GDT: WCQF - Game #3 Avs in Nashville @2:30pm MT| 4:30 ET|10:30 EET (Uncle Risto) | 3:30 ICT (Kingslayer)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t think Johansen intended to hit Kuemper in the eye, but I’m pretty damn well sure he intended to push his mask with his stick and make it look like an accident. I think he was frustrated on his way to losing three games in a row and was trying to do some dirty antics to anger the Avs, hoping to get them off their game.

Watch this entire shift below. He gives Makar a little shot to the face on the dump in. Then holding his stick with both hands he grazes Makar in the face with his stick. Then for some reason he’s got his stick pointed towards Kuemper’s face with the puck going the other way, and pushes forward with it. What possible reason does he have to push forward with his stick when the puck is going the other way?

If anyone thinks he “accidentally” hit someone in the face 3 times in 10 seconds, I got a bridge to sell you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He nearly did from the side angle I saw haha but alas he buried it. Love it. We get Bura to get some of those gimmies and we in business. I think everyone in the top 6 not named Mikko has a goal in the series now.

Yeah Burky's still the lone guy not pulling his weight on this team. I honestly would consider swapping him for Newhook for a game. Bednar needs to do something to wake him up.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
a healthy Saros would've made every game like game 2 - which was Nashville's best chance to win and actually had an opportunity to win, unlike games 1 and 3. All of a sudden it becomes 'we just need to capitalize on one chance' rather than 'we need score 3 goals to just tie it'.

The way Saros and Nashville had been playing the last several weeks...I do not think every game would've been like game 2 even were he healthy. We'll never know but the way the Avs are completely dominating the Preds it doesn't really matter who is in goal for them.

Reactions: Avs71

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Yeah Burky's still the lone guy not pulling his weight on this team. I honestly would consider swapping him for Newhook for a game. Bednar needs to do something to wake him up.
His shooting and passing has been off, but to me at least he's not been a liability defensively and he's the one person on the third line who can carry the puck. He's had a few important d-zone carry exits and he's been engaged physically. I'd rather pull NAK for Newhook as I think the rookie would fit on the line better.

This is all eye test though, I will now go look at the stats and see that I'm wrong.

All you need to know is this...
View attachment 542682
Might as well have posted this:
33635881_m.jpg

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don’t think Johansen intended to hit Kuemper in the eye, but I’m pretty damn well sure he intended to push his mask with his stick and make it look like an accident. I think he was frustrated on his way to losing three games in a row and was trying to do some dirty antics to anger the Avs, hoping to get them off their game.

Watch this entire shift below. He gives Makar a little shot to the face on the dump in. Then holding his stick with both hands he grazes Makar in the face with his stick. Then for some reason he’s got his stick pointed towards Kuemper’s face with the puck going the other way, and pushes forward with it. What possible reason does he have to push forward with his stick when the puck is going the other way?

If anyone thinks he “accidentally” hit someone in the face 3 times in 10 seconds, I got a bridge to sell you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
What is infuriating is that if the ref does his job and calls the 1st high stick to Makar nothing happens to Kuemper.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
You’re absolutely right, watching it like this and in real time, it’s intentional. Not necessarily getting his eye, but pushing him with his stick, yes yes and yes. You can see how he leans in and pushes, then skates away.

It’s a shame the league will do nothing about this (see Spurgeon cross check, still blows my mind he only got a fine) until someone really gets hurt (career ending, knock on wood).

I felt generally apathetic towards Johansen before, now I think he’s a pos. He was mentioned a few times in the game for some borderline dirty shit iirc

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
You’re absolutely right, watching it like this and in real time, it’s intentional. Not necessarily getting his eye, but pushing him with his stick, yes yes and yes. You can see how he leans in and pushes, then skates away.

It’s a shame the league will do nothing about this (see Spurgeon cross check, still blows my mind he only got a fine) until someone really gets hurt (career ending, knock on wood).

I felt generally apathetic towards Johansen before, now I think he’s a pos. He was mentioned a few times in the game for some borderline dirty shit iirc
That sequence and the close up frame shows me Johansson was using his stick as a weapon. Skated with it up in the air the entire shift. He's garbage.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Oh yeah he's a pos for sure. It's also hilarious that he never even approaches anyone over 6'0"

He'll get into scrums as long as the other guy is 5'11 or less.... f***in' p***y

Reactions: Avs91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad