GDT: WCQF GAME #2: Canucks vs. Blues | 3:30 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Canucks need Jake clicking if they expect to win this series.

I know it wont happen, but I would play him 12 -14 minutes and take the consequences this game, to get him going. We lose this game and it's a best of 5 against the defending champs which if someone told you that on March 10 you would be ecstatic.

When Jake is out there regularly doing what he can do, opposing D start to cough up the puck even when there is no pressure on them. We need that.

Sometimes you have to lose a little to win a lot.

Jake sucks. He shouldn’t need 12-14 minutes to get going. He should be motivated because it’s playoff hockey. Instead he’s barely been noticeable. Tyler Motte has way less size and skill yet he’s made way more of an impact with limited minutes because he plays like he actually gives a f***. Jake needs to wake up

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I'd expect a tighter game from the Blues. They may allow the Canucks to get plenty of perimeter shots to warm up Binnington,but they'll block off the middle like they like to do so well.

The Canucks just have to keep racing down the wings and keep them turning and chasing.

Marky will have to be huge tonight. Think the Blues will try to come harder after the Canucks D which I'm sure they will pound and pound.

The homer in me is calling for a 3-2 OT win, and perhaps we come from behind to do it.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
TiredMealyAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_04b50cfa67b47b57ed39287d47232fbf_d74c44f8_500-2.gif

I'd expect a tighter game from the Blues. They may allow the Canucks to get plenty of perimeter shots to warm up Binnington,but they'll block off the middle like they like to do so well.

The Canucks just have to keep racing down the wings and keep them turning and chasing.

Marky will have to be huge tonight. Think the Blues will try to come harder after the Canucks D which I'm sure they will pound and pound.

The homer in me is calling for a 3-2 OT win, and perhaps we come from behind to do it.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Indiana

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
This will probably pivot on the goalies. If Marky continues his fantastic play we have a great shot at winning this, even if Binny bounces back. Any weak goals on us will be killers. Blues will be even tougher and trying harder to exploit tiny weaknesses which have so far not shown themselves. We could play great and still lose to these guys...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I expect them to run Marky early to try and get him off his game. Lots of crease crashing and gamesmanship after whistle.

and true to form, the refs will let them get away with it.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Trying to not get emotionally involved as hockey in August unholy and against God. But it's exciting any time the Canucks are in the running for the Cup.

Reactions: Indiana

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Interesting break down of the series by Travis Yost...

"There were a few important takeaways from Game 1. First and most importantly: Vancouver clearly belongs. This was not an inexperienced team that looked rattled. In fact, I thought they did an excellent job of using their speed on the wings to effectively counterattack St. Louis on a number of occasions, an important development considering the Blues’ ability to own the puck for extended periods of games."

Intriguing chess match developing between Vancouver Canucks and St. Louis Blues - TSN.ca

I was listening to 1040 the other day and Button was trying to claim Millers line was dominant. Yost piece basically shows the opposite at 5 on 5

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
St Louis is the better team 5v5. Which means, the Canucks have to keep converting against the run of the play. That’s it.

The Stecher goal came at a time when the Canucks were buckling under the pressure from the Blues. It changed the game. They need a play like that this game. Something unexpected.

Ultimately, it is their conversion rate that will decide things. They’re not going to consistently outshoot the Blues.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
St Louis is the better team 5v5. Which means, the Canucks have to keep converting against the run of the play. That’s it.

The Stecher goal came at a time when the Canucks were buckling under the pressure from the Blues. It changed the game. They need a play like that this game. Something unexpected.

Ultimately, it is their conversion rate that will decide things. They’re not going to consistently outshoot the Blues.

Helps if Binnington is still off his game.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Canucks poked the sleeping bear last time... I wonder if it's awake or still sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille