WCQF: (2) Edmonton Oilers vs. (3) San Jose Sharks | Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
What a gutless lineup SJ dresses gets pushed around to the very end where at the buzzer Kassion pushed a couple Shark players who did nothing. Love watching Edmonton taking nonstop runs and roughing up that team

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
What a gutless lineup SJ dresses gets pushed around to the very end where at the buzzer Kassion pushed a couple Shark players who did nothing. Love watching Edmonton taking nonstop runs and roughing up that team

Shh you're going to upset people talking about things that took place like they are some sort of facts!

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
There's a difference between hitting a guy and jumping at his head, like Kassian did.

He rolled over Couture. It had a lot to do with Couture crumpling in an attempt to avoid more pain that breathing apparently causes him.

Now Haley will be in the line up because he's the only one who will respond to this garbage.

Sounds good to me. I'll take the roster downgrade and DeBoer sending a message to his players that he thinks they are soft.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Let me guess... a LA fan? Or Ducks?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Sharks with home ice heading home coming off one of their worst playoff performances in modern team history.

I'd say Jumbo draws in if he is able to go, after losing the game due to the terrible PP I don't see how he still sits if he is an option. If he doesn't draw in I'd say that's a sign he may actually be done for the season and is just playing a decoy role.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Much better game, still too many bad penalties though. Love the physicality but the first Maroon penalty was an especially bad one. The 2nd Maroon penalty looked like a BS call to me.

Oct 18, 2011
oiler fans getting too full of themselves, the sharks got a split and Joe will be back and he can change the series.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Sharks with home ice heading home coming off one of their worst playoff performances in modern team history.

I'd say Jumbo draws in if he is able to go, after losing the game due to the terrible PP I don't see how he still sits if he is an option. If he doesn't draw in I'd say that's a sign he may actually be done for the reason and is just playing a decoy role.

I hope he plays...

I don't think he can skate with the average peewee players game pace right now, judging from the tape of him practicing this morning.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
With Thornton out and Couture playing with a broken face, that San Jose lineup likes like a shell of the one that made it to the SCF against the Pens. Pavelski looks like a ghost without Thornton setting him up.

I mean, Edmonton was basically gift-wrapping the game for them with all those penalties. Instead, San Jose's offense looked anemic and Edmonton scored two shorthanded goals.

The only plus I've seen for San Jose is the Braun/Vlasic pairing has limited McDavid somewhat in this series. Zero points at even strength in two games is pretty good. That's about their only saving grace from what I've seen.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Crazy how different the two games were.

First game (after the first period) the Sharks ran all over the Oilers. Completely dominated on the forecheck and down low. Tonight the Oilers were just a force. Absolutely relentless all game. Sharks never could set up.

Very interested in seeing game 3!

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
But then how will score all them shorties??

Its pretty much the only time someone is not attached to McDavid's hip.

i expect more problems for the sharks.

apparently wilson went over the officials heads and filed grievance on kassians hit on that no name blueliner.

so...refs love that stuff

i suspect every time mcdavid is touched or breathed on the officials will call a penalty.

officials always win. they will see the sharks out of the playoffs in quick order.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
So some people focus on a hit tonight! Oilers outbodied and runned over the sharks tonight, pk ed 12 minutes and sharks managed 16 shots all night!

Lets move on , new game and sharks will not be that lame next game!

Great serie to watch!

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
It takes a good amount of toughness to get hit a lot. I read that in the old thread. :laugh:

Ya something ridiculous like that. I bet professional boxers use lines like that all the time after getting their head knocked off. "The tougher guy takes the most punches!"

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Gotta give props to Jones... he played incredibly well!

The Oilers speed tonight was too much for the Sharks tonight. The Sharks simply can not match it... it's how the Pens beat them last year and it is whatthe Oilers should focus on for the remainder of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce