois, Scott Cherrey, Michel Cormier, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Ryan Galloway, Shane Heyer, Brad Kovachik, Matt MacPherson, Steve Miller, Brian Murphy, Jonny Murray, Derek Nansen, Tim Nowak, Brian Pancich, Pierre Racicot, Jay Sharrers, and Mark Shewchyk.
Standby linesmen for the first round are Trent Knorr and Kiel Murchison.
[/fieldset]

Great! I LOVE Tim Peel. Said no one ever. Not even his mother. :rant:

For a team that 'no one wants to play against, not a single expert is picking us.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Despite the t.v. listings here, aren't the 1st round games here being shown on FSTN ? Which means, there's only 7 more possibilities of the term Grade A Opportunities being heard until October.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Howdy, chaps. Oiler fan here. I'll be cheering you guys on in the West, and I hope you guys take it all the way to the finals. I'm rooting for the Caps to win it all, but I appreciate how well you guys support your team, and always fill up your building. It's really nice to see a "non-traditional market" support their team, and Nashville is passionate about hockey, so ****in' eh man, I hope you guys do a lot of damage this year.

I hate the freakin' Ducks too, so please stomp their ***** hard!

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Despite the t.v. listings here, aren't the 1st round games here being shown on FSTN ? Which means, there's only 7 more possibilities of the term Grade A Opportunities being heard until October.

Yes, the TV listings in the first post show FS-TN for all 7 games. We will not get national broadcasts in Nashville until the 2nd round.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
For a team that 'no one wants to play against, not a single expert is picking us.

If you had a reputation to care for and no dog in this fight, would you pick the perennial 1st-or-2nd-round-exit Preds over the team with the lowest GA in the league, the #1 powerplay and the #1 penalty kill and which made it to the WCF last year and took the eventual champs to 7 games? Don't read too much into it or take it personally.

The Ducks' play-by-play guy, Brian Hayward, loves that term, himself, and is occasionally employed by NBC in Round 2 for Western matchups, so don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Unless one of them ends up on the NBC big channel, then they will all be on FSTN. This happened with one of our games vs Chicago last year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If you had a reputation to care for and no dog in this fight, would you pick the perennial 1st-or-2nd-round-exit Preds over the team with the lowest GA in the league, the #1 powerplay and the #1 penalty kill and which made it to the WCF last year and took the eventual champs to 7 games? Don't read too much into it or take it personally..

Nope, but I absolutely would look at this a very close series, and I would look at the Predators as a serious dark horse.

Again, take a look at the rosters and compare the stats, especially some of the advanced stats- you cannot convince me that the Ducks are a far superior team than the Preds. The main thing they have that we do not is playoff experience (although some of that is bad experience). But playoff experience does not guarantee you anything....

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Nope, but I absolutely would look at this a very close series, and I would look at the Predators as a serious dark horse.

Again, take a look at the rosters and compare the stats, especially some of the advanced stats- you cannot convince me that the Ducks are a far superior team than the Preds. The main thing they have that we do not is playoff experience (although some of that is bad experience). But playoff experience does not guarantee you anything....

I agree. It's just that, every year, fans get upset at the predictions going against their team and interpret them as "no one is giving our team any chance" when it usually doesn't mean that at all. If the experts are simply picking the winner, then it doesn't matter if every single one of them thinks that the underdog has a 45% chance (a very good chance) of winning. They're going to put down as their prediction the team that they give a 55% chance, naturally. There's no reason why a collective feeling of such odds should result in the predictions being split nearly down the middle. That's not how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad