GDT: WCF Game 3: Anaheim @ Chicago (Series 1-1) | 5/21/15 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I hope this is just some mind games Q is playing to light a fire under Saad and/or Bickell's ass. This reeks of smartest man in the room syndrome.

Just like he is slow to make changes he makes changes sometimes for no apparent reason. The only excuse is if someone is injured.

Sorry but neither Saad or Bickell should be exempt from sitting a game with way they have played

I don't want to see Steeger but if either #29/#20 sat you cant say it wasn't deserved. Especially #29

Nothingman*

Versteeg also could have been nursing an injury that Q knows was impacting his ability to perform in round 1. But I agree, it's probably to send a message to the guys listed to pick up their game. Desi has been fine, but if I'm about to give Steeger a chance to redeem himself it's for him. But why break up the forward lines at this point, they've been AWESOME since they were put together, especially that fourth line. Unreal balance. I really hope Desi resigns for cheap this summer.

4th line has been fine. Just a couple wingers underperforming and Bickel would be my first choice.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
4th line has been fine. Just a couple wingers underperforming and Bickel would be my first choice.

Bickell isn't the guy I scratch this series. We need him to at least lay some big blows on their guys if he's not going to produce. I want that Bickell-Toews-Kane line reunited, guarantee they produce at home.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Sorry but neither Saad or Bickell should be exempt from sitting a game with way they have played

I don't want to see Steeger but if either #29/#20 sat you cant say it wasn't deserved. Especially #29

Sorry, but Versteeg is worse than both of them. I want the best possible lineup on the ice and that lineup does not include Kris Versteeg at this point.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

I'd argue they've been our best line all series. They've had quite a few shifts where they pinned the top line of Anaheim in their own zone. That might change at home because I fully expect Kane to break out tonight and Saturday night.

Nothingman*

Waterboy_zpscckm1srh.gif
And thank the gods that Versteeg is not in.

Last edited by a moderator:

sverige

Nov 4, 2014
So thrilled for this game. School's off tomorrow so I won't have to deal with any missed alarms. I think this is the game Kane finally puts himself up on the scoreboard. Also very excited to see how Q handles the match-ups now with the last change, a decisive victory for Chicago wouldn't surprise me.

darklcd

Apr 9, 2013
Even though it will probably stay the same is there any way that 44-7 is a thing that just doesn't happen? I mean the top 4 are going to eat most the minutes so why not keep Keith with Cumisky and have Hammer out there with Timonen when those guys are getting time because Timonen-Seabrook is Slow^2 and it was terrible in game 2.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Q just give me this lineup one time...Guaranteed to own. Roll the bottom 3 against their top lines and matchup that top line against their bottom 6 and watch it run wild at home. Almost a sure bet that it gets all three of them guys going. Not one of those lines should get pinned in their own zone too frequently, should help out with the D depth situation.

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Saad-Richards-Hossa
Sharp-Vermette-TT
Desi-Kruger-Shaw

Nothingman*

I am going to do my traditional 20 mile bike ride around the city lakes before the game for good luck :)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Steeger cant be any worse then Bickell

Wrong.

We know this is wrong, because he was several hundred times worse when he was paired with those two to start the playoffs.

Versteeg is simply not a better hockey player than Bickell or Saad, he should not touch the lineup.

Let alone after a win.

If injuries are a factor, then so be it, but Q should not be angling to get Versteeg in to send messages at this stage.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

You've said some strange things over the years. But calling out #20 has got to be one of the strangest things I have heard since I have been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad