Refs are biased tonight

McDavid not getting the space, good work sharks

Edmonton showing some inexperience in their first playoff game

Still exciting game

I'm cheering for Oilers

I got for OT:

Ward

Drai

Funny eh, I wanted the Sharks before playoffs started so the Nuks could get that first rounder, but, after seeing what the Sharks get away with and the PPs they are gifted I just can't. Go OILERS...

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Have you never heard the cliche that refs always get the retaliation?

Lucic lets it go and nothing happens.

Not many people are saying Lucic didn't commit an infraction. Problem is, if the zebras are seeing the retaliation, they should also see the dive from the guy that is embarrassing them.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, it's awesome rooting for a team when the refs want them to win. Ref Jose! Ref Jose!

Let's go reefffssssss lets go! Clap clap clap!

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I was worried about what it would look like with the Oilers catching a banged up Sharks team, but the playoff experience is showing. With a healthy Thornton and Couture, the Sharks win this in regulation.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Oilers fans brag about their new found toughness but they don't realize that having undisciplined morons like Kassian and Lucic in the lineup also leads to plenty of PKs. Here's the thing - maybe Meier embellished a bit there, but Lucic has a reputation as a guy who can't take a hit. You saw it when Couture destroyed him with a hip check in the first game of the 15-16 season. Lucic has a history of very poor discipline and he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt whatsoever on plays like that. Like it or not, every team in the league, including the Oilers, who have plenty of divers, will embellish when a player like Lucic starts running wild. I wouldn't be shocked if a dumb Lucic or Kassian penalty in OT costs the Oilers the game.

And to be clear here, I do not condone Meier's embellishment. I wish he wouldn't embellish, because eventually it will come back to get him, and it's not cool. But you have to realize every time has at least 3 players that will do that in that situation.

I appreciate your being honest about this. I agree Lucic shouldn't have done it

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Funny eh, I wanted the Sharks before playoffs started so the Nuks could get that first rounder, but, after seeing what the Sharks get away with and the PPs they are gifted I just can't. Go OILERS...

If the Sharks win the series, the first rounder is what i'm rooting for hahaha

I wanna see McDavid push the limit though

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Not many people are saying Lucic didn't commit an infraction. Problem is, if the zebras are seeing the retaliation, they should also see the dive from the guy that is embarrassing them.

It's embellishment.

Not diving.

And I'd be more ticked with Lucic taking a dumb, unnecessary penalty than Meier grabbing his wrist. People should whine about that.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Lol ok we know you're not watching . And yea all those gift PP 5out of 6 gave the Sharks a jump to this game.
Oh, I'm watching. Watching the sharks just take it to the oil, over and over again. Have completely dominated the last two. But oil have beat player in the world, so they can still win for sure.

Just don't pretend they aren't getting worked overall

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I hate that San Jose was gifted Thornton and Burns because a couple GM's had momentary lapses in sanity.

Lmfao, this is a great post, but to be fair, the Burns trade wasn't awful from a Wild perspective. Nobody had any idea Burns would be the first defenseman since 1998 with back to back 75 point seasons, and Coyle, Setoguchi, 1st round pick was a solid package for a guy who was a solid #2 all star D-man. Burns' value at that point is damn near similar to Adam Larsson's before he was traded; probably a little higher though.

Man am I nervous for this overtime. I think Couture is gonna score for us.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
yeah, the NHL really wants them sharks to win

ref jose

Had to go back to read my post again to find the part where I said there's a conspiracy... still looking.

It comes down to this, for whatever reason, the reffing has heavily favoured the Sharks. Doesn't mean the NHL wants them to win. Doesn't mean Tim Peel has it out for the Oilers. It simply means that during this game, the Sharks have gotten away with far more than the Oilers, and overall, it hasn't been called equally. If you disagree, there's nothing I can do -- to me it has been obvious.

Let me know if you still have trouble understanding what I've posted. I'll reiterate a couple more times before giving up.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The calls are one-sided. Why should any team have to "get used to it." It's embarrassing for the game.

They're one-sided because of where the game flow is going like it has always been. When the Oilers were in control, they were getting calls including two softies. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad