WCF Gm#2: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/2/13 - Heading Home 0-2 Again...

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The Kings need a more skilled lineup and an infusion of energy

Penner - Carter - Toffoli
Brown - Richards - Williams
Richardson - Kopitar - Lewis
Nolan - Stoll - Fraser

Kopitar is our best defensive forward but can't be counted on to score right now. Stoll has been struggling so far, move him down but he can still take big draws. Carter's line was great tonight, Carter doesn't need Richards. See if Richards can get Brown and Williams going, because Kopi certainly isn't.

I put Nolan in just because King and Clifford look like zombies out there, and we need energy on the 4th line.

But this may not matter, very rarely do players miss one game with a concussion.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The Kings need a more skilled lineup and an infusion of energy

Penner - Carter - Toffoli
Brown - Richards - Williams
Richardson - Kopitar - Lewis
Nolan - Stoll - Fraser

Kopitar is our best defensive forward but can't be counted on to score right now. Stoll has been struggling so far, move him down but he can still take big draws. Carter's line was great tonight, Carter doesn't need Richards. See if Richards can get Brown and Williams going, because Kopi certainly isn't.

I put Nolan in just because King and Clifford look like zombies out there, and we need energy on the 4th line.

But this may not matter, very rarely do players miss one game with a concussion.

Pretty much F the NHL and Shanacan't. If MR is out then it just confirms every bit of BS about that guy.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
The Kings can win all they want at home..

This series is the Hawks to lose, sadly. Kings just can't get it done on the road and I think it starts with preparation.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Kings finally lost a game by a score, and a way, they should've lost a good number of games in these playoffs, even at home. Quick has usually been there to rescue the skaters. He wasn't tonight, and the skaters didn't do anything different. Maybe this lack of whatever will get something going in a do or die Game 3.

If St.Louis had the offensive players the Hawks do, the Kings would've been out in the 1st round, in 4, 5 tops.

It's not over yet. The Kings took another punch to the nose. They now have to respond by coming up with a 3rd period of Game 4 against the Blues, or a Game 5 against the Sharks, type of effort in Game 3 against the Hawks. It's no more complicated than that.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Damn! Sounds badass. I should never turn the game off again regardless of the score...

I only kept it on in case of some kind of drama like that. Was a nice moment. I think the Kings should use it to build some fire for game 3. They're not a team that just lays down.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
The Kings might as well sit Kopitar. He has been no help and I have never said that about him before....makes me feel sick.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Again, I think we need to put some of the young kids in to inject some life into this corpse of a team. It can't get any worse and you must be lying to yourself if you say it can. We need to try some kids in and give them more than 5 minutes of ice time.

We need to try some kids with skills. No more King, Fraser.
Replace them with Pearson and Vey.
I know it is risky or borderline desperate, but players without skills cannot win against Chicago.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The Kings might as well sit Kopitar. He has been no help and I have never said that about him before....makes me feel sick.

I would agree, but sounds like Richards is done. We can still use Kopi for pk and face offs. :cry:

Ron*

I remember I told all the fake fans to leave after being down 0-2 to the Blues, but yet they came back...

...wonder how many of you still believe or not.

I do agree Chicago is the better team and maybe this is their year, but remember it still takes 4 games to win a series and we aren't done yet.

I will be there Tuesday night rooting on my team. Who is with me?

KingKopitar11*

We need to try some kids with skills. No more King, Fraser.
Replace them with Pearson and Vey.
I know it is risky or borderline desperate, but players without skills cannot win against Chicago.

If we wait too long to put the kids in, it might be too late.

We need to match skill with skill no matter how in experienced they are. We can't beat them playing our game. We need to try to play a bit of their game.

Pearson and Vey out for King and fraser would be great. We really have nothing to lose, atleast change it up and see what happens.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Kopitar has just got to be playing thru an injury cause he's a shadow of his former self. As I said before, Kings have been a bit fortunate to be as far along as they are given the lack of production by Kopi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad