WCF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/2/13 - Heading Home 0-2 Again...

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings just need to adjust to a different stlye of play. We got more space to be creative with the puck in this series. Our PP looks decent. I think we are in for a real series for Game 3.

DS needs to make some adjustmenst in his lineup. Yes we are banged up but put the healthy guys on top. I would like to see Lewis and Toffoli in the top 6(they seem to have the legs) and Brown down on the 3rd. Nolan in for King.

Something like:

Lewis Kopitar Williams (Lewis and Williams provide the speed that Kopitar can't provide)
Penner Carter Toffoli (Our best line in game 2 so why not)
Richardson Stoll Brown (Nice balance line)
Clifford Fraser Nolan (Bring some energy and big hits, but stay out of the box!)

I hope Richie is back though.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
I refuse to criticize King for any of his play while Kopitar and Brown are MIA.

Not excusing King, but criticizing players like he and Muzzin are like Dodger fans complaining about Cruz and Schumaker when the main problems are the underachieving Kemp and Ethier.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Just watched the game. The Hawks defense are much better skaters than our forecheck. We can't get in and punish them because their D just either moves it quickly or just skates it out. It's like they have 4 Doughty's out there in terms of skating ability. Oduya, Keith, Leddy, and Hjarmalsson. Not even counting Seabrook. The Kings need quicker guys to get in there and not bigger guys. My only change for game 3 is Nolan in for King. Then the Kings need to loft soft corner dumps and have our forechecker ride their D's backs. They are clearly beating us back to the puck.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The 1st line has, I think, 1 goal as a unit. Brown has 1 ES goal, and that was a shot from the back of the net that hit the goalie, when he wasn't on the 1st line. Kopitar has two goals from right in front of the net after other people got him the puck. Richards can't seem to even handle the puck at ES(but pretty good on the PP).

For all we know, King might be playing hurt too. Or maybe not, and he had his moment last year, and that's the best it'll ever get for him. Or, he's just not having a good year/playoff.

Still some time left for redemption for all involved.

KingKopitar11*

Woah was the Dwight King fan club here earlier today :laugh: .

He's just terrible at almost every aspect of the game, but still gets ice time. Thats why we dont like him. He should be a healthy scratch. He sucks.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The main board is a total cluster****. I've never seen so many fan bases collectively united in such bitter kicking-them-while-they're-down mode.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
The main board is a total cluster****. I've never seen so many fan bases collectively united in such bitter kicking-them-while-they're-down mode.
Like I said the other day, why are going downtown on a day like today? It's dangerous out there! Stay out here in the 'burbs where the crime rate is lower and the schools are better.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009

I love it, that means we are good. People only hate on good teams, nobody picks on the Wild or Hurricanes

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
I couldn't hate Sweden any more if I tried. Can't believe we lost our best player for a beer league. I'm just upset looking at that hustle.

While some thought it was a great idea for players to keep in condition by going and playing for other teams, I felt and still do that being under contract and being paid by their NHL organizations, that players shouldn't have been allowed to do this. Kopi is a good example of just why. Sure, he had fun, but his team is now suffering because of it.:shakehead

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
While some thought it was a great idea for players to keep in condition by going and playing for other teams, I felt and still do that being under contract and being paid by their NHL organizations, that players shouldn't have been allowed to do this. Kopi is a good example of just why. Sure, he had fun, but his team is now suffering because of it.:shakehead

That's a good point.

KingKopitar11*

While some thought it was a great idea for players to keep in condition by go playing for other teams, I felt and still do that being under contract and being paid by their NHL organizations, that players shouldn't have been allowed to do this. Kopi is a good example of just why. Sure, he had fun, but his team is now suffering because of it.:shakehead

I really hope after his surgery that the organization advises him to stay and train his ass off with trainers. Kopitar really dropped the ball going there.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
He's just terrible at almost every aspect of the game, but still gets ice time. Thats why we dont like him. He should be a healthy scratch. He sucks.

did you watch any of the Kings playoff games last year? are you high?
idk where the DK hate bandwagon came from but from what i can tell, most of them are fairweather fans to begin with and bash the entire LA organization when the team starts to falter. you all stand out like sore thumbs. Kopi has been non existent the last twenty odd games and youre complaining about DWIGHT KING?! :laugh: give me a break!!

KingKopitar11*

did you watch any of the Kings playoff games last year? are you high?
idk where the DK hate bandwagon came from but from what i can tell, most of them are fairweather fans to begin with and bash the entire LA organization when the team starts to falter. you all stand out like sore thumbs. Kopi has been non existent the last twenty odd games and youre complaining about DWIGHT KING?! :laugh: give me a break!!

Kopitar gets a pass because he's injured but King plays like he's brain dead. And another thing, you thought that adrenaline high series was actually king playing at his level. He was playing above his potential and this year it showed.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The sad thing about King, and I mentioned this previously, is that if he played mean, he would be more of a contributor. But since he is such a gentle giant, if he is not scoring, he is not really doing anything. He is the 2nd or 3rd biggest player on the roster, yet, one of the softest when it comes to using that size.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I still think Martinez should get one more game before hes ditched for Muzzin again, our offensive movement just looks so much better with him on the backend. Muzzin looks very nervous with his passing.

Penner has been a beast and looks to be one of the players who really wants it again this year but he's not burying his chances, hopefully bounces start going his way soon.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The sad thing about King, and I mentioned this previously, is that if he played mean, he would be more of a contributor. But since he is such a gentle giant, if he is not scoring, he is not really doing anything. He is the 2nd or 3rd biggest player on the roster, yet, one of the softest when it comes to using that size.

Define meaner?

Would he be better in your eyes if he took stupid penalties like Clifford and Nolan?

I agree the King needs to be benched, but the problem is you want to promote Nolan or Clifford, and that is not the answer, they are even worse than King.

The Kings need to upgrade their skill in the offseason to better compete with Chicago.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale

That's fine. Each and every one of them wishes the team and franchise they root for were in the position the Kings are in currently, which is defending champ, participant in the Conference Final, and most of the core locked up long term and not in cap hell. You'd be bitter too, if you were them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad