WCQF - 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 4 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:00pm PT(LA leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I hate Todd, dude under performed for years with top notch Sharks rosters. Sadly its on the players to figure it out themselves, but if korpi can hold it together maybe it will be enough to dodge a few pk bullets.

As a Kings fan, I’m ready for his tenure to be over.
He’s too stubborn to make proper adjustments.

One thing is, no lead is safe.
Kings will need a better game from Korpi…the Oilers found his weak spot.

Good. 2 wins in a row and blowout wins. Get this trash 1-3-1 team out of the playoffs.

It’s your bedtime

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
No.

Edmonton want to whine about reffing all series, claim the league is out against them, and brings up the Kings record when a certain ref has been officiating as if to suggest there's a grand conspiracy against them?

They can hear about conspiracy theories for a bit.
Keep up the whinging. Its a good look.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
As a Kings fan, I’m ready for his tenure to be over.
He’s too stubborn to make proper adjustments.

One thing is, no lead is safe.
Kings will need a better game from Korpi…the Oilers found his weak spot.

It’s your bedtime

I think he's a solid coach to build up a team and get them ready to regularly be in contention, but he simply doesn't make any adjustments to get them over the top. Not often you see a coach fired after making the playoffs though.

Reactions: Play and MessierII

Underdogoil

Jan 17, 2018
To be fair to him he’s being asked to play insane minutes against good players right now and get it going for his team offensively. I think he’s played well. The kings D is starting to crack though. Oilers are getting it behind them and forechecking hard.

Turcotte has been a huge disappointment. Seemed like a guy with a high floor I’m surprised.
Doughty starting to look like a over worked Nurse last year

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Man the Kings 3rd line is damn good. Match up nightmare for anyone really. Series can go either way. The oil didn't deserve to win game 4 imo

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Man the Kings 3rd line is damn good. Match up nightmare for anyone really. Series can go either way. The oil didn't deserve to win game 4 imo

This was the game that I thought the Kings looked the most dangerous in, and makes sense with Fiala back. It's been a weird series though with regards to having a lead.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know about that. Felt like a pretty even game that the Oilers let get away from them with some soft defending and goaltending in the first period (Nurse, Desharnais, and Skinner being the main culprits). Oilers had their chances and had a couple posts that beat Korpisalo clean and a grade A chance for Kane that he should have been able to elevate over Korpisalo's pad on the Draisaitl steal. Definitely didn't feel like a 3-0 game after 1.

It has been a great series so far.

Reactions: Underdogoil

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I don't know about that. Felt like a pretty even game that the Oilers let get away from them with some soft defending and goaltending in the first period (Nurse, Desharnais, and Skinner being the main culprits). Oilers had their chances and had a couple posts that beat Korpisalo clean and a grade A chance for Kane that he should have been able to elevate over Korpisalo's pad on the Draisaitl steal. Definitely didn't feel like a 3-0 game after 1.

It has been a great series so far.

If Arvy elevated his breakaway opportunity it would have been a dagger and a 5-3 lead with 4 mins left instead Oilers tied it up 1 minute later . Has been a great series though . Id say best series by far tbh

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Every Kings player thats been interviewed and Tmac have given respect to Edmonton after every game. But hey i like that Woodcroft is being a moron because it’ll light a fire under Kings ass for next game .
It's gamesmanship for McLellan. Sutter does it, Hitchcock did it. Talk up the other teams to make them complacent, motivate your guys. Woodcroft is being pretty balanced imo. I don't get what he said that was so bad besides quiet confidence, "our team could be better." Even when he tried his best to not call out the refs, he just said he trusts McDavid. No bulletin board material here despite you looking for it.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
It's gamesmanship for McLellan. Sutter does it, Hitchcock did it. Talk up the other teams to make them complacent, motivate your guys. Woodcroft is being pretty balanced imo. I don't get what he said that was so bad besides quiet confidence, "our team could be better." Even when he tried his best to not call out the refs, he just said he trusts McDavid. No bulletin board material here despite you looking for it.
Talking about todays presser not last game

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If Arvy elevated his breakaway opportunity it would have been a dagger and a 5-3 lead with 4 mins left instead Oilers tied it up 1 minute later . Has been a great series though . Id say best series by far tbh
True, but not many players can elevate that on a quick backhand move, in fact I'm not sure elevating the puck there was really even possible at that speed and in that close. He was pretty much relying on freezing Campbell with the fake shot and tucking it around his skate. Kane's shot was forehand with a lot of time and he looked like he just fanned on it trying to one-time it.

I agree though great series and probably the closest played game in the series tonight. Both teams had long periods of dominant play.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Duder54

If we learned anything from last year, Kings vs Oilers is a 7 game series. The level of vitriol on these boards are disgusting. I wish my fellow Oilers fans were more graceful. The Kings have a good team, they battle hard. McLellan is evidently a better coach than Oilers fans gave him credit for too. I wouldnt be shocked if Kings could win. It would be sad not to see more McDavid/Draisaitl though.
There are good fans and terrible fans on both sides. Unfortunately HF Boards is all too often an outlet for the lowest common denominators to spew their garbage.

Personally, I just hit “ignore” on the worst of them and go on with my day.

Reactions: fsanford

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If we learned anything from last year, Kings vs Oilers is a 7 game series. The level of vitriol on these boards are disgusting. I wish my fellow Oilers fans were more graceful. The Kings have a good team, they battle hard. McLellan is evidently a better coach than Oilers fans gave him credit for too. I wouldnt be shocked if Kings could win. It would be sad not to see more McDavid/Draisaitl though.

From my experience most Oilers fans have stated that the Kings are arguably one of their toughest matchups for round 1. It's other fans who said that the Oilers would annihilate the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad