WCQF GM3 | LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm PT (Series tied 1-1) | TNT, CBC, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FuNeMdaX0AITYLQ

Los Angeles Kings(46-25-10, 104pts, 3rd in Pacific)@ Edmonton Oilers(50-23-9, 109pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports So Cal/ TNT RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
QX1tbfN.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

PfbUOd4.png

1ZEeKLc.png

5zCpE1v.png

mti46gn.png

Scratched: Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Tobias Bjornfot, Zach MacEwen
Covid: N/A
Injured: Kevin Fiala

:edmonton

xZx9D4C.png

A0wmdDQ.png

Injuries: Ryan Murray, Oscar Klefbom, Mike Smith
Covid: N/A

Game 2 Highlights:

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
i-want-to-play-a-game-play-time.gif

Sooooo, last time didn't go the way we planned, of the 250 people who signed up for Playoff Survivor 1, only 78 made it past game 1. Lets do better for take 2.

Don't forget to sign up for NHL Survivor.

good-luck.gif

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Hoping Mc David has a statement game. Really as long as stuey plays well we’re good. I feel like korpisalo has outplayed him in every game so far but maybe if we keep up the pressure he’ll start to crack.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Should be a good game! Glad we won a game, I always have huge nerves until we win, maybe i just hate the idea of being swept lmao. Have to get to Korpse early, once he gets dialed in it becomes annoyingly difficult to get anything past him.

Expecting a much better 1st from the Kings tonight, they have been AFK for good portions to start each game. If we can match that intensity in front of their crowd I like our chances. Our key to this game will be 3PK or less, maximize the 5on5 time, and getting Broberg 9 minutes of ice time while cutting VD back to 8. 12 is too many minutes for him, he starts to get keyed in on and makes too many errors with the puck. If we can properly shelter him with the 11-7 and use him lots on the PK, I think we will do very well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Interested to see how the ice holds up after the Clippers played last night. Hopefully it's in relatively good shape.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The Oilers have clearly been the better team but the Kings are legit--way better than I gave them credit for. I agree with Ryan Whitney: the winner of this series goes to the SCF.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Interested to see how the ice holds up after the Clippers played last night. Hopefully it's in relatively good shape.

If i were the Kings I'd make the ice poor on purpose hoping bad ice can get McDavid to bobble the puck.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Clippers and lakers play all the time, ice is usually fine unless there's a basketball game the same day as a hockey game.

If i were the Kings I'd make the ice poor on purpose hoping bad ice can get McDavid to bobble the puck.
We're not Vegas.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Clippers and lakers play all the time, ice is usually fine unless there's a basketball game the same day as a hockey game.

We're not Vegas.

Good to hear! I'm always amazed at how quickly the arena staff can turn around and swap configurations.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
The fact that the Oilers won and that Connor hasn't done much of anything yet should worry the Kings. The Oilers are great on the road too. Tonight could be a wild one.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Interesting. Should the Oilers be worried that they got split at home by a Kings team who's best scorer hasn't played a minute of the series?
The Kings have played by commission all season. Realistically, they stand a chance against any team in the league (with or without their best scorer) and they’ve demonstrated that all season.

With that being said, the Oilers have outplayed them in the first two games. If that trend continues, the Oilers should still have the edge. In a sense, our best scorer hasn’t shown up yet either.

Reactions: Macheteops

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Should be a good game! Glad we won a game, I always have huge nerves until we win, maybe i just hate the idea of being swept lmao. Have to get to Korpse early, once he gets dialed in it becomes annoyingly difficult to get anything past him.

Expecting a much better 1st from the Kings tonight, they have been AFK for good portions to start each game. If we can match that intensity in front of their crowd I like our chances. Our key to this game will be 3PK or less, maximize the 5on5 time, and getting Broberg 9 minutes of ice time while cutting VD back to 8. 12 is too many minutes for him, he starts to get keyed in on and makes too many errors with the puck. If we can properly shelter him with the 11-7 and use him lots on the PK, I think we will do very well.

Yeah the first half of each game so far has been player 2 putting down the controller and letting the CPU manage defense while they go and get a beer from the fridge

I expect a much more juiced-up start

yet I wonder if that doesn't play right into the Oilers hands, if i'm Woodcroft I'm actually sitting back and playing boring as f*** to give LA a taste of their own medicine and suck the life out of the crowd and giving McJesus free reign to jump at will

I'll be there so I'll be yelling no matter what, cheers to all and see you later this weekend after I recover :laugh:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I see we have started with the excuses and this time it’s the ice! Kings have been doing this for a decade plus, if the opposing team hasn’t figure out how to deal with it that’s a personal problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad