GDT: [WCQF GAME 2] | Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks | 4.14.17 | 8:30PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Over/Under on the amount of penalties the Oilers receive tonight?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Are you ****ing kidding me? We go from Tim Peel to Chris Lee? The NHL sure doesn't want us to advance. We're going to have to be elite tonight to beat the Sharks, and the refs. We can't face our own mistakes, the other team, and the refs, and be successful. We have to have a really solid game to overcome that ****.

****ing Christ. Lee is the worst ref in the game. **** you, NHL.

On the bright side. We're unstoppable without ****ups and ****refs.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I'm quite surprised at our record with him too. Have a general disdain for him also.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I really wish we had some help from the A. None of our scratches really give me any confidence. Puljujarvi is green but offers a dimension no one else does.

Fayne is obviously not a McLellan guy, he made that obvious with his comments in pre-season, and his actions throughout the year, but I would really like to have him in my back pocket if Benning struggles.

I'm expecting a win today, but they're going to have to be much sharper this time around to give themselves a chance.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
They played about the worst two periods of the last month, with a bunch of penalties. Tonight won't be the same.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Finally got the heart to watch the highlights from game 1... just what in the flying **** was Gryba doing on that OT goal? Oh my god... it's no wonder he's out, please keep him out.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Now I have to worry about Sekera/Russell... being out there.

What I would give to have Davidson back and Lander where Desharnais is. I don't care that Lander doesn't score, he can saw off against any other line and that's all we want from the 4th line.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
:laugh:

I used to love Burns, thought he was hilarious. Now after one game I flipping hate his guts and can't stand his face. Amazing what playoffs do hey?

Go Oilers!

He got away with a ton of **** in game 1, meanwhile the Oilers were called for at least 2 or 3 weak penalties that you never see called in regular season hockey, let alone playoffs.

Anyways enough about the refs, they contributed to wrecking the flow of game 1, but the Oilers need to be much better responding when the momentum shifts. They simply didn't have any answer or pushback after the 2-1 goal, aside from a couple McDavid rushes and Caggiula's breakaway with the unfortunate broken stick. That was probably the turning point in terms of the games outcome. If Caggiula's stick holds up and he scores to go up 3-1 then the Oilers probably win, but they still wouldn't have deserved the win due to their overall play (not that I would have complained if they found a way to win a game they played so poorly in).

Hope the boys come out flying again and carry it through the night. The crowd was into it all night and will be again tonight so no excuses for going flat for 40 mins. Few guys need a big bounce back game, and I expect McDavid to come out with a vengeance.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
ugh somehow after the first game I knew we'd get Chris Lee for the next game as he hadn't reffed any games yet....son of a...**** you NHL! Guess they better just play super fast and avoid the box.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
ugh somehow after the first game I knew we'd get Chris Lee for the next game as he hadn't reffed any games yet....son of a...**** you NHL! Guess they better just play super fast and avoid the box.

I'm as frustrated as anyone at last game. All I want is Lee calling both teams the same way, whatever that is.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Biggest thing is we need shorter shifts.

Body runs out of ATP in 40s. Sharks average shift time last game was 43 seconds. Ours was 58s. Using all our anabolic energy. Why we looked so tired.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't think Dreger is right on this one. Nurse looks like he's staring at the Shark player when the stick blade comes towards him. It looks like mere coincidence that the stick blade went to where Nurse repositioned his stick to block the passing lane to the Shark who was driving the zone between him and Gryba. If anything it just looks like Gryba misread the situation and didn't recognize the threat on the far side of the ice and committed to the guy streaking in between him and Nurse.

I didnt listen to post game interviews however, so if one of them said they mistook the blade for the puck then I guess they did, but it didn't look like it in the replay.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Gryba is such a horrible defender the only thing he is good for is hitting. Defending isn't in his skill set I mean he doesn't even know how to use his stick properly to poke check I still cannot believe he got OT time within the first five minues along wit the fourth line. I hope Mclellan took his head out of his ass.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Biggest thing is we need shorter shifts.

Body runs out of ATP in 40s. Sharks average shift time last game was 43 seconds. Ours was 58s. Using all our anabolic energy. Why we looked so tired.

Part of that was the Sharks' ability to pin us in our own zone and prevent line changes for extended periods.

Bottom line, we can't let them set up in our zone.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Anyone have any video of the Oilers intro vid? I want to watch it again haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad