GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilgoretrout

Nov 16, 2011
I mostly agree with you, but I think that 3rd line would look better if it were:

Dan Cleary-Daniel Cleary-Danny Cleary

It just seems more balanced. Realgud line.

Yeah, that would give us three snipers on one line. All three are very skilled when it comes to bouncing goals off of their chests. It takes a real hockey player to play with such confidence...I mean coincidence.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
From Khan:

Wings on ice for morning skate at Honda Center. Bertuzzi skating on 4th line with Emmerton. Eaves and Tootoo rotating at other wing.

Wings skating with these lines: 40-13-8, 93-51-11, 14-63-24, 17/22-25-44.

Power play units remain same in practice: 40-13-93, 55-24 on 1st unit; 14-51-11, 4-27 on 2nd unit

Looks like Bert might be in tonight. PP units need to chance ASAP IMO, Brunner is a liability on the point and any unit with both Dan Cleary and KFQ on it is a joke.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Looks like Bert might be in tonight. PP units need to chance ASAP IMO, Brunner is a liability on the point and any unit with both Dan Cleary and KFQ on it is a joke.

Of course we rotate Tootoo/Eaves, guys who have been hot and threatening on the fourth line, while Cleary is secure in his second line/PP position.

And yeah, why the hell is Quincey on the PP? He has shown me nothing in terms of offense. Which is something that Babcock apparently values so highly he'd rather have Brunner on the point than Smith or Kindl (on the first unit anyway).

His moves are honestly baffling sometimes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Babcock said Bertuzzi is playing. Samuelsson will be in warmup before they decide if he plays

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Bertuzzi will play with Emmerton and Eaves. Tootoo out

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 45 s
Babcock said the reason Samuelsson is possible for tonight is that someone is hurting and not be able to play.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Happy to see Bert in. I was expecting Tootoo scratched after last game.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive
Babcock said the reason Samuelsson is possible for tonight is that someone is hurting and not be able to play.

I thought Mule took (too) short shifts last game. Really hope it's not him.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
I am really, really happy to see Bertuzzi play. I think we need him against a team like the Ducks.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Surprised people are surprised about a Tootoo scratch. This is Babcock's MO this year.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Unfortunately I think it's Franzen or someone else really important. They don't usually with-hold the name unless it's someone important, IIRC the last time someone un-named wasn't feeling 100% Pavel sat out a game.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
First of all I'd like to point out that your evidence for your "large majority", or even Syckle78's generous offer of "slight majority" are, in your own words, "a slight minority". You should've just admitted defeat, which is effectively what you did anyway, if only in a less honourable and honest way.

If only for my own curiosity's sake I still decided to look through both of those threads, though. You know how many I found saying we'd miss? Two people. Two people said or implied that we'd miss the playoffs. That's not even enough for your "slight minority"; I could cite more people who voiced their disagreement in the first link alone.

In short, I find your evidence not merely insufficient to make your claim but even to be in direct conflict with it. I believe the technical term for this is "shooting yourself with enough rope".

First of all, you should re-read I basically stated how I came about that evidence. A random page chosen to satisfy what was requested. Feel free to be a super sleuth and click all the pages you want, I'm willing to bet you will find plenty more results. So to sum up your post: proof of a "they" even exists, "a slight minority" is around. Proof is given. The response to this is, well that maybe proof but it's not good enough.

You take it upon yourself to look through those 2 threads provided and saw very little (which was all that was required). Why don't you look through other threads for yourself? Give a man a fish my friend.

I believe what you are now doing is called "moving the goal posts"

RedWingsNow*

First of all, you should re-read I basically stated how I came about that evidence. A random page chosen to satisfy what was requested. Feel free to be a super sleuth and click all the pages you want, I'm willing to bet you will find plenty more results. So to sum up your post: proof of a "they" even exists, "a slight minority" is around. Proof is given. The response to this is, well that maybe proof but it's not good enough.

You take it upon yourself to look through those 2 threads provided and saw very little (which was all that was required). Why don't you look through other threads for yourself? Give a man a fish my friend.

Rule number one when you're trapped in a hole.

Stop digging.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Samuelsson will be in, don't worry. Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi will surely put the Red Wings over the top! All this time we forgot about how the veteran presence is what really matters. Forget the fact that Bertuzzi hasn't played in a game for months and is walking with a cane.

Feel bad for Tootoo, seems like the guy genuinely loves being on the team but constantly gets **** on by Babcock

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
Samuelsson will be in, don't worry. Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi will surely put the Red Wings over the top! All this time we forgot about how the veteran presence is what really matters. Forget the fact that Bertuzzi hasn't played in a game for months and is walking with a cane.

Feel bad for Tootoo, seems like the guy genuinely loves being on the team but constantly gets **** on by Babcock

To be fair, he was scratched often last year under Trotz... including in the playoffs.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008

I wish Bert was taking Clearys spot (though he did play good in game 1)

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

:laugh:

Oh, brother.

What was requested of you was to backup your fanciful claim that "a large majority" here thought we'd miss or, failing that, that there was at least a slight majority who thought so. Two posters do not satisfy that request, and when the majority in both cases disagree with them, that goes against your claim.

It was never about whether some such person exist or not. That's you trying to move the goalposts when you realized your "large majority" could not be substantiated.

Finally, the reason I won't do your work for you is because it's not my claim, it's not my responsibility to prove it and, frankly, I do not think your majority exist in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad