WCQF Game 1: Sharks @ Oilers | 8:00 MT | SN, NBCS CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sharks dominated from the 2nd period on after getting manhandled in the first.

3 more to go Sharks.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Nope. It's a dive. He got a whack on the shinpads and hit the deck harder than Sonny Liston. I don't care what you'd be more ticked about. I'm talking about the soccerfication of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

A dive is when a player fakes a penalty (ie whipping head back and grabbing your face when someone waves their stick around the shoulders).

Embellishment is when a player overacts to actual contact and/or penalty.

So if the refs callef anyhthing on Meier, its embellishment. Because Lucic did commit a penalty.

And I'm more annoyed by fans blaming the refs for their teams play than anything, but that's just me.

And anti climatic ending. Sharks owned tomight, 44 to 19 shkt advantage on the road.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
McDavid doesn't seem to ever attempt to slow the game down after zone entry. The rush was clearly shut down. Have to adjust.
Yep to the drawing board cause mcdavid is literally going to have someone on him all the way through the nuetral zone even when he doesnt have puck, they have to find a way to get him a lil room

SJSharks408

Apr 13, 2012
San Jose
Oilers came out flying in the 1st but we came roaring back the rest of the game. Really impressed how we carried the momentum into OT. We may be old and beat up but I'll take that W. Looks like we ain't getting swept.

It's just one game but we flipped the switch. Hoping it stays on.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It better not be Tim Peel officiating the 2nd game. This was a really good game for the stretches where he just let them play. Unfortunately he ruined approximately half the game with his nonsense.

winit4pop

Apr 12, 2017
It was more like game management. Oilers were up 2 and the embellishing and soft calls started. Killing PPs takes you out of your game and changes the momentum. Softest call of the game was the slight tug on the gloves leading to the Sharks first goal. Was that really penalty worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad