GDT: WCF Game 7: Chicago @ Anaheim | 5/30/2015 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Love waking up and remembering the Hawks won Game 7 and getting to be all giddy and happy all over again.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
What a great start to the game, with the 4-0 lead it forced the Ducks to attack and allowed a ton of odd man rushes for us. It's too bad we couldn't capitalize as it would have great to run up a 7-0 lead, but in the end we won like we should have.

Toews was being interviewed on the ice right before the game and you could see the confidence and swagger in him you just knew they were not going to lose this one. What a core what a team! Great job.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
What a great start to the game, with the 4-0 lead it forced the Ducks to attack and allowed a ton of odd man rushes for us. It's too bad we couldn't capitalize as it would have great to run up a 7-0 lead, but in the end we won like we should have.

Toews was being interviewed on the ice right before the game and you could see the confidence and swagger in him you just knew they were not going to lose this one. What a core what a team! Great job.

Agree with all you guys....I am a very, very happy camper today :)

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
2 PP goals in game 7, as much as we complain about the PP (deservedly so) Hawks came thru at the right time.

The Gretzky pass from Kane to Seabs and then the cannon shot in the net.

Edit: Shawzy with the 2 screens in front, without him maybe they don't go in, he needs to stay with this team even despite some of his goofy penalties and crap that we have to put up with from time to time.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
2 PP goals in game 7, as much as we complain about the PP (deservedly so) Hawks came thru at the right time.

The Gretzky pass from Kane to Seabs and then the cannon shot in the net.

Edit: Shawzy with the 2 screens in front, without him maybe they don't go in, he needs to stay with this team even despite some of his goofy penalties and crap that we have to put up with from time to time.

Shaw has been outstanding in the playoffs, people need to stop moaning about what he does wrong at times and start focusing on all the good he does. He plays with more heart and guts then 99% of the players in this league. Fearless, and he gets more out of what talents he does have then maybe any other player in the league. Hugely underrated in how important he is to this team.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Shaw has been outstanding in the playoffs, people need to stop moaning about what he does wrong at times and start focusing on all the good he does. He plays with more heart and guts then 99% of the players in this league. Fearless, and he gets more out of what talents he does have then maybe any other player in the league. Hugely underrated in how important he is to this team.

agree with that 100% SS.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Shaw was flying all series, like a man possessed . You don't get rid of that. So important for the playoffs.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Man, it feels surreal to see the Hawks back in the SCF. I'm definitely going to try getting tickets to game 4 or 6. I want a chance to see the boys lift the Cup at home live. :yo:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks possibly the last team BB coaches against as a Ducks HC

Friedman and others are saying relationship between BB and Ducks front office is not very good

Wiz trade likely major sign of conflict as Wiz was healthy scratch in playoffs despite being the Ducks big deadline acquisition

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Man, it feels surreal to see the Hawks back in the SCF. I'm definitely going to try getting tickets to game 4 or 6. I want a chance to see the boys lift the Cup at home live. :yo:

Man it would be so cool if they do this at home....this city will be nuts, like a massive all nighter and the next day.

Lot's of Fans calling in sick for work.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I watched Saad get drafted and I had the feeling that we had gotten something special. I'm glad I was right.

A miniature Hoss out there for sure, and only 22.....as Hawks fans we are blessed.

I am worried a bit as to who we can keep with the Cap next year, i just do not want to lose our core. If we can keep the majority we will have more runs like this for years to come imo.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Great win boys. Awsome way to close it out. Captain Clutch. On to the Bolts.

Ducks GDTs...

facepalm.jpg

LysiakHook

May 9, 2014
This just in: Corey Perry is still a *****.

I'm watching last night's game again. Two plays show up in a 5 minute span during the first period. First, on the play at the other end of the ice right before Toews scores the first goal, Perry trips Hammer by sticking out his knee. Second, a few shifts later, Perry's skating up ice and takes a huge whack at Toews stick, trying to knock it out of his hands when Toews is about to defend a play.

Some guys get what they deserve. Perry deserved to lose. He did.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This just in: Corey Perry is still a *****.

I'm watching last night's game again. Two plays show up in a 5 minute span during the first period. First, on the play at the other end of the ice right before Toews scores the first goal, Perry trips Hammer by sticking out his knee. Second, a few shifts later, Perry's skating up ice and takes a huge whack at Toews stick, trying to knock it out of his hands when Toews is about to defend a play.

Some guys get what they deserve. Perry deserved to lose. He did.

Don't care much for him....Kesler most likely responsible for teaching Perry more than he already knew since coming from Nucks.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
With all that talk about the Ducks wearing the Hawks down with their pyhsical style, it turned out like it always does. Ducks were slower, couldn't Keep up with their Play. Getzlaf was done with this condition by Game 6. Andersens SV% went down game after game after game. Their D was really bad in Game 6 & 7. There simply was too much room for the Hawks to work with.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hawks possibly the last team BB coaches against as a Ducks HC

Friedman and others are saying relationship between BB and Ducks front office is not very good

Wiz trade likely major sign of conflict as Wiz was healthy scratch in playoffs despite being the Ducks big deadline acquisition

They'd be idiots to fire him now, there's no better options left on the market or in their system.

He could be gone when the next big coach hits the market though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad