Who wins and in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Surprised so many people in here writing off the Stars so easily. We've had a really tough time playing against them, especially when Khudobin is in net. I think this series goes long and could end up going either way.

Reactions: Sensators

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I force myself to pick a sweep every 1st round, so I picked this one. Nashville in 4, despite my better judgement.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I think Predators are the slight favourites, but this is practically a complete coin flip. This should be a very low scoring series. 1-0 and 2-1 scores.

Comes down to who blinks first. I think the Preds have the better defensive material and they get it done, in a very close series. But I'm just as likely to be wrong.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
On one hand, I love watching the playoff games in Nashville. On the other hand, I really wish Dallas had drawn one of the other teams they could've faced because Nashville is the only one they didn't have a winning record against this season.
I also think the Stars would prevail against the Flames. But Preds defense is really going to give them a hard time. Definitely not a good fit for a team already struggling to score.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Has the potential to be like Blues-Kings back in 2014 with a bunch of 2-1, 1-0 games. Awful series looking back on it. Predators in 6.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The very first battle for the country music cup.

Not a bad idea to help stoke a rivalry. Hockey (sadly) needs this kind of schmaltz for promotional purposes. Maybe a trade of Dolly Parton for Willie Nelson (or Kelly Clarkson?) or something between the mayor's would be fun. Yes, Willie is Austin, but still works in general.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Bishop was a monster down the stretch when he played

Dobby had two wins in Nashville but no way he starts game 1.

I had no clue how nuts Bishop was down the stretch. Wow. Pretty much helped push them over the finish line himself with that kind of performance. The bigger problem is, maintaining that level of performance is borderline impossible for even the best goaltenders. If you're going to need elite-level Bishop to beat Nashville (and you will), then you better hope that the come-down either doesn't arrive yet or that the skaters can absorb it enough to get by.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Battle of the Bible Belt :)

I can see this one going to 7. I watched a Stars/Predators game this year and the Stars played the Preds pretty tough.

That said I'm going with the home ice advantage here. Preds pull it out in 7.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Stars in six. I have a feeling they're going to continue to be extremely hard to score on and Zuccarello is going to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad