GDT: WCF GAME 6 | TAG ME IN, SLO! | vs STL | 5:00PM PDT | NBCSN KFOX (CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Smite

May 7, 2019
I like the idea of putting Suomela there, Blues have no idea who he is .. shame he is soft but he's fast for sure

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Sharks with a depleted roster beating the blues the next 2 is the best revenge.

Long term something needs to change with player safety. They aren't policing themselves and the league isn't doing it's job.

And of course if a player tries to enforce it the old way the instigator rears its head. The NHL needs to choose their path because right now it's open season for scummy plays.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't see how they don't put Pavelski in there if they brought him along for an elimination game but not Hertl and Karlsson. That at least means no 7D options really and it also means that we sort of have to move Thornton up the lineup. If Pavs plays, he should be a center. If he doesn't, that means that Suomela kind of has to center the 3rd line. If Pavs is out...

Meier-Couture-Nyquist
Kane-Thornton-Labanc
Karlsson-Suomela-Donskoi
Haley-Goodrow-Radil

Ryan-Burns
Vlasic-Braun
Dillon-Heed

If Pavs is in, I'd honestly just put him in Karlsson's spot and drop Karlsson down to replace Haley. I know that contradicts my earlier statement but looking at what's available, I don't see how you don't put Suomela with Donskoi and hope for the best. That's the only pairing that has any sort of track record.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
At least there is low expectations for tonights game. Also EK and Pavs last games as Sharks was pretty lame

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jan Smite

May 7, 2019
I can just see Haley targetting Barbashev this game and getting a penalty.

I hope we don't go that route. If Sharks start playing like they want to injure Blues' players tonight (I know we feel like they targetted our guys) I'm done with this team.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah I know, but at least he's fresh. In Finnish national league he was really really good but for some reason never figured it out in NHL

He had it figured out for a bit. He looked really good early in the season with Kane and Donskoi but then the line blender started and he hit a wall and never got back on track.

I have faith that there's a useful NHL player somewhere inside of him. He just needs some runway to get going.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Did the linesman get an assist on the hit to Pavs?

We should see less thuggery by the Blues, and no head shots. Reason is the review comes the next day, and DOPeS would have no problem handing out suspensions if the next game is against the Bruins.

I asked this question in the other thread, what responsibility does the linesman have to get the f*** out of the way there? He basically stood pavs up for that hit

Jan Smite

May 7, 2019
He had it figured out for a bit. He looked really good early in the season with Kane and Donskoi but then the line blender started and he hit a wall and never got back on track.

I have faith that there's a useful NHL player somewhere inside of him. He just needs some runway to get going.

Yeah at the point where he was thrown to 4th line and to AHL I felt like DeBoer never even wanted to give him a chance. Oh well, I think otherwise he's been happy to be here, but with DeBoer he'll never get a chance.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
I don't see how they don't put Pavelski in there if they brought him along for an elimination game but not Hertl and Karlsson. That at least means no 7D options really and it also means that we sort of have to move Thornton up the lineup. If Pavs plays, he should be a center. If he doesn't, that means that Suomela kind of has to center the 3rd line. If Pavs is out...

Meier-Couture-Nyquist
Kane-Thornton-Labanc
Karlsson-Suomela-Donskoi
Haley-Goodrow-Radil

Ryan-Burns
Vlasic-Braun
Dillon-Heed

If Pavs is in, I'd honestly just put him in Karlsson's spot and drop Karlsson down to replace Haley. I know that contradicts my earlier statement but looking at what's available, I don't see how you don't put Suomela with Donskoi and hope for the best. That's the only pairing that has any sort of track record.

Radil is out, apparently (asked Peng on Twitter).

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah at the point where he was thrown to 4th line and to AHL I felt like DeBoer never even wanted to give him a chance. Oh well, I think otherwise he's been happy to be here, but with DeBoer he'll never get a chance.

DeBoer not wanting to give guys chances?

Tim+Heed+San+Jose+Sharks+v+Anaheim+Ducks+oFz6_jDUPk9l.jpg

"I know that feel."

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad