WCQF - 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals game 4 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:00pm PT(LA leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
People saying Doughty had a good game make me wonder what series they're watching.

Blew a wheel on the 3-2 goal. Out of position on the 3-3 goal. Awful on the OT goal.
I think hes been absolutely amazing.

No bias towards the Oilers at all.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Kings fans are being incredibly harsh on Byfield on their board. Bunch of things being said like "he isn't skilled enough, isn't tough enough, should've played all year in the AHL, letting his team down, we shoulda drafted Stutzle instead."

I mean, fine...none of those are really hot takes or anything, but like, logically they should be directing thay animosity toward Turcotte, lol. At least Byfield is on the team. Think of all the impact players you coulda had instead of literal bust Turcotte.

Reactions: MessierII

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
People saying Doughty had a good game make me wonder what series they're watching.

Blew a wheel on the 3-2 goal. Out of position on the 3-3 goal. Awful on the OT goal.
To be fair to him he’s being asked to play insane minutes against good players right now and get it going for his team offensively. I think he’s played well. The kings D is starting to crack though. Oilers are getting it behind them and forechecking hard.

Kings fans are being incredibly harsh on Byfield on their board. Bunch of things being said like "he isn't skilled enough, isn't tough enough, should've played all year in the AHL, letting his team down, we shoulda drafted Stutzle instead."

I mean, fine...none of those are really hot takes or anything, but like, logically they should be directing thay animosity toward Turcotte, lol. At least Byfield is on the team. Think of all the impact players you coulda had instead of literal bust Turcotte.
Turcotte has been a huge disappointment. Seemed like a guy with a high floor I’m surprised.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
To be fair to him he’s being asked to play insane minutes against good players right now and get it going for his team offensively. I think he’s played well. The kings D is starting to crack though. Oilers are getting it behind them and forechecking hard.

Turcotte has been a huge disappointment. Seemed like a guy with a high floor I’m surprised.
Turcotte has pretty much been under some kind of medical care since he was drafted. Guy has had several significant injuries. Cannot catch a break.
Hopefully like Vilardi he can be injury free and show what he can do.

Reactions: MessierII

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

I think Turcotte’s had some serious concussion issues if I’m not mistaken.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Looks as thought the Oil have figured out Korpisalo....

They were beating him high all night and if it wasn't for the goal posts they would of had 7 or 8 on him tonight.....

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

I mean they definitely should've drafted Stutzle but every team has guys on their roster like that. He's not ready but like you said he's probably still the best option. I don't know if he should be playing as much as he has been I guess.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
It was a good one. Complaining over 3 penalties called against a team is laughable. If the PPs were something stupid like 7-2 then this might be a valid complaint.
So you still think the NHL has some big ol conspiracy theory to prevent the oilers from winning a SC?
Or does your fanbase finally realize that officiating in the NHL stinks to high heavens in general and they are not out to get a single team?

Because thats what we are getting at here

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks and lopper

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So you still think the NHL has some big ol conspiracy theory to prevent the oilers from winning a SC?
Or does your fanbase finally realize that officiating in the NHL stinks in general and they are not out to get a single team?
Do you always generalize a fan base and project that onto the person you're talking to?

No I don't think there's some conspiracy in the NHL against the Oilers or Canada. I do think NHL officiating is awful. I do think game management exists and influences when and who they call penalties against. I also do think officiating in this series has been soft as shit with way too many ticky tack calls. Tonight was the first night I thought they actually let meaningless infractions go for most of the game and let the players just play. I'm on record saying I don't think they should call penalties in the playoffs if they don't actually influence scoring chances unless they're some kind of blatant play that can cause an injury (i.e. boarding, high stick, dangerous slashes, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad