WCQF GM3 | LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm PT (Series tied 1-1) | TNT, CBC, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Enjoy your unenjoyable life bud!
Un-enjoyable, you mean?

Shit man, I’m throughly thriving on planet Alberta having a thermonuclear meltdown at the prospect of their unstoppable juggernaut being derailed by the lowly kings & their referee buddies.

If this series had gone half as well as hockey Canada & the media had claimed it would, the officials wouldn’t be a factor in the slightest.

Cope. Harder.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Mcdavid put his hand up instantly, contact of the stick with the puck would have made a sound, and that's why mcdavid raised his hand right away. I think that's a good argument. Of no player noticed I think the argument for no contact is better to be made
Ekholm sees the on-ice deflection, watches the puck in front of his eyes, spins to pick up and… gets its trajectory wrong?!?

Seems odd for such a reliable defender.

But whatever… it clearly touched, Oilers should not have let it matter (even though it clearly did, Ekholm goes 360 after the touch and STILL almost gets it.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
You don't have to defend it, they can't take the call back now. The NHL was wrong, nothing new. Result is the same as it should've been though

I'm calling it like I see it. The puck started falling back towards the direction it came from before the stick even line up with the puck at all.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Useless plug

May 23, 2021
Edmonton is the most mentally fragile team in the history of professional sports. Every call is a conspiracy. Hilarious. The Kings aren’t even that good.
Kings winnng the goaltending battle despite being outshot. That is the difference in the series thus far. Oil not doing themselves any favours either. 80% of posts on Oil board are just embarassing.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I don’t agree with the call on the OT winner but that’s not what annoys me.

There’s a lot of fans of opposing teams here that hate the Oilers and their fans. I get that, fine. But there’s no way you all don’t see the reffing discrepancy in this series, there’s no way. The Oilers are being penalized for having too good of a powerplay.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Oilers issue is not the high stick, it's the penalty in the first place. The officiating has Been about as bad as I have ever seen and the Oilers are making it too easy for incompetent officials to call penalties on them. If the Oilers had discipline the series is 3-0 right now. LA has no business having a win in this series but the Oilers have no one to blame but themselves. The Kings are a dirty, diving, agitating tream and the Oilers are falling into their trap. Instead of retaliating against them with slashes and cross checks focus on scoring goals. That's the best revenge. I remember one game I was in front of the net and a d-man cross checked me in the back 5-6 times in a row and I just let him do it until the Ref called a penalty. Right off the face off win I one-timed the puck right into the back of the net. That's how I got my revenge. Oilers need to focus on that instead of this other nonsense.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m glad to hear Draisaitl cost his team a playoff game with his surly arrogant behavior.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
This is the rule:

> Batting the puck above the normal height of the shoulders with a stick is prohibited. When a puck is struck with a high stick and subsequently comes into the possession and control of a player from the offending team (including the player who made contact with the puck), either directly or deflected off any player or official, there shall be a whistle.

If it touched the high stick, the goal should not count, per the rules.
Then the rule is contradictory, at best. Because in the section I quoted it can be interpreted as the puck was batted towards Ekholm and he touched it before the Kings player regained possession. When it hits the ice it's a 50/50 puck.

So in the end... inconclusive.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What I’m getting at is that yes the reffing in this series has been completely f***ed but whining about it after the fact will do nothing. I can still bitch about Kesler holding Talbot’s pad but nothing will change, NHL reffing favours California teams and always has. Also you’re clearly a f***ing dick and I wish the worst for you as well.
edmonton fans choosing between "LA boring trap anti-hockey boring boo" and "league wants california in the final"

lmao

you think the league wants trap hockey in the final over mcdavid dicing up d corps?

Useless plug

May 23, 2021
They couldn't 100% prove that it made contact with his stick. From the views I watched I agree. Zero issues with that penalty too

A few super soft penalties on the Oilers though. Oilers have to be smarter
yup. Don't slash unnecessarily if you know that type of stick work is getting called. They have known that the whistles have not been put away since game 1 and are still shooting themselves in the foot.

Reactions: Macheteops

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
The refs haven’t evened out anything. You guys have a massive advantage in PP minutes including two in overtime. Also we have an Ot game winner called back while yours stood on a similarly sketchy play. Nothing about the refs this series is evened up.

LA have been far more disciplined. the Pp minutes wont be even if one team is dumbshitting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad