Pre-Game Talk: WCQF - Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues - Aug 12 - 7:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: August 12th, 7:30PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

B4F04DE3-9FA5-49ED-A03A-2C6A9F361681.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson- Miller
Eriksson - Horvat - Pearson
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Myers - Juolevi

Markstrom

Canucks’ Top Scorers:
Quinn Hughes - 4GP, 1G, 5A, 6Pts
Elias Pettersson - 4GP, 1G, 3A, 4Pts

Bo Horvat - 4GP, 2G, 2A, 4Pts

St. Louis Blues’ Starting Lineup:
To Be Determined

Blues’ Top Scorers:
Ryan O’Reilly - 3GP, 0G, 3A, 3Pts
David Perron - 3GP, 2G, 0A, 2Pts
Colton Parayko - 3GP, 2G, 0A, 2Pts

OPERATION 19 WINS:

Win 1:

Win 2:

Win 3:

Notes in Advance of Game 1:
Canucks F Micheal Ferland is unfit to play.
Canucks F Tyler Toffoli is unfit to play.
Canucks F Adam Gaudette is available to the roster again.

Moderator’s Note:
Hopefully this is the start of a long, fun run for the fans here to enjoy together. I just want to remind everyone of some rules of decorum before we get underway - treat each other with respect, and please report any posts that you feel violate the Site Rules rather than replying to them. Also, not that it should need repeating at this point - using this thread or this board to cheer against the Canucks is trolling and will be treated accordingly.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

Last edited:

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Well reading the comments on social media is hilarious. Blues fans thinking we take it in 4 or 5. Actually saw one guy say he hopes we sweep them and he isn't watching a single game after their performance lol.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Wow I can’t believe we are in the playoffs again and it took us more than 9 years to win a series. Just turned 20 in 2011 still in SFU and now almost 30. Please just go hard and make the most of this opportunity. I don’t want to be 40 the next time this happens again, but I have complete faith that this new core will not let me down.

GO CANUCKS GO!!:):thumbu:

Win this for Botch, the Sedins and the rest of the 2011 boys.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Not sure how I feel about having such a long break between games. The team looked to be getting into a groove, and 5 days off might benefit the Blues more than it does the Canucks.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I would imagine St Louis was sleepwalking because they knew they were getting in regardless and there's essentially no such thing as home advantage in the bubble. I expect them to play hard, but I think the Canucks match up well with them.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Also, games 3 and 4 are back to back. Hope that they find a way to get Marky better rested this time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Wow I can’t believe we are in the playoffs again and it took us more than 9 years to win a series. Just turned 20 in 2011 still in SFU and now almost 30. Please just go hard and make the most of this opportunity. I don’t want to be 40 the next time this happens again, but I have complete faith that this new core will not let me down.

GO CANUCKS GO!!:):thumbu:

Win this for Botch, the Sedins and the rest of the 2011 boys.

f in unfinished business! do it for Burr, Ryp, Quinn and Bourdon!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Swap out Eriksson for a healthy Tofolli and that lineup up front looks pretty formidable.

Unfortunately there was no update on Toffoli’s status as of today.

I think if we see a change for Game 1, it may be Gaudette in for one of Virtanen or MacEwen. But honestly, if Toffoli’s still not good to go, I’d roll with the same forward unit that won Game 4 vs Minny.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i think we have to steal one on the road to have any chance. ROR is going to hard matched on petey in their home games, and we're going to want horvat against ROR when we have last change.

miller petey boeser
eriksson horvat virtanen
pearson gaudette toffoli
motte beagle sutter

that third line better kill its soft minutes

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
i think we have to steal one on the road to have any chance. ROR is going to hard matched on petey in their home games, and we're going to want horvat against ROR when we have last change.

miller petey boeser
eriksson horvat virtanen
pearson gaudette toffoli
motte beagle sutter

that third line better kill its soft minutes

I actually liked Sutter in the third line center role. I thought he made that third line better... the two games (exhibition and game one) I saw Gaudette play was not great at all.

I would stick Sutter in the third line C position. We are 3-0 with him there and that third line has looked great. Would not mind that we bench Gaudette until changes are necessary.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think we win game 1 by a score of 4-2 with our goals coming from Stecher, Pearson, Edler and Boeser. Anything else would be SHOCKING

Reactions: lindgren

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I actually liked Sutter in the third line center role. I thought he made that third line better... the two games (exhibition and game one) I saw Gaudette play was not great at all.

I would stick Sutter in the third line C position. We are 3-0 with him there and that third line has looked great. Would not mind that we bench Gaudette until changes are necessary.

After the Winnipeg game, I thought he was done as a player, to be frank. He really blasted my expectations out of the water against Minnesota. I thought he was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad