WCQF Gm5: Oilers vs Kings | May 10 2022, 8PM MT/7PT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
pekg5iz.png

uVsl3wp.png

TZyQJID.png

8U3ad9k.jpg

TdtgxzR.png

ftJ2ipN.png

OT6Q3e3.png

2e7umfR.png

JJsxJcO.png

*MoreDifferentS GDTs Inc. hopes your fantasy league includes PIMs - this one could get messy*

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Not counting empty-net goals, Edmonton has outscored L.A. 17 to 9. (Not counting empty-net goals and goals that should never have counted -- i.e., L.A.'s third goal in game three -- it's 17 to 8 for Edmonton.)

It's a good series so far; both teams have had great moments. Still, it would probably be 3 to 1 Oilers if not for Smith's gaffe in game one when Edmonton had momentum, but...

All of this is to say that with two of the next three games at home, the Oilers really should win this series. If it takes 7 games, whatever, but they absolutely have to win this series. If Los Angeles loses in six or seven, there's no consequence -- nobody even expected them to make the playoffs this season, so every game is just gravy. But if the Oilers blow this after having a 2-1 lead and with home-ice advantage and with back-to-back dominating wins... it ain't gonna be pretty.

I expect Edmonton will win, but if so I wish they'd finish it in six games so they can get a little rest.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If the Oilers had any stupid notions of LA throwing in the towel after games 2 and 3 and being an easy win, they better have learned their lesson in Game 4. If they want to win this series they will have to outplay and outwork champions like Kopitar and Quick. Nothing but 100% effort and doing what it takes to win is acceptable for the Oilers for the rest of this series if they want to get into round 2.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I expect an Oilers win, but also expect LA to make it competitive. First OT game of the series, maybe? Just glad they made it go six and hope they keep making Edmonton work for it.

I also think we get one last Quick miracle either tonight or Game 6 to make it go 7.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I expect an Oilers win, but also expect LA to make it competitive. First OT game of the series, maybe? Just glad they made it go six and hope they keep making Edmonton work for it.

I also think we get one last Quick miracle either tonight or Game 6 to make it go 7.
My spidey senses have game 6 being the OT game with some drama. Tonight I have 4-2ish with an empty netter energy?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I predict the Oilers win this one 6-2

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Kings Flames second round would be great. I have a feeling Kings win and there are at least 2 Jersey tosses tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad