WCQF GM3 | LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm PT (Series tied 1-1) | TNT, CBC, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
That’s incorrect. Video evidence shows that the puck went from rotating on its horizontal axis to its vertical axis on its way down, while the speed of rotation also changed.

Who cares! Can we talk more about how a scrub like Danault is allowed to 2 hand slash a super star and all 4 guys on the ice pretend they sushi see anything

Reactions: nabob

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Sorry guys but this whole “pfft Ty the league would never do anything like that is over”

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I didnt see LA players doing that, or anything else as blatant.

It wasnt the prettiest game and I can appreciate how frustrating it is to lose a game where you feel like your team dominates, but this ref blaming is getting a bit silly.

All these amateur physicists with the high stick check. It went to the war room and they didnt overturn it, what are you moaning about?

Edmonton play with the razzle dazzle but if they cant keep the discipline in check it is going to cost them.

no call lmao

Here you go. Red Wings fan I dont care who wins I just want a good series.

Reactions: Yablo21

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Which did not happen on this play.
That is your own personal, subjective opinion on the matter - I haven't looked but I'm sure the rulebook doesn't define "batting to an opponent". This means it's a ruling that is wide open to interpretation. And in such situations, the league generally lets the ruling on the ice stand.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
It is garbage for the league that all people are talking about after a great game is whether a high stick potentially hit the puck well before the great play that ended up with the goal.

If you look hard enough you could find a penalty or infraction on every sequence of every game.

All this nitpicking over every little thing is the curse of video review. It should be gone from the game.

For the first while no one even knew what they were reviewing and now everyone is going crazy about puck rotation.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The arrogance coming from oil country is abhorrent.

Acting like it’s completely impossible that the greatest team on planet earth is simply not finishing on a duly earned win from puck drop.
You'd think getting swept by the Avs would've humbled them after they had an easy run to the WCF, but here we are

Reactions: deaderhead28

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
So guys. It’s the playoffs.
I’ve been told many times on HF that the refs put the whistles away. When’s that going to happen?

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
NHL referees aren't working for NASA. If you got to start pulling out a protractor while watching it in super slow motion, it's not conclusive.
It’s not rocket science though. As someone else said, some things can be “conclusive” without being “obvious”, as should have been the case here.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah I thought the Drai call was a bit harsh at the time, but that was about the only one that stood out to me. perhaps the refs were kind of evening up the doughty interference call before he got roughed by nurse
The refs haven’t evened out anything. You guys have a massive advantage in PP minutes including two in overtime. Also we have an Ot game winner called back while yours stood on a similarly sketchy play. Nothing about the refs this series is evened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad