GDT: WCQF Game 5 | Golden Knights @ Sharks (Knights lead 3-1) | 7:00 Pacific | NBCSN/ATTSN

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Medium Effort Edition

Tonight, our Golden Knights head into:

PkW315i.png

We have hfboards.mandatory.com exclusive content of Erik Karlsson's pregame ritual. In an effort to get healthy, he's employed a healthy young man for blood transfusion.
tCKZuBb.png

Coach DeBoer has presented a Strength/Weakness/Opportunities/Threats analysis, as has presented it to the locker room. Threats include a muffin man, we have reached out for additional information.
8aC3gLi.png

:vegas @:sharks
Vegas Golden Knights @ San Jose Sharks
Western Conference Quarterfinal Game 5
SAP Center, San Jose, California
7:00 PM Pacific

Knights Expected Lineup

Marchessault-Jonathan_3.png
Karlsson-William_3.png
Smith-Reilly_2.png

Pacioretty-Max.png
Stastny-Paul.png
Stone-Mark_VGK_.png

Nosek-Tomas_1.png
Eakin-Cody_1.png
Tuch-Alex_1.png

Carrier-Will_1.png
Bellemare-PE.png
Reaves-Ryan.png

Engelland-Deryk_1.png
Schmidt-Nate.png

McNabb-Brayden_1.png
Theodore-Shea_2.png

Merrill-Jon_1.png
Miller-Colin_2.png

Fleury-Marc-Andre_7.png

Subban-Malcolm_1.png

GD19.jpg
FC06.jpg

KM79.jpg
GD54.jpg

Sharks Expected Lineup

Jones-Martin_1.png

Dell-Aaron_1.png

(Click to find channel in your area, if you're in Metro Las Vegas)
Cox: 313(SD)/1313(HD)
DirecTV: 684 (HD)
Centurylink: 760(SD)/1760(HD)
images

(If you're anywhere else in the US)
sportsnetone.png

(If you're in Canadia)

(Click for link to listen online)

Okay.

This is what you get when you decide to put some effort into a GDT, and then you realize your premise is a little weak and cliche, yet you've put a half hour into it.

Still expecting full effort from the Knights though, of course.

Let's close this out.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Shit, Sharks fans have figured out the secret to them winning... quick our GDT needs to be crappier than theirs!!! :laugh:

Also a win here for me, would turn this Good Friday into a great Friday.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Predicting.
In that case, I'll just hope we make it his last game this season. :laugh:

Ms. BB is from San Jose and is a recovering Sharks fan. I've enjoyed watching Thornton play while I was watching the Sharks with her, hopefully he sticks around as long as he'd like. I'm a Jumbo Joe supporter, as long as he's not playing the Knights.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Ms. BB is from San Jose and is a recovering Sharks fan. I've enjoyed watching Thornton play while I was watching the Sharks with her, hopefully he sticks around as long as he'd like. I'm a Jumbo Joe supporter, as long as he's not playing the Knights.
Never been a fan of Thornton as he's real dirty, and usually does that "What? I did nothing!" schtick.

Now Marleau, I can get behind.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Never been a fan of Thornton as he's real dirty, and usually does that "What? I did nothing!" schtick.

Now Marleau, I can get behind.
I'd never consider myself a Sharks fan anymore, but when I was trying to get Ms. BB into hockey enough to support my obsession I definitely started rooting for the Sharks to not suck. All that to say that when there's a dude like that playing for a team you like, you're okay with it. We all know that.

I'm not a Thornton fan at all, but I like that he's in the league.

I've had a similar thing going on with Byfuglien since I fell in love with him during the Hawks cup run where he was huge. I own a Buff jersey for every team he's played for (I still wear the Atlanta one around from time to time for conversational purposes,) but he can eat shit when he's playing against the Knights.

I hope he never retires, but I'm happy to hate him when he's in the way of my team.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Has he said he's gone after this season, or are we just predicting he's done after this one?

Less dirty than Reaves.

Jumbo has not determined his future. (Or at least made a public statement on it.)

However, he is healthy (knees) after going through the previous two seasons missing some/most due to surgery and recovery. Should be a finalist (if not the winner) for Masterton.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Less dirty than Reaves.

Jumbo has not determined his future. (Or at least made a public statement on it.)

However, he is healthy (knees) after going through the previous two seasons missing some/most due to surgery and recovery. Should be a finalist (if not the winner) for Masterton.
It is possible to be "less dirty than Reaves" and also still be dirty. I'm not sure what the point of that response is.

Either way, I like players leaving on their own terms. If Thornton's got more years in him, I'm all for it.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Less dirty than Reaves.

Reaves is physical. He lays hits and then eggs on his opponents to rattle them. Thornton is dirty. Most of the Sharks are dirty. You'd almost think they're coached that way.

Reaves has never pushed his stick into a face over the ref's shoulder. Of course, Reaves would see a misconduct and suspension if he did. Reaves doesn't slewfoot someone and then look all innocent when he's sent to the box. I've never seen Reaves put a flying elbow on anyone, much less then claim he barely touched them and it was unintentional.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Less dirty than Reaves.

Whataboutism. Fun fact: Thornton has been suspended more times than Reaves... and Thornton has gone after the top players on the other team like Lidström when his team is down. That's something I hate.

And no way Thornton wins over Lehner. The Masterton is Lehner's and Lehner's alone. Heck, Joe shouldn't even be a finalist because a part of the Masterton is sportsmanship.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Vlasic and Thornton back and the Sharks are back at home. Last thing we need is a couple of their guys coming back, a Sharks win and the Sharks thinking they have momentum. Need to shut the door on them now.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Vlasic and Thornton back and the Sharks are back at home. Last thing we need is a couple of their guys coming back, a Sharks win and the Sharks thinking they have momentum. Need to shut the door on them now.

Also assuming game 6 at home would be a win is a big mistake. Plenty of teams have lost on home ice in these playoffs.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Also, please, a little prayer for my sister in law in her Knights gear visiting her hometown and attending an elimination game against her aforementioned hometown's team.

BB S-I-L, we hardly knew you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad