GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Golden Knights @ Sharks (Knights lead 3-1) | 7:00 Pacific | NBCSN/ATTSN

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Team was 3-0 in closeout games last year, and all the games were on the road. First one we’ve lost.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Looking back I want to be annoyed at Merrill for that controller disconnected moment guarding no one on the left wing, but it's hard to look at a specific defensive breakdown when the Knights were so barren of offensive synergy and lack of hustle. They truly didn't look like they wanted it tonight.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I got the next GDT, but I'll Need help.

Wind:
Heart:

I need players to fit those two elements. Stone, Reaves, Eakin and Flower have been assigned.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If they think Gusev can play. I would replace Nosek with him in game 6. Other than that, defensively this team isn't the same as last year.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Means nothing. That's a TV stat. The bigger issue is how we play on home ice.

I think the team had more of a killer instinct last year and played harder more consistently. The games closing out San Jose and Winnipeg were really impressive IMO. I thought they would be tougher games because those teams were facing elimination but we won more easily than I expected.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think the team had more of a killer instinct last year and played harder more consistently. The games closing out San Jose and Winnipeg were really impressive IMO. I thought they would be tougher games because those teams were facing elimination but we won more easily than I expected.

The other guys get paid & have pride too. If this was the Sharks best game, we win easy on Sunday.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If they think Gusev can play. I would replace Nosek with him in game 6. Other than that, defensively this team isn't the same as last year.
Need Nosek or Carpenter for the PK, and adding Gusev instead of either of those two isn't going to improve defense from what I've heard of Gusev.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Nosek has to stay in just for his PK ability. I wouldn't be totally against Gusev (or Pirri) coming in on the 3rd and dropping Nosek down to the 4th.

On the 2nd point that's mainly because Engelland is a corpse on skates and Miller has fallen off.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Need Nosek or Carpenter for the PK, and adding Gusev instead of either of those two isn't going to improve defense from what I've heard of Gusev.

PK as a forward is easy. 5 on 5 Nosek really isn’t dping anything.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Nosek has to stay in just for his PK ability. I wouldn't be totally against Gusev (or Pirri) coming in on the 3rd and dropping Nosek down to the 4th.

On the 2nd point that's mainly because Engelland is a corpse on skates and Miller has fallen off.

Then drop him to the 4th line. Either way they would have enough PK forwards

PEB
Eakin
Karlsson
Smith
Statsny
Stone

All very capable of playing 4 on 5.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

That's basically the story of the season. Engellend has been a traffic cone & Miller keeps struggling. Regardless of where this series or the rest of the season takes us, McPhee needs to upgrade the D big time. I said it before the season & I stand by it. Holden wasn't the answer last August, & he isn't the answer going forward. We need a young, punishing, in your face defenseman. Erik Karlsson isn't the answer either. He looks shot to me.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That's basically the story of the season. Engellend has been a traffic cone & Miller keeps struggling. Regardless of where this series or the rest of the season takes us, McPhee needs to upgrade the D big time. I said it before the season & I stand by it. Holden wasn't the answer last August, & he isn't the answer going forward. We need a young, punishing, in your face defenseman. Erik Karlsson isn't the answer either. He looks shot to me.

Agreed. The D was always my biggest concern. That's what really worried me with the Patches and Stone trades. Not that they aren't both great players, it's just those were assets that could have went to the D.

I think Miller is gone and Hague/Whitecloud will compete for that 3rd pair RD. I just don't know how they'll find the kind of top 4 D we need with our limited assets/cap space.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
MILESTONE ALERT!

XWM6CwD.png

10,000th HF Boards Post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad