WCF Game 2: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I think it would be the ideal result, no need to bring the oilers up. All I see is a lot of rage towards the Oilers from the 1980's man, let it go. Your team is in the WCF, just enjoy the ride.

Its not the angst from the 80s and early 90s its that they have been a joke ever since.

Reactions: Snowman

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
That would really suck for the Jets.

He's only played 2 games this whole playoffs. Game 6 vs. San Jose and last game. I get the impression he is on a pretty short leash with Gallant. He played really well in the game before, but last game he was back to his hitting and penalty getting ways. I expect to see Nosek draw in tonight. Gallant knows he doesn't have a prayer if VGK gives up dumb penalties.

But bottom-line, I don't know how this discussion turned into a Reaves echo chamber. He's one of the most inconsequential players on this team. McNabb and Engelland are actually better hitters. Reaves is a penalty magnet.

Last edited:

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Its not the angst from the 80s and early 90s its that they have been a joke ever since.
Clearly not, the 16/17 season was a taste of the power that is the Edmonton Oilers. Anyways, stop being petty by getting upset at a post you disagreed with by talking shit about a team that is not even in the series, it makes no sense. Life is not a safe space, disagreements happen, lol. I never seen this before lmao.

I. Just. Can’t...:ha:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The more Reeves is on the ice the better the chance that the Jets win.

Buff isn't going to fight a 4th line scrub and take himself out of the game.

I wouldn't even want Lowry, Copp, or Chairot to waste their time on Reeves.

Reeves in the lineup sitting on the bench taking up a roster spot = advantage Jets.
Reeves in the lineup on the ice = very big advantage for the Jets.
Reeves is just the forward version of Byfuglien. Byfuglien broke out this season and great for him, who are you to say that Reeve's wont score a hatty in a 3-0 win for the Knights?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Reeves is just the forward version of Byfuglien. Byfuglien broke out this season and great for him, who are you to say that Reeve's wont score a hatty in a 3-0 win for the Knights?
Reaves is not the forward version of Buff at all. The only comparison is that they're big bodies that like to play physical but the comparison ends there. Buff is worth three Reaves at least.

He's not gonna score a hatty. The only player with hattys for the Knights so far is Wild Bill and he's probably going to be too occupied with the two way game tonight to score more than one.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Reaves is not the forward version of Buff at all. The only comparison is that they're big bodies that like to play physical but the comparison ends there. Buff is worth three Reaves at least.

He's not gonna score a hatty. The only player with hattys for the Knights so far is Wild Bill and he's probably going to be too occupied with the two way game tonight to score more than one.
Well, I hope Reaves can score a hatty in a demoralizing victory as the entertainment value would be 10/10.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Clearly not, the 16/17 season was a taste of the power that is the Edmonton Oilers. Anyways, stop being petty by getting upset at a post you disagreed with by talking **** about a team that is not even in the series, it makes no sense. Life is not a safe space, disagreements happen, lol. I never seen this before lmao.

giphy.gif

I don't know why, but the end of that gif made me jump.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB

He's worth more than 5 1/2 classless Subbans, that's for damn sure!

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, I hope Reaves can score a hatty in a demoralizing victory as the entertainment value would be 10/10.

You've literally lost the plot...I'd put the mouse down and go watch some re-runs of the 80 Oilers. Please refrain from posting in Jets related threads from here in as you're making some pretty silly statements that are not based in reality.......

Reactions: Snowman

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North

You can expect more responses involving your beloved Oilers, who are under-acheiving in spectacular fashion by the way, if you continue to make such ridiculous claims as Reeves being anything close to as good of a hockey player as Byfuglien.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
We saw it with Nashville against Winnipeg. It's not so much that Vegas is playing poorly on their own, but Winnipeg is forcing their game on Vegas. Nashville made us look ordinary some nights too.

-The Jets look great. #2 in goals per game regular season, high powered offense, easy to see why they are winning. Win tonight and the series is over.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If Vegas plays like they did Friday then it's clear that we've got two horribly mismatched conference finals going on, need to fix the playoff format and ensure teams don't just float into that position.

The problem was last round having #1 and #2 playing each other, but this round there is no problem. Based on overall standings we have #2 VS #5 and #3 VS #6... it really doesn't get better than that. The apparent mismatching could just be that some teams play better or worse when they face a specific opponent. You can't control that.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
You think the Jets offence figured out MAF or did he have a bad game 1? I feel like it was a little bit of both.

Reactions: snowkiddin

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
You've literally lost the plot...I'd put the mouse down and go watch some re-runs of the 80 Oilers. Please refrain from posting in Jets related threads from here in as you're making some pretty silly statements that are not based in reality.......

Do you deny that Reaves scoring a hatty would be entertaining? That would be more surprising than Vegas being in the conference finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad