GDT: WCF Game 7: Chicago @ Anaheim | 5/30/2015 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
The Ducks problem is with their core who can't seem to pull it together when the big games come around. A paper tiger, all along.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
hawks-supreme-victory.jpg

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
That's a silly narrative.

Even the players on both teams have said the whole momentum carrying over game-to-game is meatball bull****.

I agree with you with one exception. I don't think the momentum carried over, but I think Anderson really questioning himself did.

He didn't face a shot in overtime of game 5. Meaning, the last shot he took was that god awful goal from along the goal line from Toews. It's only human to question your play a bit after that one. He wasn't the same after that third-period, game-five collapse.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
I didn't have internet access during the game so I couldn't keep up with the board, so my apologies if these questions were already addressed:

1. The NBC commentators were talking about Q's "surgical line changes" during the game. What exactly did they mean? Did Q shuffle the lines or was it just him matching the lines after almost each faceoff?

2a. Bickell sat for most of the game. I understand he's probably injured, but should be able to play in SCF. Who played in Bickell's stead on the second line with Richards and Hossa?

2b. Was Bickell's injury / unavailability the reason why Hossa played only 13 minutes or do we suspect Hossa is injured as well?

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
I didn't have internet access during the game so I couldn't keep up with the board, so my apologies if these questions were already addressed:

1. The NBC commentators were talking about Q's "surgical line changes" during the game. What exactly did they mean? Did Q shuffle the lines or was it just him matching the lines after almost each faceoff?

2a. Bickell sat for most of the game. I understand he's probably injured, but should be able to play in SCF. Who played in Bickell's stead on the second line with Richards and Hossa?

2b. Was Bickell's injury / unavailability the reason why Hossa played only 13 minutes or do we suspect Hossa is injured as well?

1. Matching lines frequently after a won faceoff, which was almost every draw early.

2a. Occasionally Desjardins/Sharp moved up for a shift with Richards and Hossa, IIRC.

2b. Could be, but I think it was more Q rolling the Toews line against Getzlaf and Kruger against Kesler...not sure on the TOI but I know BBQ Bruce played his top two lines a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad