Series Talk: WCQF: Colorado Avalanche vs Nashville Predators series thread | Avs win 4-0

Who wins

• Avs in 4

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Avs in 5

Votes: 97 43.1%
  • Avs in 6

Votes: 62 27.6%
  • Avs in 7

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Preds in 4

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Preds in 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Preds in 6

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Preds in 7

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Filip Forsberg did nothing in the series. Looking for a massive payday after a career regular season. It will end up being a garbage contract imo.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
That is his secret weapon. Our opponents are lulled into thinking he's doing nothing while putting up points out of thin air.

Rants most engaged play last night was with Landy back on the top line.
I've been the biggest proponent here of breaking up 9296. But it was incredibly clear that Mikko liked having the band back together. If Burky is starting one of his point streaks, its time to go:

Nuke - Kadri - Burky ( that line always seems to work well)
Lehki- Compher - NAK / LOC
Helm - Sturm - LOC / Cogs / Newhook

Cogs / Newhook / LOC / MacDermid as depth

All that said, I am not at all against rolling something like Nuke - Kadri - Lehki or Nuke - Compher - Lehki against an opponent's top line to wreak havoc, allowing 9296 to feast. That might even be possible with Lehki - Sturm - LOC, leaving the Kadri line intact.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I've been the biggest proponent here of breaking up 9296. But it was incredibly clear that Mikko liked having the band back together. If Burky is starting one of his point streaks, its time to go:

Nuke - Kadri - Burky ( that line always seems to work well)
Lehki- Compher - NAK / LOC
Helm - Sturm - LOC / Cogs / Newhook

Cogs / Newhook / LOC / MacDermid as depth

All that said, I am not at all against rolling something like Nuke - Kadri - Lehki or Nuke - Compher - Lehki against an opponent's top line to wreak havoc, allowing 9296 to feast. That might even be possible with Lehki - Sturm - LOC, leaving the Kadri line intact.
I'm not sure if Rants liked having the band together, or he didn't want to be shown up by a Swede.

Both Nuke and Bura scored last night, coming up big in an elimination game in the other team's building, I like the idea of reuniting them with Kadri.

With Lehkonen on the 3rd line, Newhook can play and fortify PP2.

Reactions: The Moops

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Looking like St Louis second round again, can't see Minnesota winning 2 out of the last 3 with two on the road.

Umm...this is Game 5. Minnesota would need 2 out of the last 2: Game 6 on road in St Louis and then Game 7 is back in Minnesota.

Reactions: Balthazar

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Dutch did the team a huge favor with his trade demand.
Yeah...beyond the return that we got which obviously was pretty great and the cap flexibility not having his contract gives us, he just isn't a type of player that will succeed in Bednar's system. I also question whether he can succeed in any playoff atmosphere. I watched him a lot in particular that last game and his floating was horrible. In both zones too. There'd be a puck that could easily be contested and he'd just watch and wait. He had no extra motor to get to dirty areas and just seemed at 50% speed the whole game. His game lives and dies off of other players creating for him.

Sucks to some degree...he used to be my favorite player and really got me back into the Avs as an adult (was in college when we drafted him). I think the biggest thing that separates him from being an elite player is a consistent motor and the drive to win/make his team compete. IQ is an issue to some degree too but the big difference is motor in my opinion. Watching Mack, Landy, Makar compete is just levels different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad