WCQF: (P3) Los Angeles Kings @ (P2) Edmonton Oilers | Series tied 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Kings will take game 7 and put the oilers on the golfing greens. For such a high powered team, they really shouldn’t be just scraping by this kings team lmao. LA will finish them off in 7
didn't your Canucks barely squeak by the 8th place Hawks in Game 7 after blowing a 3-0 series lead in 2011?
tough to win in the playoffs

Reactions: iCanada

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
didn't your Canucks barely squeak by the 8th place Hawks in Game 7 after blowing a 3-0 series lead in 2011?
tough to win in the playoffs
Really?

Really.

The LA Kings are a rebuilding team. Some may say they have no business being in the playoffs. That’s neither here nor there. The Blackhawks back in 2011 were coming off of back to back cup wins and were still regarded as a good team. These teams and situations are nowhere near comparable.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Really?

Really.

The LA Kings are a rebuilding team. Some may say they have no business being in the playoffs. That’s neither here nor there. The Blackhawks back in 2011 were coming off of back to back cup wins and were still regarded as a good team. These teams and situations are nowhere near comparable.
a "rebuilding team" that finished 3rd in the division....ahead of pre-season favorites Vegas and pre-season "playoff lock" Vancouver

this isn't some team that barely made it in like Nashville or Dallas

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I am really worried about edmonton's chances this year even if they win game 7, this LA team has been missing key pieces and has barely made the playoffs, this series shouldn't be taking more than 4-5 games for the Oilers.
Barely made playoffs lol, we're they not one of the hottest teams heading into the playoffs?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Nuge channeling his inner-Pronger physics.

Hockey gods appropriately punished the Kings for that gross dive the same way they took care of the Oilers for Draisaitl earlier in the series.

Hoping everyone can remember how to stay strong on their skates for Game 7.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Andreas Athanasiou really Toby Reider'ed the Kings last night, we'll see if it's the same result.

For context. the 2018 Kings-VGK series had like next to no offense, but Doughty and Kopitar also hadn't been on the ice for a single ES goal against until late in Game 4...Reider, off the faceoff, took off and covered NO ONE, and his man scored. He was never seen again.

In similar fashion, I'm not sure I've seen a player in a playoff game just...not play...during play the way AA did last night. The way he tried to attack 1v5 with soft turnovers constantly was playing with fire anyway until he just straight looked Connor dead in the eyes and gave him the puck for the game winning goal before running down the hall and ripping off his kings jersey revealing an oilers t shirt signed by mcdavid

Sure glad we're playing this 27 year old UFA merc to submarine us instead of getting of the valuable kids playing time.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Andreas Athanasiou really Toby Reider'ed the Kings last night, we'll see if it's the same result.

For context. the 2018 Kings-VGK series had like next to no offense, but Doughty and Kopitar also hadn't been on the ice for a single ES goal against until late in Game 4...Reider, off the faceoff, took off and covered NO ONE, and his man scored. He was never seen again.

In similar fashion, I'm not sure I've seen a player in a playoff game just...not play...during play the way AA did last night. The way he tried to attack 1v5 with soft turnovers constantly was playing with fire anyway until he just straight looked Connor dead in the eyes and gave him the puck for the game winning goal before running down the hall and ripping off his kings jersey revealing an oilers t shirt signed by mcdavid

Sure glad we're playing this 27 year old UFA merc to submarine us instead of getting of the valuable kids playing time.
lol I was excited for his speed when we got him for those few games.
But that is literally all he has.. Zero f***ing hands lol

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Lot of truth to this and while it is an excuse, I'll say it anyway. LA is missing their #1 defenseman and their 4th leading scorer. At one point in the series they had 2 rookie defensemen lead the team in ice time. In that same vein, their top 4 had a combined NHL games played of about 400 total.

I honestly don't care what happens in game 7. After they won 2 cups, life was complete.
While I do find the diving a little much, the kings are playing with heart. Young teams can definitely play above their level and its quite common in other team sports such as soccer for "lesser" team on paper to put up a fight and even win with strong system play. The Kings definitely don't look out of place despite injuries. Full marks for where they are.

oh god i hope this is precautionary or else oilers win 37-0

actually the Oilers have a really bad record against unknown goalies going back decades.

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
This was an entertaining game 6, wow! Respect to McDavid, he is carrying his team. Drai looks like he shouldn't be out there tbh, can't even skate to normal standards. Props to him fighting through it.
And props to the Kings to push this hard! This team has some fighting spirit.

Game 7 is widely open, especially with Drai not able to perform. I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually out at some point, like late in the first period.

Regarding Drai that’s what happens when two guys decide to target an injury. First Anderson slew foots him and the with 15 seconds left a King runs him leg first into the boards form behind. Of course there won’t be any disciplinary action on either play because the Kings are good for TV ratings in the US.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Game 7 LFG :hit:

Honestly grats to the Kings. First Oilers home game 7 since April 16, 1990 (Jets division semis, Oilers win).
I only hope for good officiating, no BS calls or missed calls or some dumb goal on either side.

Evander-Kane-1.jpg

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

In similar fashion, I'm not sure I've seen a player in a playoff game just...not play...during play the way AA did last night. The way he tried to attack 1v5 with soft turnovers constantly was playing with fire anyway until he just straight looked Connor dead in the eyes and gave him the puck for the game winning goal before running down the hall and ripping off his kings jersey revealing an oilers t eshirt signed by mcdavid

If it makes you feel any better, we paid two 2nd rounders to have the pleasure of witnessing the same thing for about 3 months.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Really?

Really.

People who say the Kings have no business being in the playoffs are dumb. They were a top 10 team (P% wise) from Nov 1- Mar 1, had a tough March, and then picked up where they left off in April.

The original point was also pointless even if the Canucks comparison wasn't a good one. In 2006, the Oilers (95 points/256 GF/+5) beat the Redwings (124 points/305 GF/+96). A trapping underdog can surprise. This is hardly new.

Reactions: SourOil

sbhnur

Dec 26, 2020
Regarding Drai that’s what happens when two guys decide to target an injury. First Anderson slew foots him and the with 15 seconds left a King runs him leg first into the boards form behind. Of course there won’t be any disciplinary action on either play because the Kings are good for TV ratings in the US.
Seems like the original injury happened at the end of the regular season. He wasn't the same player since then. It actually gets worse every day it seems...

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad