GDT: WCQF - Game #3 Avs in Nashville @2:30pm MT| 4:30 ET|10:30 EET (Uncle Risto) | 3:30 ICT (Kingslayer)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don’t think Johansen intended to hit Kuemper in the eye, but I’m pretty damn well sure he intended to push his mask with his stick and make it look like an accident. I think he was frustrated on his way to losing three games in a row and was trying to do some dirty antics to anger the Avs, hoping to get them off their game.

Watch this entire shift below. He gives Makar a little shot to the face on the dump in. Then holding his stick with both hands he grazes Makar in the face with his stick. Then for some reason he’s got his stick pointed towards Kuemper’s face with the puck going the other way, and pushes forward with it. What possible reason does he have to push forward with his stick when the puck is going the other way?

If anyone thinks he “accidentally” hit someone in the face 3 times in 10 seconds, I got a bridge to sell you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
That was a dirty play. The guys at TNT knew it too. Toccette mentioned control of the stick and the other guy agreed. That wasn’t a clean play nor a complete accident.

Kinda hope we run Johansson next game. At least get two cross checking penalties for ugly hits to his kidneys or ribs.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
My two cents on the Kuemper injury is that Johansen should receive a suspension. He is responsible for his stick and was quite irresponsible on that particular play. It's clear to me from the video that after Johansen's stick first got caught in Kuemper's mask he begins pushing his stick toward Kuemper. Why? What did Johansen think his stick was caught in/on? Why push toward Kuemper? Johansen knew he was near the crease/goalie.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
My two cents on the Kuemper injury is that Johansen should receive a suspension. He is responsible for his stick and was quite irresponsible on that particular play. It's clear to me from the video that after Johansen's stick first got caught in Kuemper's mask he begins pushing his stick toward Kuemper. Why? What did Johansen think his stick was caught in/on? Why push toward Kuemper? Johansen knew he was near the crease/goalie.
Completely accidental

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
More and more I am for removing "intent" in any decision regarding penalties. Why do you have to be "responsible for your stick" in high sticking situation but if you can't skate properly and fall going into the corner and cut down someone why is it not a penalty for tripping? You tripped the guy!

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
A novel concept, having the leagues officials enforce the rules.

POS deserves twice what Kadri got last year.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
That was a dirty play. The guys at TNT knew it too. Toccette mentioned control of the stick and the other guy agreed. That wasn’t a clean play nor a complete accident.

Kinda hope we run Johansson next game. At least get two cross checking penalties for ugly hits to his kidneys or ribs.

Yes, control of the stick. Player is responsible for control of their stick at all times. Or would that be almost all of the time? Refs were paralyzed when that happened then too much time ticked off so it became for the refs mebbe no one will notice. I do wonder if it drew blood? That would really illicit a wtf from the reffing gaggle.

Reactions: LTC Pain

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Btw, i'm now deeply in love with Taryn "You can also call me Lauren if you like to Darling" Hatcher.
I will marry her someday and i'll fight anyone who tries to come between us! Just saying ...

Oh, good win btw ...

taryn-hatcher.gif
Well, that's 10 minutes I won't get back.

Also, thank you.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
His shooting and passing has been off, but to me at least he's not been a liability defensively and he's the one person on the third line who can carry the puck. He's had a few important d-zone carry exits and he's been engaged physically. I'd rather pull NAK for Newhook as I think the rookie would fit on the line better.

This is all eye test though, I will now go look at the stats and see that I'm wrong.

Might as well have posted this: View attachment 542696

He just hasn't been managing the puck well. That's the biggest indicator that Burakovsky isn't playing well, and it's been that way most of the season. He just keeps turning the puck over in situations where he didn't need to turn the puck over.

*cough* Compher *cough*

I didn't love his game in this one, but I thought he played fairly well the first couple games. He was a lot more engaged and battled more in front of the opposition's net than we're used to seeing from him.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I didn't love his game in this one, but I thought he played fairly well the first couple games. He was a lot more engaged and battled more in front of the opposition's net than we're used to seeing from him.
I didn't love his earlier games, and I only saw the 3rd period yesterday. I'll be curious to see if Bednar changes up the lines a bit to get more from the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad