Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
:surrender

IzwpgXQ.jpg

@Mr. Canucklehead sez:

Hopefully this is the start of a long, fun run for the fans here to enjoy together. I just want to remind everyone of some rules of decorum before we get underway - treat each other with respect, and please report any posts that you feel violate the Site Rules rather than replying to them. Also, not that it should need repeating at this point - using this thread or this board to cheer against the Canucks is trolling and will be treated accordingly.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I’m expecting a big game from the Lotto line today. They were quiet in Game 1 against Minnesota, and I think that might’ve been due to figuring out the style that the other team plays during playoffs is different. Expecting the same approach with the blues.

3-1 Canucks, Markstrom stands on his head

Pettersson x1
Miller x1
Eriksson x1 (EN)

Go Canucks Go!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
why the 330 start... plus back to backs on the weekends markstrom for sure will feel fatigued again and probaly give up "bad goals" but anyways. blues are dirty hopefully someone on vancouver knocks david perron dirty player hack and slashing hughes. think got him in the ribs? and then tried to grab his neck when the puck wasnt nearby. motte/eriksson with goals tommorow. different heros step up!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

HockeyNightInAsia

Mar 22, 2020
Agreed we should insert Gaudette for Virtanen. A couple of nice plays just aren’t enough to erase the bonehead ones, and we shouldn’t wait until a loss to put Gaudette in.

Think that MacEwen and Eriksson are sometimes interchanged, with Eriksson getting more ice time when leading (e.g. with Motte and Beagle after a PP). Certainly wouldn’t mind MacEwen being played more 5vs5, especially when the physicality calls for it. I recall Game 4 vs Minny he was on ice for both Pearson and Horvat goals?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It would be incredible if we could keep the momentum going tonight and try to prevent St. Louis from getting a foot hold in this series. I agree that if there is any change the Canucks might / should make, it would be Gaudette in for Virtanen. At worst, it’s motivation for Virtanen to pull up his socks. At best, Gaudette provides some of the clutch secondary offense he provided so well during the regular season.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
why the 330 start... plus back to backs on the weekends markstrom for sure will feel fatigued again and probaly give up "bad goals" but anyways. blues are dirty hopefully someone on vancouver knocks david perron dirty player hack and slashing hughes. think got him in the ribs? and then tried to grab his neck when the puck wasnt nearby. motte/eriksson with goals tommorow. different heros step up!
I really enjoyed the stream of consciousness of this Post @Dave Ayers . Reminds me of the Modern Classic:
upload_2020-8-14_8-10-38.jpeg

Game might look a little more like this Modern Classic:
upload_2020-8-14_8-13-2.jpeg

Thanks for the GDT @Zombotron

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Canucks 4-0 with Virtanen in lineup :vhappy:

Let's make it 5-0!

But if someone replies and says this is stupid that's okay on this board but if I reply back and say yours was stupid I'll get punished, that's how it seems to work here.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
LESSSSSS GO BOYYYYYYYZZZZZ!!!! I have a good feeling about this series. Maybe it's my exuberance at finally being back to the playoffs but Blues just don't have the same look and feel as last year and even thou they are gonna be a tough out I think we can and will do this.

If we can steal another game tonight - would be huge although I expect St. Louis to come out hard tonight. Gonna have to weather the first 10 mins and hopefully settle into the game before we are into a hole.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I’d swap Virtanen out for Gaudette, he just isn’t in a groove right now

It really feels like the Blues just check out and want to escape the bubble if the Canucks take this one today..just a thought

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks need Jake clicking if they expect to win this series.

I know it wont happen, but I would play him 12 -14 minutes and take the consequences this game, to get him going. We lose this game and it's a best of 5 against the defending champs which if someone told you that on March 10 you would be ecstatic.

When Jake is out there regularly doing what he can do, opposing D start to cough up the puck even when there is no pressure on them. We need that.

Sometimes you have to lose a little to win a lot.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I’d swap Virtanen out for Gaudette, he just isn’t in a groove right now

It really feels like the Blues just check out and want to escape the bubble if the Canucks take this one today..just a thought

tbh virtanen should probably be on a strict three games on, one game in the press box cycle to keep his head in the game

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I think it is a pretty great book about the sacrifices of parenthood. But yeah, dystopian and all that.

I remember it as hiding your worsening mesothelioma from your son only to have it revealed at the end that you went about it all wrong if you wanted to survive in the post-apocalyptic world.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks will be facing a desperate Blues team in this one....first 10-minutes or so will be critical....Canucks have to 'bend' but not 'break', otherwise they'll be chasing the game all afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->