WCQF - 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 4 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:00pm PT(LA leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kings fans are being incredibly harsh on Byfield on their board. Bunch of things being said like "he isn't skilled enough, isn't tough enough, should've played all year in the AHL, letting his team down, we shoulda drafted Stutzle instead."

I mean, fine...none of those are really hot takes or anything, but like, logically they should be directing thay animosity toward Turcotte, lol. At least Byfield is on the team. Think of all the impact players you coulda had instead of literal bust Turcotte.
Well if you watched him most the year you would see a guy ready to breakout. Then he would disappear again, only to reappear giving fans a taste of what could be.

He is still young. Has dealt with injuries that set him back. Kid has great vision, but needs to work on his shot. Other tools are there. Also if he chooses to use his frame to protect the puck he can play keep away. You see it in a couple of games and then it goes dormant for a 19 game stretch.

Turcotte has had a ton of 🤕 been concussed several times. Set him back a lot

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I guess is that quote is what makes you think this.

We can also say this

LA loses = LA fans mad
LA wins = LA fans still mad
We're mad at the Kings, considerably they have often shown the capacity to lose focus and blow leads.

Want to dig through the past week of **** coming out of Oilers' fans mouths? The research of the Kings' record when a ref is officiating, because a chunk of Oilers fans think they're playing 5 vs 9 out there?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I don't understand how it's possible that the Kings trap better down 2-0 than they do up 3-0. The fact that the Oilers are blowing leads to a team that's not sending a forechecker and lining up 1-3-1 in the neutral zone when the Oilers are winning, yet conversely coming back in games when they're trailing is some twilight zone shit. That's not how the trap is supposed to work. Jacques Lemaire is rolling in his grave.

edit: I've just been informed that Jaqcues Lemaire is still alive, mb.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Who is saying this? I like your comedic input on these boards but not a fan of bullshit like this
I could’ve sworn I saw a few comments right when the Oilers scored in OT one saying bye bye kings and another series over, but given the response to my post I must’ve read wrong as I was skimming through, my bad. I appreciate the compliment though, thank you

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Kings fans are being incredibly harsh on Byfield on their board. Bunch of things being said like "he isn't skilled enough, isn't tough enough, should've played all year in the AHL, letting his team down, we shoulda drafted Stutzle instead."

I mean, fine...none of those are really hot takes or anything, but like, logically they should be directing thay animosity toward Turcotte, lol. At least Byfield is on the team. Think of all the impact players you coulda had instead of literal bust Turcotte.
He is a bust, as a Oilers fan I noticed him like once this whole series.

Reactions: Underdogoil

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Never mind that he said at least twice that none expected anything but a long series because it's two good teams and he mentioned LA playing tight D. Not sure where that tweet is coming from.
it's coming from hoven's inflated sense of self importance and his love for drama

there's a few guys on the kings board who see his tweets as gospel but the majority see him as an egotistical blowhard

since ontario was eliminated, the black aces were starting to form and he tweets "..and so it begins" or some nonsense

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
I could’ve sworn I saw a few comments right when the Oilers scored in OT one saying bye bye kings and another series over, but given the response to my post I must’ve read wrong as I was skimming through, my bad. I appreciate the compliment though, thank you
You can read one right here. This was a statement game and the Kings are done. They got outplayed in every single game and have been lucky to win any, the Oilers will win the next two and easy. Next game will be a 6+ goal win. Book it.

Well if you watched him most the year you would see a guy ready to breakout. Then he would disappear again, only to reappear giving fans a taste of what could be.

He is still young. Has dealt with injuries that set him back. Kid has great vision, but needs to work on his shot. Other tools are there. Also if he chooses to use his frame to protect the puck he can play keep away. You see it in a couple of games and then it goes dormant for a 19 game stretch.

Turcotte has had a ton of 🤕 been concussed several times. Set him back a lot
Break out into the AHL maybe. Terrible hockey IQ, terrible shot, terrible vision. Just a bad player who used his massive Physical advantage over CHL players.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
You can read one right here. This was a statement game and the Kings are done. They got outplayed in every single game and have been lucky to win any, the Oilers will win the next two and easy. Next game will be a 6+ goal win. Book it.

Break out into the AHL maybe. Terrible hockey IQ, terrible shot, terrible vision. Just a bad player who used his massive Physical advantage over CHL players.
Lol

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Todd knows what it is, he’s been getting lots of penalties going his way this series so far and he knows they were due for their turn.

I think Kings get jobbed in the officiating department in the back half of this series. By the time we get to game 7 the penalty differential will be within 1 either way and I’m gonna bet in the end Oilers end up the beneficiaries of some questionable officiating.
Its certainly possible but for that to happen the Kings need a PK solution like... tomorrow. Their PK is getting chopped up and run over. With how well Korpisalo played at 5on5 the first three games, we probably get swept without our PP at 54%.

Kings have a 46% PK... Todd needs to get off his ass and figure something out. Obviously I hope he doesnt but there's something wrong if you're four games in and people are ready to leave the building when we get an OT powerplay because we are 100% on the pp in the game...and were 66% last game

Reactions: Shellz

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
So with neither team able to hold a multi-goal lead... who blinks first in game 5 and just scores 2 on themselves to get that out of the way?

Reactions: Dieseloil

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

bookmarked this post

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

What is this nonsense. Have we played better? Yeah probably, but its the playoffs. Best playing team doesn't always win. Asking for some bad karma here.

If watching this kings teams hasn't deterred you from thinking anything is easy im not sure what to tell you. I wish I had your confidence... but I also wouldn't be shouting this kind of junk from the rooftops in a .... 2-2 series lmao.

Unfortunately that’s not going to happen. It will be the reason why we lose the series and the fact that he can’t any kind of lead in game or series. History always repeats itself.
I hate Todd, dude under performed for years with top notch Sharks rosters. Sadly its on the players to figure it out themselves, but if korpi can hold it together maybe it will be enough to dodge a few pk bullets.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Bad karma dude. You do know that right ?

Reactions: North Cole

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Its certainly possible but for that to happen the Kings need a PK solution like... tomorrow. Their PK is getting chopped up and run over. With how well Korpisalo played at 5on5 the first three games, we probably get swept without our PP at 54%.

Kings have a 46% PK... Todd needs to get off his ass and figure something out. Obviously I hope he doesnt but there's something wrong if you're four games in and people are ready to leave the building when we get an OT powerplay because we are 100% on the pp in the game...and were 66% last game

This happen?? Or just hyperbole?

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
You kiddin' me? Oilers scored 5 of the last 7 goals of this series. They've found their game. This puppy's over in six games.
Normally I would favor the Oilers but with the Kings getting healthy, I think this is anybody's series....I certainly wouldn't say this is going to be easy for either squad....this is a 7 game series.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This happen?? Or just hyperbole?
Hyperbole sort of. There were a decent number of comments on here that it was over when we got our PP, which i do sympathize with. I feel like that when LA gets a pp and I imagine the clenching is far worse for them when we get one.

Reactions: snag

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
If we learned anything from last year, Kings vs Oilers is a 7 game series. The level of vitriol on these boards are disgusting. I wish my fellow Oilers fans were more graceful. The Kings have a good team, they battle hard. McLellan is evidently a better coach than Oilers fans gave him credit for too. I wouldnt be shocked if Kings could win. It would be sad not to see more McDavid/Draisaitl though.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm glad it didn't end on the PP again. History was repeating itself a little too much.

If we learned anything from last year, Kings vs Oilers is a 7 game series. The level of vitriol on these boards are disgusting. I wish my fellow Oilers fans were more graceful. The Kings have a good team, they battle hard. McLellan is evidently a better coach than Oilers fans gave him credit for too. I wouldnt be shocked if Kings could win. It would be sad not to see more McDavid/Draisaitl though.

Absolutely. And if Edmonton does come out on top, unfortunately we're going to hear the same "it's only the Kings" from people out East that don't get to watch their games in order to downplay the victory.

Edmonton came into the playoffs on a roll, but LA also was right on their heels and made some fantastic trade deadline additions. These are 2 very evenly matched teams.

Reactions: Oildrop99

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nice to see some cracks show up in Korpisalo’s armour tonight. He’d been annoyingly good through the first three games and was a huge reason the Kings were up prior to today.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad