GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

My totally awesome idea that the Red Wings won't do

Flip Datsyuk Tatar
Cleary Zetterberg Brunner
Nyquist Franzen Cleary
Eaves Abdelkader Tootoo

Instead of two scoring lines and two crap lines
we have three scoring lines and a line with some actual physical ability

Could be accomplished without Tatar too...
Just throw in Eaves for Tatar, and then Andersson on Line 4.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
shoalzie made some nice ice cubes.

You are a brave one, admitting that. :laugh:

Most posters here still refuse to acknowledge that keeping Hudler was the correct move.

OT: Speaking of Hudler, he's slated as the #1C for the Czech WC team, between Tlusty and Voracek. Second line is Fleischmann/Hanzal/Vrbata.
i would rather have kept hudler also. especially since they just signed 2 games of samuelsson.

moveslikepavel

Apr 30, 2013

Flip Datsyuk Tatar
Nyquist Franzen Cleary
Eaves Abdelkader Tootoo

Yesterday it was cleary/gator/sober.i.swear on the third line, Today you want it completely different?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

Flip Datsyuk Tatar
Nyquist Franzen Cleary
Eaves Abdelkader Tootoo

Detroit doesn't have the depth to put their 3 best offensive players on 3 different lines IMO.

If their top 2 lines have trouble scoring, I don't see how diluting the talent even more helps.

I'm actually fine with Babcock's lineup at this point in time. I've simply come to expect Cleary as is.

RedWingsNow*

Detroit doesn't have the depth to put their 3 best offensive players on 3 different lines IMO.

If their top 2 lines have trouble scoring, I don't see how diluting the talent even more helps.

I'm actually fine with Babcock's lineup at this point in time. I've simply come to expect Cleary as is.

Sooner or later you get your matchup.
If D-Z hold the fort, that leaves Franzen + Nyquist + Cleary to go against one of their weak lines/weaker pairings.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
They need to spend some practice time on passing.

Find some ice and make yourself an option for your teammate with the puck.

Take a peek now and then to determine where your teammates are in case you get the puck and need to make a quick pass yourself to one of them.

I understand it's not that simple, especially with rookies in the playoffs, but geez it was ugly for stretches in game 1.

Babcock and the team leadership should also do what they can to inspire confidence. No need to get jumpy or panic with the puck. No need to force pucks through bad areas. Make the simple play and take a breath.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Sooner or later you get your matchup.
If D-Z hold the fort, that leaves Franzen + Nyquist + Cleary to go against one of their weak lines/weaker pairings.

Boudreau would throw Koivu unit out against Datsyuk and that would leave the Cleary-Z-Brunner line to play against the Getzlaf/Perry unit. That scares me a bit.

Eyeblink

The Authority
May 27, 2011
Wisconsin Dells, WI
I'm still confident even though the last game wasn't a great performance by the Wings. Split up Z and Pavs, don't let Flip play the center and we're good to go. Let's go Red Wings!!

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Gonna try to stay up for the first period of this one. Waking up at 6a ET + 10:10p ET puck drops = sad Wings fan. Need my 8 hours of beauty sleep.

LGRW!

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

Flip Datsyuk Tatar
Nyquist Franzen Cleary
Eaves Abdelkader Tootoo

Not sold on the top two lines. The Datsyuk line has, well, only Datsyuk to win battles and he appears to be playing injured. Fil is playing passive, like usual. Tatar would be overwhelmed against top pairing D in the playoffs. It's not a fair situation to throw a rookie into.

For the second line, I'm not sold on Brunner for the rest of the playoffs. I think he's just fried right now from too much hockey. Cleary is... Cleary. Z looked unremarkable last game. Since Z is pretty much a pass-only player these days, this line would need both Brunner and Cleary to do a lot, which is something neither has done lately. Not sure on this line's defensive ability right now.

I think both of those lines would result in more goals against and not necessarily more goals scored. They're a good idea for next season, but absolutely not next game.

RedWingsNow*

Tatar played in the World Championship.

He could handle Anaheim's defense. Tatar works fine in the corners.

All you need is for Datsyuk and Z to break even, and then you;ve got Franzen vs a weak line.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow
Like I've been saying -- PEOPLE are literally making up ********, ascribing that BS to "THEY" or "PEOPLE" or "LARGE MAJORITY" -- and then slamming fictional people for fake opinions
If they were slamming fictional people it'd be one thing.

"They actually think some of the real people here believe that crap.
I'm calling ********. Please point out where a large majority, hell ill settle for a slight majority, of posters said the Wings would miss the playoffs. " Syckle78

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1357813

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1355065

Wasn't to hard to just click a random page and find some proof. That is a slight minority and I'm sure I could find more.

Last game was exciting and intense, I hope they are little more settled with their passes, and would love to see a hitfest tonight. I still think we have this in 6

crashman

Flip Datsyuk Tatar
Nyquist Franzen Cleary
Eaves Abdelkader Tootoo

I thought you hated Cleary? and you want him playing double shifts? :sarcasm:

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Cleary Datsyuk Cleary
Cleary Zetterberg Cleary
Cleary Franzen Cleary
Cleary Abdelkader Cleary

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Cleary Datsyuk Cleary
Cleary Zetterberg Cleary
Cleary Franzen Cleary
Cleary Abdelkader Cleary

BABCOCK.jpg

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
If we have another quiet night offensivley I think its time to give Bertuzzi a shot ... regardless of Babs skepticism of his readiness. End of the day hes a 230lb body that can dangle and score and wont be pushed around by anyone on the Ducks.

Franzen Zetterberg Nyquist
Bertuzzi Dats Filp
Adbelkader Anderson Brunner
Cleary Emmerton Tootoo

crashman

Cleary Datsyuk Cleary
Cleary Zetterberg Cleary
Cleary Franzen Cleary
Cleary Abdelkader Cleary

I mostly agree with you, but I think that 3rd line would look better if it were:

Dan Cleary-Daniel Cleary-Danny Cleary

It just seems more balanced. Realgud line.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Things I'd like to see in this game
  • Kronwall step up and deliver a good hit
  • Tootoo to stay out of the box
  • Dats to stop falling down
  • Our D to make better outlet passes
  • Win key faceoffs

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow
Like I've been saying -- PEOPLE are literally making up ********, ascribing that BS to "THEY" or "PEOPLE" or "LARGE MAJORITY" -- and then slamming fictional people for fake opinions
If they were slamming fictional people it'd be one thing.

"They actually think some of the real people here believe that crap.
I'm calling ********. Please point out where a large majority, hell ill settle for a slight majority, of posters said the Wings would miss the playoffs. " Syckle78

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1357813

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1355065

Wasn't to hard to just click a random page and find some proof. That is a slight minority and I'm sure I could find more.

Last game was exciting and intense, I hope they are little more settled with their passes, and would love to see a hitfest tonight. I still think we have this in 6

First of all I'd like to point out that your evidence for your "large majority", or even Syckle78's generous offer of "slight majority" are, in your own words, "a slight minority". You should've just admitted defeat, which is effectively what you did anyway, if only in a less honourable and honest way.

If only for my own curiosity's sake I still decided to look through both of those threads, though. You know how many I found saying we'd miss? Two people. Two people said or implied that we'd miss the playoffs. That's not even enough for your "slight minority"; I could cite more people who voiced their disagreement in the first link alone.

In short, I find your evidence not merely insufficient to make your claim but even to be in direct conflict with it. I believe the technical term for this is "shooting yourself with enough rope".

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Yes. Please find more. Because so far this is what you've shown us.

One guy says "Wings are a lottery pick."

Then is responded to by several different posters saying,

the Wings aren't getting a high pick

if they miss the Playoffs it won't be by much
This.

We're bad but not that bad, as long as we have D and Z we'll likely get into/just miss the playoffs.
Honestly I don't think we're bad enough to really get a lottery pick this year unless either Datsyuk or Zetterberg go down.
(Those are three different posters by the way.)

Yes. There's that "large majority" you were talking about. All doom and gloom there. BUST. LAST TEAM. DEFINITELY GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS. LOTTERY PICK FOR SURE.

Riiiiiight. That's not even a majority. It's 25% at best. Look up what "majority" means and then get back to us.

Gonna try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad