GDT: WCQF Game #3 - Sharks vs Kings - Shark Wars Special Edition - 7:30pm PDT CSNCA NBCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Despite sucking on the PP Sharks should have had two 5 on 3s with blatant penalties going uncalled. Kings are gaming the system by committing every minor infraction they can because they know the refs are far too deep into playoff mode to actually call them. Happened last 2 years, happening again. Darryl Sutter hockey.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
PP needs to be much better.

If we can win game 4 and split the home games - I'd be pretty happy.

If we lose game 4 - we should just forfeit home advantage for the rest of the playoffs.

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
Losing by one goal in overtime after playing somewhat sloppy is nothing to freak out about. Seriously, I wonder sometimes if you all expect the sharks to go 16-0. Kings played well, Sharks played okay. Their PP and PK need to be better. Jones was fine, was it a saveable shot, yes. Was it a bad goal, sure. This is playoff hockey, do you think Dallas fans are claiming their playoff series is done after losing to the wild. Grow up.

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
0/5 on PP because Thornton is the most stubborn and predictable player in the league. The book is out, read, and known on him.

The same pass to a Dman shooting from the blueline with tons of bodies in front of the net? Keep trying! It'll go in eventually!

****ing morons.

Thornton scored and was one of the best forwards tonight for the Sharks. They had some good looks on the powerplay in the 3rd period, but give credit to Quick for playing out of his mind.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Has anyone other than the Thornton line scored yet? It feels like all the scoring this series is being done by them + Burns.

Well to be fair, the Sharks have only scored 3 goals in Games 2 and 3 combined, so there isn't much scoring at all.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I'm more upset that the Sharks gave up a goal like that because of undisciplined plays by Couture and Dlillon than the Sharks losing. They're still up 2-1. Expecting them to sweep everyone is misguided thinking. If they keep playing like they have, they'll win the series. This honestly is the toughest team the Sharks could play in the playoffs and they are up 2-1.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I know "no shot is a bad shot", but do you think it's possible Burns is shooting to much right now? Seems like Kings were shading his way and he wasn't getting the greatest look on his 20 shots

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Hard to lose like that when we had so many chances. Deboer just needs to refocus them. Get thrm rested and keep going.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dillion with the solid 12:30 TOI haha. That demers swap is looking not so hot right now.

He's so inconsistent. Looked good in game 2. :(

Despite sucking on the PP Sharks should have had two 5 on 3s with blatant penalties going uncalled. Kings are gaming the system by committing every minor infraction they can because they know the refs are far too deep into playoff mode to actually call them. Happened last 2 years, happening again. Darryl Sutter hockey.

This is correct.

But they didn't suck on the PP they were just unlucky. They will win game 4 if they bring the same game they did in the 3rd.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
0/5 on PP because Thornton is the most stubborn and predictable player in the league. The book is out, read, and known on him.

The same pass to a Dman shooting from the blueline with tons of bodies in front of the net? Keep trying! It'll go in eventually!

****ing morons.

When the opposing team no longer plays opponents on the PP, but collapse to the net a la soccer, you hunt heads with the puck, not shins.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Game 4 is like a game 7 for the Sharks now. If they lose that then no way can I see them winning the series.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Has anyone other than the Thornton line scored yet? It feels like all the scoring this series is being done by them + Burns.

This and Quick reverting back to god-mode are what concern me most moving forward. We HAVE to get depth scoring in the playoffs for once this century, otherwise we won't be going very far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly I don't know why some of you guys watch if you already seem to think the Sharks losing is a foregone conclusion.

I think some people are still shell shocked over the reverse sweep two years ago, but I'm confident that the Kings wouldn't come back if it was 3-0 after tonight. That's such a rarity in sports. It will happen again in our lifetime for sure, but the same team doing it the second playoffs in a row that they made, to the same team they did it to the last time? I am confident it wouldn't have happened, but I said 2-0 is not out of the woods yet, when people were already proclaiming the series is done.

A sweep shouldn't happen. Even a depleted Minnesota on life support made it to a win before going down 3 games to 0 on Dallas tonight. But as I continue to say, the most disappointing thing in this is going up 2-0 on the road and being 0-1 at home so far. It's okay right now, but it's dire to get a win in game 4 at home. I said after 2-0 that I expect the two teams to split games 3 and 4. Would have felt more comfortable being up 3-0 after 3 and losing game 4 though. At the same time, there's probably others who would be thinking ''It's happening again'' if it didn't end in a sweep after being up 3 games to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad