WCQF/PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | COL Leads 3-1 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Man Mackinnon is so scary u guys are lucky to have the 2nd best player in the league.

As for @OVO16 since i cant reply to you in the other thread ill say it here. Did u even watch the game or just score watch? The last thing the Flames were yesterday was soft they were hitting alot and finishing checks (the only good thing they did yesterday). Nice to see your such a big fan that u were tagging me all game lol. Leafs fan getting happier than avs fans were :laugh::laugh:. Plenty of series left still.

Reactions: MacBradley

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
I didn't see much of game two and only scoreboard watched that one.
For what it's worth, 5 on 5 stats for game 2:
unknown.png

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I definitely don’t think this series is over by any stretch, I fully expect the Flames to come out flying. I do think though that the best thing they can do to help themselves in game 4 is to concentrate on playing hockey rather than trying to get into the Avs heads with extra curriculars between whistles. I know in the playoffs you’re supposed to try to get in the other teams head but it’s not working really. The Avs are just blowing it off and continuing to play. If they spend that energy elsewhere they have a good chance of taking the game tomorrow as Grubauer has been really good but not as good as Smith has been.

Reactions: MacBradley

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
It was a one handed stick play that never made contact with Mackinnon's gloves/hands. There was a different view last night that showed as much. It was a weak call but the game certainly did not rest on that play. Far from it. Calgary never had a chance yesterday.

He clearly makes contact. First slashes down to the skates, then back up into the hands when that misses. Not sure what you are watching.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Gaudreau got manhandled by a guy twice his size. Worst call I've ever seen. And, again, good on MacKinnon for drawing that call, but the Avs have had their sticks in Gaudreau's hands all series with no calls. It was soft. The too many men was a no brainer.
As is everyone in the league... End of the day Gaudreau is who he is. A lil winger, who’s got elite ability, who got a short end of the genetic stick. He’s not the best player on a cup team. He’s a complimentary piece.

That’s how professional sports work. Size may not be everything, but it’s definitely something. Especially when you’re way outside the normalcy of a sport. At least if he was on his Marty St. Louis stuff in the gym he could handle himself out there.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Flames are looking worse as the series goes on, while the Avs are looking better. The Flames simply didn't have an answer for MacKinnon, and quite frankly, couldn't match the compete level of the Avs. On paper, this should have been an easier series for Calgary, but that is why you play the games. I know that in past hockey pools, I often pick players from teams who are on huge rolls to get into the playoffs, but it also wasn't like the Flames were bad coming in. Bednar seems to have made the required changes, the entire team from top to bottom is playing extremely well with a very high level of compete, and MacKinnon has decided to become a monster. Will be interesting to see what the Flames come up with on Wednesday. If they don't have an answer tomorrow, I would say the series is over. Peters has been an excellent coach, so I am curious to see what adjustments he makes.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
The Colorado/Calgary series is averaging 10.6 penalties per game, which is over double the Leafs/Bruins, and Blue Jackets/Lightning series. Considering the majority of these calls are stick infractions/holds I would say the referee's need to relax and let these teams play at even strength.

Regardless of that - last night was by far Calgary's worst performance of the entire year (yes, even worse than the Pittsburgh game). Absolutely unacceptable efforts from every single person on the roster outside of Mike Smith. I have truly never been so embarrassed or ashamed of this team. If they don't respond in a serious way tomorrow night this series will be over in 5 games.

The respect they are giving to Mackinnon is a joke. Yes, He is an elite talent...but the amount of space they are giving him in the neutral zone which continuously allows him to push the defense back is astonishing.

This is not the #1 seed that we saw for the vast majority of the season. Colorado gave this team and this fanbase a severe reality check last night.

I 100% agree about the officiating.

It almost seems backwards from what you would expect in the playoffs. The stuff they usually let go, they seem to be calling randomly. And more blatant penalties you would expect to be called go uncalled.

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I guess I would say he doesn't dive. He definitely lets the refs be aware I guess but I don't think he gets calls he doesn't deserve.

He is very "flamboyant" in shrugging off a stick in his hands. It's honestly pretty smart, it's not diving, just letting the refs know that if they are on the edge about calling something then maybe they should if they see him do that

Reactions: avsfan09

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He is very "flamboyant" in shrugging off a stick in his hands. It's honestly pretty smart, it's not diving, just letting the refs know that if they are on the edge about calling something then maybe they should if they see him do that
Rantanen I would say dives. Mackinnon maybe exaggerates things that should be called. Guy deals with so much because they can't call everything on him due to the amount he receives.

Reactions: Colorado Mackinnons

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Avs have been the better team so far in this series but I'm not about to write the Flames off. They are way too good of a team. They win the next one and they are right back in it with the series tied at 2. Tomorrow's game is huge for both teams.

Reactions: Avs and cgf

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Rantanen I would say dives. Mackinnon maybe exaggerates things that should be called. Guy deals with so much because they can't call everything on him due to the amount he receives.
Rantanen falls about 5 times per shift, so it's likely he eventually draws a call. It's simple probability lol

Reactions: avsfan09

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
The Avs have been the better team so far in this series but I'm not about to write the Flames off. They are way too good of a team. They win the next one and they are right back in it with the series tied at 2. Tomorrow's game is huge for both teams.

Agreed. Flames are the better team, but they haven't played like it. This series could easily go to 7

Reactions: Avs

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Calgary has to get their act together. At some point, one of the top West teams HAS to play like what they are capable of.

Sharks are in a lot of trouble, WPG and NSH are in dogfights..... are any of the favorites in the West gonna assert themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad