GDT: WCQF GM02 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 23rd | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Great State of Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
well im going tonight so of course this happens

was gonna wear my jersey but now thinking of going in this

1713904452848.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Over the past couple of seasons, teams have won a Cup with some pretty ordinary goaltending. But losing Demko could be the 'worst case scenario' for the Canucks.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Over the past couple of seasons, teams have won a Cup with some pretty ordinary goaltending. But losing Demko could be the 'worst case scenario' for the Canucks.
DeSmith carrying us to wins against Nashville and Edmonton then Demko coming back for round 3 and the finals to cap it off is the plan here

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Demko does have a long injury history.

He had double hip surgery at age 20 9 years ago. That isn't normal.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Reactions: Vector

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Other than the plane crashing or losing Hughes yes you're probably right
1713904819659.png

Reactions: Nomobo

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
In any case, this will show us what this group is made of. If they can't get up and give it their 100% for Demmer, I don't have much faith in them as a core. Win or lose, they need to elevate themselves for their teammate. Pettersson, you're up.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Tbh, those teams were stacked.
Canucks aren't a stacked team. They are a threat because they have a good team and had one of the best goalies active in the playoffs.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Tbh, those teams were stacked.
Canucks aren't a stacked team. They are a threat because they have a good team and had one of the best goalies active in the playoffs.
I mean lets be real, I wouldn't exactly consider the Canucks a 1A contender this season. Despite their record, I think they were a bit of an extended Cinderella story coming into the playoffs. NYR, Carolina, Florida, Colorado, Winnipeg, Boston, Toronto, Vegas, Edmonton, and Dallas are all probably more stacked "contenders" than the Canucks.

Canucks are reasonably deep, have an elite starting goalie, and the best defenseman in the league; but they dont have a truly elite top line (and especially not a truly elite top 6) like most of those teams. Our PP also lags behind the competition significantly. They still need a top 6 winger and a top 4 D, which are not insignificant pieces, to really be an elite team, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad