GDT: WCF Game 3: Anaheim @ Chicago (Series 1-1) | 5/21/15 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I did see on Twitter that Q had told Steeger to expect some ice time this series, but for Teravainen? I just don't see it.

That being said, watch it totally happen.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If TT is pulled from the lineup then I will sharpen my pitchfork and light my torch and go Q hunting. That would be an absolutely terrible personnel move.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
if Versteeg comes in the only player he could replace that i woudn't throw a hissy fit about is Desjardins.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
There's no way TT should get scratched for Versteeg. But if it is indeed an inevitability that Versteeg gets back in the lineup this series, I have a hard time imagining it's for anyone other than TT. Bickell hasn't been good, but I don't know if you scratch your leading hitter in the playoffs. Desjardins is replaceable overall, but that 4th line has been so good that you just don't mess with it. The only other massively underachieving winger has been Saad, and while he hasn't been good, I don't think he's been healthy scratch bad.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Versteeg shouldn't come back in unless there is an injury. He most definitely shouldn't come back in at Teuvo's expense, that would severely hamper that line's defensive capabilities.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
if Versteeg comes in the only player he could replace that i woudn't throw a hissy fit about is Desjardins.

I'd be very upset if that happens.

4th line has been the hawks best line so far while playing against Getzlaf and Perry a lot. Just watch Kruger's GWG in game 2, Desjardins deserves tons of credit. He wins the battle against 2 Duck players down low to create the chance that led to Kruger's goal.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And agreed, Desjardins has been playing very well for his position. I wouldn't take him out unless he's nursing an injury that we're not aware of.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its always possible someone is hurt and Hawks don't want to tip hand of injury

Putting in Steeger right now would be disaster unless he is replace #29 who is playing terrible hockey. Could also be #20 that sits for a night (His struggles continue)

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
It's be one thing if Steeger was some sort of ace in the hole, but he's done nothing but flail around uselessly from what I've seen in the playoffs.

I'd rather see Carbomb at this point and I DON'T want to see him either.

TT needs to stay in the lineup.

If Q has to Q, I hope it's for pickles or Saad.

Both have been underperforming.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I hope this is just some mind games Q is playing to light a fire under Saad and/or Bickell's ass. This reeks of smartest man in the room syndrome.

Just like he is slow to make changes he makes changes sometimes for no apparent reason. The only excuse is if someone is injured.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I hope this is just some mind games Q is playing to light a fire under Saad and/or Bickell's ass. This reeks of smartest man in the room syndrome.

Just like he is slow to make changes he makes changes sometimes for no apparent reason. The only excuse is if someone is injured.

Versteeg also could have been nursing an injury that Q knows was impacting his ability to perform in round 1. But I agree, it's probably to send a message to the guys listed to pick up their game. Desi has been fine, but if I'm about to give Steeger a chance to redeem himself it's for him. But why break up the forward lines at this point, they've been AWESOME since they were put together, especially that fourth line. Unreal balance. I really hope Desi resigns for cheap this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad