MIN-STL 10-9
CGY-ANA 13-11
SJ-EDM 22-12
#NHLPlayoffs

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

The Oilers were never an undisciplined team prior to this series. They have almost as many penalties as the entire Anaheim/Calgary series, two teams known for lack of discipline. Figure that out.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

The Oilers were never an undisciplined team prior to this series. They have almost as many penalties as the entire Anaheim/Calgary series, two teams known for lack of discipline. Figure that out.

They've been undisciplined in this series. It's not hard to figure it out.

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose

The Oilers have been the most undisciplined team in the playoffs this season. Hands down. It's not even close...

Only Edmonton fans see it otherwise.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They've been undisciplined in this series. It's not hard to figure it out.

The Oilers have been the most undisciplined team in the playoffs this season. Hands down. It's not even close...

Only Edmonton fans see it otherwise.

Not 5 PPs against a game undisciplined.

Seriously that Kassian "penalty" was jaw-droppingly stupid by the officials. There have been a number of questionable penalties and wild inconsistencies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Seriously that Kassian "penalty" was jaw-droppingly stupid by the officials. There have been a number of questionable penalties and wild inconsistencies.

Considering they averaged 9 minutes a game in the regular season. Yes 5 pp's a game undisciplined.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Yeah, I'd say they've taken it easy on the Oilers given how they've been running around this series. They've missed a couple slewfoot calls, a couple charging penalties, numerous interference but that goes both ways, and a couple high-sticks but that's also gone both ways.

niel094

Jan 13, 2011
I've known Sharks as divers since Couture and Thornton have been on the team, I've watched a lot of non Oilers hockey since the dark days

You haven't seen Meier dive? You clearly haven't watched San Jose play!

I'd rather dive to make the playoffs rather than not make the playoffs for 10 years

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose

LOL. Yes 5 PP's a game undisciplined.

Actually, probably more like 8-10 PP's a game.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I think Oilers need to win the next 2 games. If it goes 7 I like the classic scenario of the experienced road team prevailing. Went through it as a Raptors fan against Nets

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah, I'd say they've taken it easy on the Oilers given how they've been running around this series. They've missed a couple slewfoot calls, a couple charging penalties, numerous interference but that goes both ways, and a couple high-sticks but that's also gone both ways.

Pretty sure San Jose harks dont play field hockey... there is contact in NHL... the "running around" is part of the game and makes a player millions. Its called hustle and grit

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Oilers need to win the next 2 games. If it goes 7 I like the classic scenario of the experienced road team prevailing. Went through it as a Raptors fan against Nets

A playoff game 7 would be a great experience for the young Oilers win or lose.

Beyond that Vince Carter was never as good at basketball as Connor McDavid is at hockey (he's closer to LeBron James) and the Raptors lost their Draisiatl (Tracy McGrady) by then too, they were never gonna win nada with Morris Peterson and Vince Carter versus Kobe + Shaq in the Finals if they even managed to somehow fluke out and get there.

People forget so quickly that Crosby + Malkin in their first playoffs lost in 5 games to the Senators.

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017

The fact the sharks are in there at about the same as all the other teams (10-13 range) seems to speak to a lack of discipline in the oilers during this series than some fix by the refs.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Considering they averaged 9 minutes a game in the regular season. Yes 5 pp's a game undisciplined.

Geez, it is not like the Oilers are the Flames or Ducks :P They own pretty much every penalty stat

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The fact the sharks are in there at about the same as all the other teams (10-13 range) seems to speak to a lack of discipline in the oilers during this series than some fix by the refs.

I don't think the Oilers have been so much chippier than other playoff teams to warrant SJ being given almost double the amount of PPs as virtually every other team in the playoffs though. I will say that, and I haven't really been one to harp on the refs.

There's nothing going on in the Oilers/Sharks series that isn't happening in the Ducks/Flames or Jackets/Pens series' from what I'm seeing, yet there seems to be a ton more penalty calls in this series for whatever reason. Sharks have more PPs in this series than both teams combined in several other series', lol.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Lack of discipline by Oil... refs falling for veteran flop jobs...each to its own..

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think the Oilers have been so much chippier than other playoff teams to warrant SJ being given almost double the amount of PPs as virtually every other team in the playoffs though. I will say that, and I haven't really been one to harp on the refs.

There's nothing going on in the Oilers/Sharks series that isn't happening in the Ducks/Flames or Jackets/Pens series' from what I'm seeing.

Its the dives bruhh..tis the dives

snag

Feb 22, 2014

both sides are looking at it through whatever coloured glasses they chose to wear. Stupid to argue it so long as you got a dog in the race...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce