WCQF Gm5: Oilers vs Kings | May 10 2022, 8PM MT/7PT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You think apparently talent-less skill-less teams playing straight out of the dead puck era are built for the playoffs

If that's the case, then COL has no chance to get out of the West
Don’t underestimate the value of having Quick and Kopitar (both have 2 cups) and Danault (who was just at the cup finals a year ago) on your team means in the playoffs. Plus Doughty in the locker room during intermissions even though he’s not playing.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I just don't get it....next to the Avs Preds series, I thought this series was a fait accompli for the Oilers...had them in 5 and doing it rather easy.....and consider the injuries that the Kings have.....this series should have been a no brainer for the Oilers who had a great season.....well....it isn't over yet.......that is all I can say.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Smith has pretty decisively outplayed Quick honestly. The Kings aren't winning because of Quick, they're winning because they're controlling the games more.

Of all the things I expected coming into this series, Edmonton having significantly better goaltending wasn't one of them lol.
Except that Smith has allowed some softer goals and is more wild in my opinion. Quick is the more reliable goalie. Probably two thirds of all LA shots on goal are perimeter shots. They shoot from everywhere so that will boost a goalies save percentage. I think Quick has been better. He has made the bigger saves at key times in games. Smith has been really good also and he has made big saves, but I don't think he has been better.

Reactions: Nasti and hirawl

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
This would be a collasal upset .Oilers have some tough signings ahead of them to.Losing in 1st rd people are losing jobs.

oilers need to package Kassian with anything to get out of him. Let everyone walk and bring in fresh blood. Gona take them a year anyways.

Next offseason they will be free of
3.9 mill in dead cap (Neal,Lucic,Sekera)
5.5 mill for Keith
2.2 for Smith
If you can get rid of Kassian at 3.2

They will have like 15mill in capspace

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Don’t underestimate the value of having Quick and Kopitar (both have 2 cups) and Danault (who was just at the cup finals a year ago) on your team means in the playoffs. Plus Doughty in the locker room during intermissions even though he’s not playing.

Because that's why the Pens and Caps won't blow up their aging cores- playoff hockey is why teams still believe in old guys past their prime because veteranosity.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
oilers need to package Kassian with anything to get out of him. Let everyone walk and bring in fresh blood. Gona take them a year anyways.

5.5 mill for Keith
2.2 for Smith

“Just need to waste one more year of McDavid and Draisaitl’s prime and then we can try something else that may or may not work.”

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Smith has pretty decisively outplayed Quick honestly. The Kings aren't winning because of Quick, they're winning because they're controlling the games more.

Of all the things I expected coming into this series, Edmonton having significantly better goaltending wasn't one of them lol.
The Kings are winning because of the soft goals Smith keeps giving up. He’s been outstanding so far but he’s let in some pretty questionable shots

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood

5.5 mill for Keith
2.2 for Smith

just in time to give Koskinen a 10 mil deal.

Reactions: Darren McCord

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

5.5 mill for Keith
2.2 for Smith

Yea good stuff.They will need to pay Puljuarvi but his price should be fair after quiet finish to season and avg playoff.Kane though is going to want to get paid .

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Colorado is also way too reliant on 2 guys- MacKinnon and Makar- and EVERYONE loves them and thinks they're built to win a Cup

I guess apparently boring makes you a better team. So I guess we should pencil in Dallas/LA for the 3rd round?

So basically sacrifing all offense is the way to go? Then let's go back to the dead puck era when literally EVERYBODY sacrificed offense and the entire league was defensively responsible and the product was garbage

Smith is hardly that much older than old man Quick

Is there a way to win without sacrificing offense? Otherwise, Kings/Stars- not Colorado- should be the real Cup favorites

People won't like it but this is what peak HFBoards posting looks like.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

5.5 mill for Keith
2.2 for Smith

Re-sign Yamamoto, Puljujarvi and Kane
Get a #1 goalie, get another top 6 forward, try and find a true #1 defenceman and some more depth forwards

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
“Just need to waste one more year of McDavid and Draisaitl’s prime and then we can try something else that may or may not work.”

I mean what else do they do. They keep messing up deals left and right. They need to get rid of Holland 1rst. They need some of there recent high picks to make an impact

Broberg
Holloway

Get rid of the stench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad