Series Talk: WCQF: Colorado Avalanche vs Nashville Predators series thread | Avs win 4-0

Who wins

• Avs in 4

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Avs in 5

Votes: 97 43.1%
  • Avs in 6

Votes: 62 27.6%
  • Avs in 7

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Preds in 4

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Preds in 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Preds in 6

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Preds in 7

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This legit keeps me up at night. I think there's a reason for that statistic. The momentum you gain as a team from winning a decisive game 7 can't be underestimated. I'll be fervently hoping for STL to finish the series off at home tomorrow night because whoever we play I don't want them riding that high when they play us.

It doesn’t make any sense though.

Colorado ran Vegas out of the building in game one and then eventually lost the series. So clearly momentum has nothing to do with it.

Health, health, health. That’s what matters. No injuries to key players and the Avs will have a great chance.

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Weird that apparently we were more dominant in game 4 than games 1 and 3 even though I think the eye test would say different:

Game 1 is only close in those metrics because the Avs coasted for the last 2 periods after building an early 5-0 lead. When the score was close they poured it on which is why game 2 looks like the most dominant game despite it going to OT.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
One thing I really noticed this series is that after game 1, the Preds quit trying to use their physicality to throw the Avs off their game because the Avs gave it back and it didn't phase them. It was still a physical series but the Avs in years past would have wilted under that kind of game. Sakic built this team so much better to handle teams like that.

Destroying them on the PP made a huge difference as well. Nashville's players were noticeably very wary of taking penalties in game 4 after conceding 4 PP goals in game 3. It meant that they couldn't rely on using physicality to build momentum.

Special teams overall were fantastic this series. The PK was very impressive in game 4 especially, not giving up even 1 shot and never allowing Nashville clean zone entries. Lehkonen, Sturm, Nichuskin, and Helm have all been excellent on the PK especially.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
So if STL was smart they will allow a Game 7 and then beat the Wild or if the WIld force a Game 7 and then beat the Blues they will beat the Avs. Either way the Avs are losing the next round. Trust the science.

We will get 4 more games and then look forward to the draft.

I literally don’t even have to look who the poster is to know who’s posting. Well done. Way to stay on brand. Your unwavering dedication to your craft is very admirable.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

Colorado ran Vegas out of the building in game one and then eventually lost the series. So clearly momentum has nothing to do with it.

Health, health, health. That’s what matters. No injuries to key players and the Avs will have a great chance.
Health, and not having JTC as the 2C.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I really hope Nathan, Cale, Landy and Mikko all remember last season and look to change that narrative. When other teams are chirping you about not getting out the second round its not good. Take that and use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad