WCQF Game 7: Golden Knights @ Sharks - 7:00pm PDT| NBCSN,SN,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Last time I checked, law isn't a part of hockey on the ice. Gallant will punch through that degree.
Lol far be it from me to get in the way of your chirping, but you're wrong about this one.

Athletes are exempt from assault and battery charges because it is a reasonable expectation of the sport they play, especially in hockey. So long as it's committed on another player as athletes have a reasonable expectation that they may be victimized by violence, and so long as it doesn't go above and beyond what is expected when tempers flare in the course of athletic vitriol (Todd Bertuzzi on Steve Moore for example). Even baseball players can get away with a fight. But coaches fighting or even one taking a swing at another is not a recognized occupational risk and they could absolutely be subjected to criminal charges if they fought.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Lol far be it from me to get in the way of your chirping, but you're wrong about this one.

Athletes are exempt from assault and battery charges because it is a reasonable expectation of the sport they play, especially in hockey. So long as it's committed on another player as athletes have a reasonable expectation that they may be victimized by violence, and so long as it doesn't go above and beyond what is expected when tempers flare in the course of athletic vitriol (Todd Bertuzzi on Steve Moore for example). Even baseball players can get away with a fight. But coaches fighting or even one taking a swing at another is not a recognized occupational risk and they could absolutely be subjected to criminal charges if they fought.
Obviously I understand this, but what I am saying is Gallant would beat that clown to a bloody pulp. I am ignoring any of the repercussions in this hypothetical.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Las Vegas Thunder since 1993 when I was a kid, Las Vegas Wranglers season ticket holder, was there for every single moment with the Knights being one of the first to put down the deposit.

Next question?

Your grandmother must be very proud of her little munchkin :) I'm happy for you

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Obviously I understand this, but what I am saying is Gallant would beat that clown to a bloody pulp. I am ignoring any of the repercussions in this hypothetical.

Gallant would slip and hurt himself hes a clown

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'd honestly rather he not. If he's telling the truth about what he was saying to the Sharks players then I can understand why he's annoyed at DeBoer. And it wouldn't surprise me if the players over-exaggerated what Gallant was saying back to DeBoer in the heat of battle. Players don't want to be talked to at all by the opposing coach in a game, so I wouldn't doubt for a minute that they complained to DeBoer that Gallant was "chirping" at them.

But all this is stupid. A series is on the line, I just want Turk to figure out how to put many pucks in their net and keep it out of ours. The rest is just pointless.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Just saying, it is a stupid assumption to throw out that all Knights fans are "new" hockey fans. Hockey is fairly rich in this city and most families originally came from hockey locales.

I'm not disagreeing with you

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
TBF, while he seems reasonable here, he literally admits to talking to the players haha.
There's a difference between talking and chirping though. If Gallant is to be believed, Kane chirped at him first about Reaves. Which isn't something outside the realm of possibility.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
There's a difference between talking and chirping though. If Gallant is to be believed, Kane chirped at him first about Reaves. Which isn't something outside the realm of possibility.
Kane absolutely chirped him about Reaves, I'm sure. And, if we are pulling quotes directly from DeBoer, he didn't say chirping, he said "chatter". And --- I find it unlikely anything Gallant says to anyone during the game isn't impassioned and reasonably interpretable as a chirp.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
1 or 2, just curious

I'm a Vegas fan and wish gusev played
If they get through this game, Gusev may yet get his shot. And if he doesn't, then f*** it, he's here. Be it Vegas or another team, you'll get to see him in the NHL this calendar year.
Kane absolutely chirped him about Reaves, I'm sure. And, if we are pulling quotes directly from DeBoer, he didn't say chirping, he said "chatter". And --- I find it unlikely anything Gallant says to anyone during the game isn't impassioned and reasonably interpretable as a chirp.
Well maybe Gallant misunderstood. Idk. I don't think it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad