Pre-Game Talk: WCQF - Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues - Aug 12 - 7:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
That is actually a decent play-off avatar theme.

4b43yq.jpg

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
So, Canucks and Blues...

Either way, this series is going to be a lot of valuable experience for the Canucks. I really do think they have a shot at surprising here, but even if the Blues revert to championship form, I think this series will only benefit our young guys in the long run.
I dont really think itd be that big of a surprise to us blues fans if you beat us. Weve looked super bad in both the exhibition game and 3 round robin games following that.

Our offense has been non existant with us often failing to register 20 shots on goal. (We scored 4 goals on like 17 shots vs vegas, but thats because marc andre-fleury was really really bad. Like really really bad. Not because we had good chances. Vegas dominated that game. Our defense has looked somewhat good in round robin games 1 and 3 but vegas dominated us. Goaltending has been mostly good despite binny being under siege vs vegas.

We are just hopeful that our defense will look like it dod in round robin games 1 and 3 and that we can just maybe find some sliver of hope on offense to get going but we look so disjointed now. Tarasenko looks like a guy that hasnt played all year and is wary coming off a shoulder injury.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I dont really think itd be that big of a surprise to us blues fans if you beat us. Weve looked super bad in both the exhibition game and 3 round robin games following that.

Our offense has been non existant with us often failing to register 20 shots on goal. (We scored 4 goals on like 17 shots vs vegas, but thats because marc andre-fleury was really really bad. Like really really bad. Not because we had good chances. Vegas dominated that game. Our defense has looked somewhat good in round robin games 1 and 3 but vegas dominated us. Goaltending has been mostly good despite binny being under siege vs vegas.

We are just hopeful that our defense will look like it dod in round robin games 1 and 3 and that we can just maybe find some sliver of hope on offense to get going but we look so disjointed now. Tarasenko looks like a guy that hasnt played all year and is wary coming off a shoulder injury.

Somehow it seems like the majority of both fanbases think their teams will lose. :laugh: Don't remember the last time something like this occurred.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

Yeah I think being the Champs you guys obviously coasted thru last round..............not sure how feasible it is (even as talented as you are) that you can "flip the switch" in game one. More likely it takes at least a few games to find your groove - which is a dangerous game to play at this level of hockey.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
So, Canucks and Blues...

Either way, this series is going to be a lot of valuable experience for the Canucks. I really do think they have a shot at surprising here, but even if the Blues revert to championship form, I think this series will only benefit our young guys in the long run.
Agreed..Canucks have nothing to lose..I just hope that they put the pedal down to the metal, and give 110%..A good measuring stick here to see how we match up.

Canucks have had entertaining games against the Blues the past few seasons..

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Waiting for Wednesday, I’m finding that Monday & Today are blended, so this works
80A6CC33-6874-49C2-971B-0340B55AC101.gif

15C301C3-9E02-46DA-8AEB-9EE06565C03F.jpeg
84E926A6-DCC0-41BE-BAA9-A94A895DC534.jpeg

Hoping this is how Tarasenko is feeling heading into our series
53D868F3-4DFA-4833-9C20-7F23D3419009.gif

Dude is a game changer as well we know.

Getting really pumped to watch “Playoff Hockey here in a few minutes.

At least we won’t have to worry about HF crashing now with the Draft over & certain teams not playing.
89326773-CE00-4613-A80B-54329C7A20AB.gif

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I actually liked Sutter in the third line center role. I thought he made that third line better... the two games (exhibition and game one) I saw Gaudette play was not great at all.

I would stick Sutter in the third line C position. We are 3-0 with him there and that third line has looked great. Would not mind that we bench Gaudette until changes are necessary.

Agree that Sutter has looked good as the 3C. What about playing Gaudette at wing to add some scoring?

Reactions: Grub

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Bernier-Wellwood-Raymond was actually a decent third line with Johnson/Rypien on the 4th.

Demitra-Sundin-Kesler behind the Sedins squared and Burrows.

We actually had a rock solid team, then we choked away a 1-0 lead game 4 vs the Hawks to take a 3-1 lead in the series, and Luongo imploded in games 5/6 (sedins were unreal in that game 6, especially Daniel).

That game 6 loss was what really started the whole Luongo is a playoff chocker narrative and deservedly so. That was the biggest goaltending playoff choke I’ve ever seen from a Canucks goaltender. Game 6 facing elimination, we score 5 goals and end up losing 7-5. Outshot the Hawks 38-30 and seemed to generally carry the play. Our top players were on that game to. The Twins showed up for the big game and so did Sundin. Unfortunately Luongo chocked it away.

Even Shane O’Brien scored that game and we still lost

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Our guys look hungry, so motivation won't be a problem. Hope Petey watches his back. Not that the Blues are a dirty team, but they'll be keying on him physically. Hughes can usually skate his way out of danger. I hope it goes 6-7 games, whatever the outcome.

Are the Blues the sleeping giant that hasn't awakened yet? If they haven't, we'd better take advantage of it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad