GDT: WCQF Game #3 - Sharks vs Kings - Shark Wars Special Edition - 7:30pm PDT CSNCA NBCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I know "no shot is a bad shot", but do you think it's possible Burns is shooting to much right now? Seems like Kings were shading his way and he wasn't getting the greatest look on his 20 shots

I have thought a while that Burns might shot too much.

Btw I don't know if I can go back to sleep. I'm in a strange state of mind where I am very angry, sad and numb at the same time and I don't know If I can sleep or actually do anything else than sit in front of my computer...

sjsharky

Sep 9, 2007
Mendocino Coast
I know "no shot is a bad shot", but do you think it's possible Burns is shooting to much right now? Seems like Kings were shading his way and he wasn't getting the greatest look on his 20 shots

I think he's been shooting too much for a while now. I know there's the counterpoint that he also scores a lot, but most of his goals come off of dynamic play, either quick one-timers or quick shots from the point. The whole "stand right in the middle at the blue line and fire slapshot after slapshot into a crowd" strategy has not been very effective.

NathanCouture

Angry Joe
Sponsor
Nov 1, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
They played a decent game. They need to tighten up on a few things. They need to play a bit more disciplined. Thats what led to the LA goal. If they had ignored brown, the game might have been different.

It's nice to see PDB adjusting to the other team as the game/series goes on. That was one of my biggest complaints about tmac.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
At the same time, there's probably others who would be thinking ''It's happening again'' if it didn't end in a sweep after being up 3 games to 0.

It's been worse than that. I've seen people saying they were hoping for the Sharks to lose so they wouldn't go up 3-0. Even if you are half-joking, half-joking means you are half-serious, and no Sharks fan should ever be rooting against their own team, especially in a playoff series.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
In what other sports do refs hide their whistles in the playoffs? Does that happen in NBA? I feel like it's the reverse.

The **** they were letting go in the 3rd makes the Wingels 'hooking' look like a complete screwjob. Sharks were clearly out playing and out skating, Kings were water skiing out there, but the only call the ones that are too obvious too ignore (DoG, extremely dirty spear). Wanna get creativity back in the game? Don't reward obstruction and ****** defensemen.

Edit: I'm salty.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Thought we played a good game overall. Puck possession and zone time increased after the first. PP just couldn't cash in and we couldn't get another one past Quick tonight. Would be nice if we can limit the penalties against next game.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Not that Jones was even remotely the problem, but perhaps starting Reimer in game 4 might be an okay idea? 1) Jones doesn't seem easily rattled 2) I could see Reimer coming up huge in his first playoff game ever 3) Maybe it wakes folks up? Probably a terrible, reactionary idea, but meh.

Flididdle

Sep 24, 2015
Losing by one goal in overtime after playing somewhat sloppy is nothing to freak out about. Seriously, I wonder sometimes if you all expect the sharks to go 16-0. Kings played well, Sharks played okay. Their PP and PK need to be better. Jones was fine, was it a saveable shot, yes. Was it a bad goal, sure. This is playoff hockey, do you think Dallas fans are claiming their playoff series is done after losing to the wild. Grow up.

Don't get upset just cuz other ppl are upset!

It wasn't a bad goal, shooter has the advantage there. Definitely saveable but nothing to clock off, the play behind him was just way to irresponsible, Kings we're waiting for some ugly looking play the entire game.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Spoiler alert to anyone who has never seen a playoff series. The Sharks weren't going to win this 4.

Right? It really seems like this is some people's first Shark's playoff series. The overreaction is amazing. We just won 2 on the road with the chance to head back down south with a 3-1 series lead. Even heading back 2-2 I'm not worried.

This is Sharks hockey, baby!

sjsharky

Sep 9, 2007
Mendocino Coast
All said, I think the Sharks have been the better team in all three games now. Beating the Kings was never going to be easy. If the Sharks keep playing the game they've been playing, they should win this series.

Also, there's now a 0% chance the Sharks will blow a 3-0 series lead, so we got that!

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
In all honesty, it may sound weird but part of me is almost glad we lost this game. Sure we let LA back in it a bit but I'd rather us give up a game when we're up 2-0 rather than be up again 3-0 and have another mental breakdown like last time. This way our guys realize quicker that they aren't invincible and can be beat. Every game has obviously been super close but we needed a good wake up to reality. I think we can for sure still win this though but it's gonna be a grind. Our powerplay needs to be better though and the Marleau line needs to start doing more.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Love all the bandwagon fans saying the series is over and the Sharks are done. Didn't know a team with a 2-1 series lead and dominating the other team 5 on 5 was done. Who knew?!

Improve the PP and win game 4!

Yup bandwagon fans have no faith in a team that has blown multiple 2-0 series leads as well as a 3-0 series lead. There is a reason this team is the laughing stock of the league come playoff time.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Not that Jones was even remotely the problem, but perhaps starting Reimer in game 4 might be an okay idea? 1) Jones doesn't seem easily rattled 2) I could see Reimer coming up huge in his first playoff game ever 3) Maybe it wakes folks up? Probably a terrible, reactionary idea, but meh.

Reimer has been in the playoffs before... lost to boston in game 7

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Has anyone other than the Thornton line scored yet? It feels like all the scoring this series is being done by them + Burns.

Yep all the top line, plus Hertl at end of pp, and burns.

Dillon ****ing blows, didn't make a single good play all game, and screwed the pooch at the end, with a weak ass backhand to no one and then going for a useless hit. Cooch also did not play that well, can't be flying the zone when the pucks at the blue line and your dman is in front of you.

Let's hope they buck up for game 4, because they looked off all night, always 1 second off on their plays.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Don't get upset just cuz other ppl are upset!

It wasn't a bad goal, shooter has the advantage there. Definitely saveable but nothing to clock off, the play behind him was just way to irresponsible, Kings we're waiting for some ugly looking play the entire game.

That's all they've been able to score on at ES is a broken play. Its still a 2-1 series. Anyone thinking sweep was nuts. Nip and tuck all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad