WCF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/2/13 - Heading Home 0-2 Again...

KingKopitar11*

Watch this video from the beginning of the season before Kopitar injured his knee and see how he skates when he is 100%. There is no better proof he is hurt right now.

I couldn't hate Sweden any more if I tried. Can't believe we lost our best player for a beer league. I'm just upset looking at that hustle.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
:laugh::laugh:

tumblr_mnsqa727zv1qhkatoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnsqa727zv1qhkatoo2_500.jpg

You know if Quick was still in net at the time, I have no doubt he'd have skated down and gotten into it with Crawford. Before his career is over, he will throw down with someone at some point,:nod:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Richards

You can get symptons even when you are not concussed. Just ask people who expierence panic attacks. If you think you are not feeling well, than your body is going to respond on that with for instance dizziness and other things.

I'm not saying this is the case but I'm just acting like Dr.Oz for a brief moment.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sutter did have a postgame for people that were asking.

He didn't sound concerned at all, calm as a cucumber.

Said Mike Richards felt he was not 100%.

That is telling, cause Mike is a gamer.

Sutter said he pulled Quick cause the Kings have short turnaround (rest).

He Also liked Carter/Toffoli said that line didn't miss a beat.

Defense gave up way too many Grade A chances.

That's about it, short presser from the text on the Kings insider.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
This series isn't over but I'm really proud of this team. For years we were a laughing stock that should be happy just to make the playoffs. Now we are not satisfied with our effort and losing the first 2 games in the conference finals. My how things have changed. The future is bright and I love being a fan of this team. Go Kings Go!

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
There was a play in the 3rd period where Kopitar skated up the right side and was easily caught from behind by a Hawk back checker. I was skeptical about an injury, but after I saw that, I knew something is and has been wrong with his knee.

Bickell is beating Kopitar to loose pucks.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We look tired and banged up.

On top of that, it was just one of "those" nights. You know it's a bad sign when dudes get injured in the warm up skate.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago

On top of that, it was just one of "those" nights. You know it's a bad sign when dudes get injured in the warm up skate.

even worse is they just look drained. pre and post game interviews i dont see that spark in their eyes or voice. i think the boys are running on empty at this point

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Looks like all the injuries that the Kings avoided last year are happining this playoffs. Multiple guys are clearly hurt, and besides Quick they all look gassed. No excuses though, because they've been playing ****** hockey. Its Terry Murray era hockey. I just don't see how the Hawks lose 4 out of 5.

Externally, no. If they lose they lose, and let nobody take it away from the team who trounces us. I expect the same treatment in return.

Internally however, as in within house, there needs to be some slack for the guys who are doing what they can with what little they have left. We made the conference finals on what is starting to look like fumes and duct tape, the year after we won the Cup.

On a micro level, we are losing and it sucks. I'm right there with everybody else with feeling disappointed about our start against the Hawks. But in the broader sense, win or lose, this year will go down as a relative success. Most of us should eventually come to terms with that in the event of losing in this round or the next.

Posts like this often get scoffed at as "surrender posts," but this is pretty much just the reality of the situation, and I have in no way given up on our team for the season. I still think we can pull this off, especially if Richards' cobwebs vanish in the next few days. We just need to keep forcing this issue on home ice and make sure the series gets back to LA for Game 6. And somewhere along the way, win one stinking road game.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Chicago is out playing us. Our 3rd and 4th lines have to be better. King is not good. This home game is going to be telling, see if this team has some fight left or if they have just run into a better team. King is not good. Toffoli is good. King is not.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

It looked like Chi was on a constant power play. An extra skater everywhere.

The Kings "offense" consisted of one shot and out, very little sustained pressure, even when on the pp.

Chicago was more dominating than the first game of the season, but the Kings had an "excuse" for that game. Not sure what can change in the Kings game, but it needs to change.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Looked much better on offense last night even before the 3rd when Chicago let up a bit. Need to get the great chances actually on net though instead of missing completely...just a total lack of second chance opportunities.

Well the Martinez bandwagon got what they wanted. He's been markedly worse than Muzzin this year and one good playoff game this year doesn't change that fact. It's not last year's playoff run and MArtinez is just another in a long line of guys not matching last year's play.

Dwight King is who we thought he was: just a big body that eats some minutes on the 3rd line. Last year's playoffs was his Kontos moment. We can not expect this guy to put up points. What really frustrates me though is that he throws his hardest hit of the season last night, but it's only after a delayed penalty is being called against him. Oh, you have to be upset to actually try to demolish a guy? Pathetic. Tired of watching him slow down and make these "excuse me" hits on the forecheck.

Toffoli is a legit NHL player but we've known this for awhile now. Taking him out of Game 6 in SJ was such a bonehead move and not having him in for Game 1 was equally asinine.

Would of loved me some Nolan last night when it was 4-0. That is now 31 straight games without a fighting major. You've got Bergeron/Malkin fighting in the East and we can't even find something to do when down 4-0 in Game 2. Pathetic. Then we tried to do something, it was embarrassing. Clifford should have started wailing on Crawford instead of making him look like some kind of hero.

We need to play dirty but they are just a bunch of nice guys. Chicago has KO'd our leading point scorer, clipped our best d-man and are throwing cheap little slashes and whatnot while the Kings just skate up and down and hope the puck bounces in.

Down 4-0 and nobody can go and at least challenge Bolland??? Completely embarrassing, especially when Richards has been first man in after dirty hits on Brown and Kopitar, fighting Doan and Morrow, respectively.

31 games and counting. This is a team that is supposed to impose its will but they've been pushovers on the road and they've generally just squeaked by at home. The one game they got mean in they ran SJ out of the building...they need to find that mindset again and find it quickly.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Down 4-0 and nobody can go and at least challenge Bolland??? Completely embarrassing, especially when Richards has been first man in after dirty hits on Brown and Kopitar, fighting Doan and Morrow, respectively.

That is bang on, it's like Bolland's hit on Richard knocked the swagger out of the Kings.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Dwight King is who we thought he was: just a big body that eats some minutes on the 3rd line. Last year's playoffs was his Kontos moment. We can not expect this guy to put up points. What really frustrates me though is that he throws his hardest hit of the season last night, but it's only after a delayed penalty is being called against him. Oh, you have to be upset to actually try to demolish a guy? Pathetic. Tired of watching him slow down and make these "excuse me" hits on the forecheck.

I refuse to criticize King for any of his play while Kopitar and Brown are MIA.

Dave33

Jul 8, 2005
This series isn't over but I'm really proud of this team. For years we were a laughing stock that should be happy just to make the playoffs. Now we are not satisfied with our effort and losing the first 2 games in the conference finals. My how things have changed. The future is bright and I love being a fan of this team. Go Kings Go!

100% agree. Just getting to the WCF 2 years in a row would have been an impossibility for most of the team's history. To get there after an amazing Cup run is just unreal. Even if they get swept, the team has shown that we finally have a franchise with a winning mentality, and I couldn't be happier (well I guess if they repeated...).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Externally, no. If they lose they lose, and let nobody take it away from the team who trounces us. I expect the same treatment in return.

Internally however, as in within house, there needs to be some slack for the guys who are doing what they can with what little they have left. We made the conference finals on what is starting to look like fumes and duct tape, the year after we won the Cup.

On a micro level, we are losing and it sucks. I'm right there with everybody else with feeling disappointed about our start against the Hawks. But in the broader sense, win or lose, this year will go down as a relative success. Most of us should eventually come to terms with that in the event of losing in this round or the next.

Posts like this often get scoffed at as "surrender posts," but this is pretty much just the reality of the situation, and I have in no way given up on our team for the season. I still think we can pull this off, especially if Richards' cobwebs vanish in the next few days. We just need to keep forcing this issue on home ice and make sure the series gets back to LA for Game 6. And somewhere along the way, win one stinking road game.

Yes. Yes. Absolutely. Well said.

We've got a lot of video based on the last couple of nights beatdowns. Prep and win at home like we're supposed to and it becomes a reset button. But guys, we're in the final four. Nothing to be ashamed of especially with the crap luck we've had this year. We're fighting an uphill battle vs. the hockey gods and still surviving. Kopitar clearly injured, Richards out, dealing with injuries to Mitchell, Greene, Martinez, back surgery for Quick, a deep playoff run last year...I'm willing to cut these guys some slack considering all they've accomplished in the last 1.5 years. I'm a happy fan.

Haha, well said. We're getting pretty much the opposite of last year's run--hitting posts, injuries, forechecking a puck off one Hawk's stick but it just goes to another's, firing clean pucks over the net...I honestly think game 2 was a MUCH better game than game 1. I legitimately felt we had a chance to come back yesterday; when we went down 2-1 in game one, it felt over. We'll see these guys empty the tank at home and see what happens.

Amen! :nod:

My post on the main board. Point is we have nothing to hang our heads about:

Seriously. We've played like absolute dog **** these entire playoffs and we STILL made the conference finals. Whether it's injuries, fatigue, or whatever excuse we want to pull out of our butts this morning, we are getting romped 2-0 by a team that we struggle with even when all is going well. I'm proud of this team and we're playing with house money at this point. I definitely want them to advance, but I can sit back and enjoy the ride and chatter with fans now that we've proven some of the naysayers wrong (the rest won't change their minds anyways so who gives a hoot).

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I refuse to criticize King for any of his play while Kopitar and Brown are MIA.

My only criticism of him is that he doesn't do what he CAN do well, and that is hit. I don't expect him to score goals because we all knew last year was a fluke. I'm not blaming him for why they are losing; however, the guys job is to be hard on the forecheck and he is always letting opponents off the hook when he could bury them.

Only time he buries a guy is when a delayed penalty is coming up against him and he's upset. That infuriates me because it shows he is capable of being a physical force out there if he chooses to be.

The bottom six need to be the meat tenderizers for the top six to chew easier. Top 6 is toothless right now but the bottom six isn't helping to soften up the opposition either.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That is bang on, it's like Bolland's hit on Richard knocked the swagger out of the Kings.

Yeah....no :facepalm:

Their efforts have been poor throughout the playoffs. The Bolland hit wasn't magic beans or anything. It's just a running commentary on how flat the team has been. It gets praised as "even-keeled" or "never too high, never too low," but at some point, it's just getting pushed around. That incident is just a microcosm, not a "great play bolland, you ripped the heart out of the champs."

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

Come on SFK, isn't this post ^^^^ a couple days early? :laugh:

And future talk is so 4 years ago. :sarcasm:

Captain Mittens*

My only criticism of him is that he doesn't do what he CAN do well, and that is hit. I don't expect him to score goals because we all knew last year was a fluke. I'm not blaming him for why they are losing; however, the guys job is to be hard on the forecheck and he is always letting opponents off the hook when he could bury them.

Only time he buries a guy is when a delayed penalty is coming up against him and he's upset. That infuriates me because it shows he is capable of being a physical force out there if he chooses to be.

The bottom six need to be the meat tenderizers for the top six to chew easier. Top 6 is toothless right now but the bottom six isn't helping to soften up the opposition either.
Exactly.

It's like a zombie ate King's brain after they won the cup. He was a freaking force in the playoffs last year. This season he looks like Eric Rassmussen.

Greene needs to grab King and shake some sense in to him.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Not trolling here, but did Brown injure himself when he tried tackling the boards?

He seemed less involved in the play after that attempted hit.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Not trolling here, but did Brown injure himself when he tried tackling the boards?

Yes the reports are that Dustin Brown broke his neck and most of the bones in all of his fingers. This is the exclusive injury report available to only Kings fan on HF Boards so make sure not to tell anyone, ok?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

This made me lol. Such a perfect description of that play.

Hope not, but wouldn't surprise me. Someone on the Kings is gonna lacerate their finger while tying their skates the way this year has gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad