Pre-Game Talk: WCQF - Game 2 - Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues - Aug 14 - 3:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Sure, I'll never fully recover from the 'scars' of 2011 either, but at the same time, that kind of pressure (the weight of past failures) does not need to be heaped onto this current group of kids.
You don't wake up in the middle of the night "Harold, why the **** did you have to pass to Mike Bossy!!!!!"??? :laugh:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Why is this whole thread about 2011 go to a different thread please

Anyway I think St. Louis comes out angry tomorrow. Hope we’re ready. After last night I believe we can win this series and I think the team has a ton of confidence and belief in each other. I also think they’re having so much fun. That’s a dangerous team!

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
They finished the Sharks off in 5 though, they had plenty of time to rest for the SCF. In fact, they started up 2-0. That's why I don't buy the 'should have finished off the Hawks sooner' argument. IMO, the series turned on the Hamhuis injury. Rome got pressed up the lineup, then got an unprecedented 4 games for being 0.1 seconds late on a hit.

Yesterday, Anders Lee was literally 20 feet from Nicklas Backstrom when Backstrom got rid the puck; Lee hit him anyway, got a two-minute penalty and not so much as a peep from Player Safety while Backstrom is now in concussion protocol. Farcical when considering what Rome got.

Backstrom has already followed through on his pass when I took this screenshot.

Attachments

• Lee hit on Backstrom .png
    Lee hit on Backstrom .png
    136 KB · Views: 5

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Anyway I think St. Louis comes out angry tomorrow. Hope we’re ready. After last night I believe we can win this series and I think the team has a ton of confidence and belief in each other. I also thinking they’re having so much fun. That’s a dangerous team!

I agree the Blues will come out hard. IMO, the Canucks have thus far shown that they are well prepared for games, so hopefully that continues tomorrow and they can weather the storm

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

Anyway I think St. Louis comes out angry tomorrow. Hope we’re ready. After last night I believe we can win this series and I think the team has a ton of confidence and belief in each other. I also thinking they’re having so much fun. That’s a dangerous team!
It's all @EpochLink fault.

Reactions: Hit the post

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Did they ever actually address that old "insult".

Trying to find the interview but can't. I do remember very clearly that when asked about the sisters remarks one of them replied something along the lines of "what's wrong with being called sisters?"

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Not much time to recover from a bruising game - on both sides - with an afternoon game tomorrow. Would sure help if we can get a 2nd win, given that there'll be back to backs on Sunday/Monday. That's 3 games in 4 nights for both teams. Why not just play every other day?

Why did the NHL schedule it this way? I realise there's no travel involved, but this could be just as punishing physically, and risking injuries. Hope the teams prove me wrong and I'm worrying for nothing.

Reactions: David71

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I demand footage of Edler rocking Perron last night. None of the feeds I found had it

Bump. Can someone please find this and gif it?

I still can't find anything. It was like a split second before they cut to a another play/scene

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Anyway I think St. Louis comes out angry tomorrow. Hope we’re ready. After last night I believe we can win this series and I think the team has a ton of confidence and belief in each other. I also think they’re having so much fun. That’s a dangerous team!

Agreed... I know it's nostalgic to reminiscence 2011, but the past is the past. It's not really about the 2011 Canucks, it's just you missing your old younger self haha, scars heal.

If we can beat the Blues next game, then I believe we have a strong chance at winning this round. Most posts claim the Blues will turn on their gear soon... most likely... but what about the Canucks? We have a hungry young team that's ready to go, what if the Canucks go to their next level? Just look at our captain. We have claimed since drafting him that Bo Horvat is a player you need in the playoffs. This is his first year to prove that claim... and he has proven that. Bo is playing his best hockey ever, the playoffs intensity is what gets him going, other players are also stepping up.

I think the break has been most beneficial for our young guys.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s only one game. But it was a huge one. If we lost game 1 I don’t think we had a realistic chance to win the series. So game 1 imo was a must win for the Canucks.
I see the series right now as being fairly even. St Louis will likely come out flying and amping up the physicality. One of those games where if he Canucks can weather the first 5 minutes then I think we will have a close game and a decent shot of winning. We probably need the top line to play better at 5 vs 5 as we won’t likely see 6 power plays. I’m not predicting the result but I predict a Sutter goal. He has looked like a new player so far.

Reactions: Ozone

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
We're taking game 2 as well. The Blues are damn good - but there's something special about this team guys. You can just tell by watching them. Look at the body language and the never give up attitude. The Blues will ramp it up - but trust me, we're the hungrier team.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
got bored, watched 2003 recaps

how has it been nearly twenty years? did anybody at the time comment on the osgood/cloutier birdcage mask showdown?

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad