GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
gdt_01.png
gdt_02.png

gdt_03.png
gdt_04.png

gdt_05.png
gdt_06.png

gdt_07.png
gdt_08.png

gdt_09.png
gdt_10.png

gdt_11.png
gdt_12.png

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Lines I would roll with knowing there's no way Cleary will sit and Tatar will play.

Bert-Dats-Gator
Flip-Mule-Z
Nyquist-Emmerton-Eaves
Cleary-Andersson-Brunner

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Lines I would roll with knowing there's no way Cleary will sit and Tatar will play.

Bert-Dats-Gator
Flip-Mule-Z
Nyquist-Emmerton-Eaves
Cleary-Andersson-Brunner

The goal of a hockey game is to score goals... These lines do not accomplish this goal... :shakehead

I would simply replace Cleary with Bert and see if Bert adds a little more puck possession to our game.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

Bert-Dats-Gator
Flip-Mule-Z
Nyquist-Emmerton-Eaves
Cleary-Andersson-Brunner

So to help Datsyuk against Anaheim's checking like that kept him chasing around in his own zone last game, you remove Z and replace him with an aging play with a questionable back who hasn't played in ages?

I don't know. I think you're best chance to score right now is to keep Pav and Z together.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
The goal of a hockey game is to score goals... These lines do not accomplish this goal... :shakehead

I would simply replace Cleary with Bert and see if Bert adds a little more puck possession to our game.

That would be nice but lets be realistic..Dan Cleary is not going to be sat unless injured at any point during the playoffs. I doubt its even a consideration in Babcock's mind. Especially not when he's scored 100% of our goals in this series.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
That would be nice but lets be realistic..Dan Cleary is not going to be sat unless injured at any point during the playoffs. I doubt its even a consideration in Babcock's mind. Especially not when he's scored 100% of our goals in this series.

That's fine... I'm just stating what I would do independent of Babcock- and he is mulling over his options. Let's not kid ourselves.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
LGRW!! Getting the split in Anaheim would be huge, need to come out much hungrier for this game than they did in the last. Hopefully the D can settle down now that the 1st game is out of the way, really hoping for big games from our big 3 forwards.

Also, from St James earlier today

#RedWings coach Mike Babcock said he'd sleep on whether he'd make any lineup changes, but didn't sound like he was going to make any.

“@wojo48051: @HeleneStJames #Redwings going to add bert to the lineup tomorrow??”/ about as likely as it snowing here

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

I guarantee if you put Bert in he will play like his hair is on fire. Don't you remember some of the stretches he's played with Datsyuk and been awesome? It's never lasted for long. But he will play his heart out. He wants to win the Cup. He won't be half-assing it out there. He'll skate hard and be a physical force. Dude can pass well and score.

Maybe Flip will pull his head out of his ass with Z and Mule to create space for him. Who knows, it's now or never for him.

3rd and 4th lines? Whatever. Maybe they'll surprise us. Emmerton, Eaves and Andersson are all playing pretty well.

I almost made it

Bert-Dats-Flip
Mule-Z-Gator/Nyquist/Brunner

both top 6's work for me.

I've always preferred havng Dats and Z on separate lines. Just my 2 cents.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
That's fine... I'm just stating what I would do independent of Babcock- and he is mulling over his options. Let's not kid ourselves.

I'm sure he is, but realistically Cleary isn't one of the options he's weighing. The only players that might be sat in favor or Bert are Tootoo, Eaves, Nyquist or Brunner.

I think the first 2 are the most realistic scratches if one is made. Based on Bab's comments today though I don't think any line-up changes will be made.

“Well, I think it’s great to have veterans that are ready to go,'' Babcock said. "I’ve been around the game a long time and understand that when a guy misses training camp … you know when the guy holds out from training camp and gets a new contract, you know how good he is that year? Why isn’t he very good? He missed training camp.

"So now if you haven’t played the whole year, I’ve got to hope that it’s going. I haven’t spent a whole lot of time feeding my family on hope. It’s usually on know.â€

Unless something changes overnight it doesn't sound like Babcock is leaning towards putting Bert back in the line-up

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Filppula - Cleary
Nyquist - Andersson - Brunner
Eaves - Emmerton - Tootoo

Just play better even strength and stay out of the box. There's no need to make drastic changes... yet.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
They can't afford to get behind 2 games. Heading home all tied up would be huge.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
They can't afford to get behind 2 games. Heading home all tied up would be huge.

Agreed. Need 3 goals and we win for sure.

I'm thinking put Dats with Flip. Just do it.

Oh and Cleary always looks like he's played 100+ games this year. His body is just done. GIVE ME TODDZILLA!

Babcock needs to stop being so stubborn.

Break up Dats and Z. If he wants to put em back together at home. Fine. Whatever. Away, it's to easy for the Ducks to match up against both of them.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Why is Brunner on the 4th line?

I would consider the 3rd and 4th line pretty much both playing about the same amount of TOI. I'm not a big fan of having Gus and Nyquist on the same line. I love their speed and creativity. Honestly, I'd like to see both Gus and Nyquist get a shift or two each a period in the top 6 to just shake things up and catch the Ducks off guard.

CloneHakanPlease*

4-2 Wings

Hudler x 3
Quincy (EN)

Ducks
Fowler
Getzlaf

I think the Wings either come back super strong and solve Hiller for a few in the 1st or completely fall apart in the 2nd. No middleground. I do think the Wing's A game is capable of beating what we saw last night though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I would consider the 3rd and 4th line pretty much both playing about the same amount of TOI. I'm not a big fan of having Gus and Nyquist on the same line. I love their speed and creativity. Honestly, I'd like to see both Gus and Nyquist get a shift or two each a period in the top 6 to just shake things up and catch the Ducks off guard.

Gus and Nyquist?
Are these two not the same player?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

I'd much rather we split up Pavel and Datsyuk. Having 2 magicians on separate lines would surely improve our offensive output. :sarcasm::laugh:

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I'd like to see Bertuzzi potentially play, maybe even replacing Tootoo. He would get sheltered minutes and if he plays great then move him up the lineup.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Wish we still had Hudler.

You are a brave one, admitting that. :laugh:

Most posters here still refuse to acknowledge that keeping Hudler was the correct move.

OT: Speaking of Hudler, he's slated as the #1C for the Czech WC team, between Tlusty and Voracek. Second line is Fleischmann/Hanzal/Vrbata.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I'd much rather we split up Pavel and Datsyuk. Having 2 magicians on separate lines would surely improve our offensive output. :sarcasm::laugh:

Assuming the same 12 forwards are used, the Wings should do this:

Abdelkader/Zetterberg/Franzen
Brunner/Datsyuk/Filppula
Nyquist/Emmerton/Eaves
Cleary/Andersson/Tootoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad