WCF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/2/13 - Heading Home 0-2 Again...

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The Kings need a more skilled lineup and an infusion of energy

Penner - Carter - Toffoli
Brown - Richards - Williams
Richardson - Kopitar - Lewis
Nolan - Stoll - Fraser

Kopitar is our best defensive forward but can't be counted on to score right now. Stoll has been struggling so far, move him down but he can still take big draws. Carter's line was great tonight, Carter doesn't need Richards. See if Richards can get Brown and Williams going, because Kopi certainly isn't.

I put Nolan in just because King and Clifford look like zombies out there, and we need energy on the 4th line.

But this may not matter, very rarely do players miss one game with a concussion.

Gotta agree with you about the lines. Penner/Carter/Toffoli was a bright spot, no sense breaking them up. I'm also not convinced that Richards would have skated in teh pre-game if he had a concussion, but then again based on the hit he took, not sure how it could be anything else. Guess we'll find out Tuesday.

CertainAffinity*

The Kings were turning it on in the 3rd period and Quick will no doubt follow-up this performance with a monster game.

Speaking as a Hawks fan, I'm not going to start feeling comfortable until they're able to take on in LA, and it's going to be a rough go...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings were turning it on in the 3rd period and Quick will no doubt follow-up this performance with a monster game.

Speaking as a Hawks fan, I'm not going to start feeling comfortable until they're able to take on in LA, and it's going to be a rough go...

The Hawks stopped skating......

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Posted that Richards felt symptoms during the warmup.

Sutter said shut him down if he is not 100%....

That's going to be it for Richards, he is much to important to ruin in a playoff series.

Shut him down.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Richards has been a different player at home, if he can't go, the Kings will miss him more in games 3 and 4 than they did tonight.

The nice thing is we have a player like Toffoli to put in there, especially on the PP.

Amazing to think TT wouldn't have been in there without the injury, it's pathetic on our staffs part.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Gotta agree with you about the lines. Penner/Carter/Toffoli was a bright spot, no sense breaking them up. I'm also not convinced that Richards would have skated in teh pre-game if he had a concussion, but then again based on the hit he took, not sure how it could be anything else. Guess we'll find out Tuesday.

I'm with you. You don't determine the level of a concussion in this day and age by having a player take the pre-game skate. However, the level of a shoulder injury including your ability to shoot and handle the puck can be determined at that time, particularly since no-one took the morning skate. They may have worked on his shoulder all day trying to get him ready by game time. Unfortunately, 24 hours between games was just not enough time and I wouldn't count him out for Tuesday (unless of course I'm completely wrong and he is concussed).

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Terry Murray era is the perfect way to describe the Kings over the past two games.

Kopitar has seriously depressed me this postseason. It's amazing we won two series with him being totally invisible.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Richards has been a different player at home, if he can't go, the Kings will miss him more in games 3 and 4 than they did tonight.

The nice thing is we have a player like Toffoli to put in there, especially on the PP.

Amazing to think TT wouldn't have been in there without the injury, it's pathetic on our staffs part.

He has to play RW, so you have to sit a RW or switch one to LW.

The Kings learned their lesson with Loki.

People need to stop *****ing about this....

If anything, you should be hammering Lombardi for staying pat at the deadline with forwards....

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
It would be nice to get a confirmation that Richards is out with a concussion and done for the series. I don't know why that's so hard to get from the team. And why was he out there during warmups if he has a concussion. Ugh, I want some actual information.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
He has to play RW, so you have to sit a RW or switch one to LW.

The Kings learned their lesson with Loki.

People need to stop *****ing about this....

Move Carter to center
Move Richardson to center

There are ways to get him in the lineup.

He is too good to be sitting while some of these stiffs like King and Clifford are contributing zilch.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Terry Murray era is the perfect way to describe the Kings over the past two games.

Kopitar has seriously depressed me this postseason. It's amazing we won two series with him being totally invisible.

Honestly, he had a ****** regular season too. Shouldn't have played in Slovenia.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If we wait too long to put the kids in, it might be too late.

We need to match skill with skill no matter how in experienced they are. We can't beat them playing our game. We need to try to play a bit of their game.

Pearson and Vey out for King and fraser would be great. We really have nothing to lose, atleast change it up and see what happens.

It's already far too late. If the Kings were going to do this, they should have done so when they brought up Toffoli. But you guys were getting mad with Toffoli in the press box even when the Kings were winning games during the regular season. There is no way to make everything work out the way we want it to. The Kings are stuck with what they have until next season. Make the best of it or go out, it's that simple.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It would be nice to get a confirmation that Richards is out with a concussion and done for the series. I don't know why that's so hard to get from the team. And why was he out there during warmups if he has a concussion. Ugh, I want some actual information.

Yeah but who the hell are you to demand any info? Oh right, just a paying fan... :sarcasm: It annoys me too, but it is what it is. We might find out once the Kings are done in the playoffs. Maybe...

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
:laugh::laugh:

tumblr_mnsqa727zv1qhkatoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnsqa727zv1qhkatoo2_500.jpg

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It's already far too late. If the Kings were going to do this, they should have done so when they brought up Toffoli. But you guys were getting mad with Toffoli in the press box even when the Kings were winning games during the regular season. There is no way to make everything work out the way we want it to. The Kings are stuck with what they have until next season. Make the best of it or go out, it's that simple.

It really doesn't matter.

The Kings still only scored one single even strength goal.....

That is not going to get it done against the Hawks PERIOD.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah but who the hell are you to demand any info? Oh right, just a paying fan... :sarcasm: It annoys me too, but it is what it is. We might find out once the Kings are done in the playoffs. Maybe...

Hockey is just so bad when it comes to this. Like all year with Mitchell. What's so bad about letting us know what's going on? Did Stoll have a concussion or a neck injury last series? I can understand with the guys that are still playing buy at least when the guys are out, it would be nice to know why. Sometimes they don't even tell us how long. I care about them, I just want to know what's wrong :(

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
After fuming for the past 24 hrs+, ive come to accept the fact that the blackhawks are a better team than the kings. If we lose, we lose. But at least lose with some FIGHT and PASSION... and that starts from the top. Here's looking at you, brownie and kopitar.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If that was Quick, he'd have went down there and punched Crawford. The Hawks were going 2 on 1 on our guy and the Kings just let it happen. That was weak, the Kings got treated like *****es, just like they looked in the first two periods of the game when our guy got chased out of goal due to terrible play. I certainly don't think that's a rallying point for us to beat our chests over.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Didn't Quick skate to center ice last year when Mike Smith was going after some guys? One of these days, they're gonna get down the length of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad