Mar 12, 2017
NBC's muting of the crowd after goals is atrocious

they really bungle most aspects of their NHL broadcasts

scheduling, cameramen, replays, audio mixing etc etc etc

can't imagine they'll lose the contract though cause they got deeeeep pockets

Predigree

Dec 4, 2015
Ebensee, Austria
Sorry Guys but i think its stupid to talk about Penaltys. The Ref´s say Call or not Call. There is nothing we can do even post RuleBook.

Deal with it.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Maybe you should have a look at the replay since sweeping the puck with your fingertips is not the same as closing your hand over the puck.

It doesn't matter. Intentionally using your hands to gather the puck under you is delay of game.

A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player other than the goalkeeper who deliberately falls on or gathers the puck into his body. Any player who drops to his knees to block a shot should not be penalized if the puck is shot under him or becomes lodged in his clothing or equipment but any use of the hands to make the puck unplayable should be penalized promptly.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Ducks deserved to win. They overcame being down by 2 goals and then again being down 1 goal and the Preds couldn't come back from even just a single goal down. They seemed deflated by all of the weak goals that Rinne gave up, none more so than the 4th. The Ducks, to their credit, didn't let themselves become too deflated and were much more resilient than the Preds in this game.

The Preds should really have picked up a centre at the deadline imo, they didn't buy a single forward as far as I remember excluding Mcleod.

They got Fiddler, but he's a 4th-line center, not a 2nd-line one.

Too hard to beat the ducks 5v5. Gibson was the only reason that Nashville was in the game.

The Preds have allowed fewer 5v5 goals than the Ducks and Rinne was as much of a reason for Anaheim being in the game.

PuckProphet

Apr 28, 2017
Ducks made the Preds hesitate were more effective in the neutral zone and defending entry passing They went high on Rinne (still i am amazed that low goal went in) they took the defense rush out of the game by challenging the puck carrier ..called minor adjustment

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You know what else is a penalty that wasn't called? Spearing. There were missed calls to both sides and that is arguably not one of them.

I think everyone missed Arvidsson interfering by holding the stick in the beginning of the second too.

Oct 18, 2011
No issue at all with refs in this game. I did think they missed a blatant trip with 1:30 or so to go on Anaheim when Nashville was trying to setup in the zone but that call is never getting made in that spot in the playoffs

Maybe it's called if the preds dont spend the whole third diving.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
You know what else is a penalty that wasn't called? Spearing. There were missed calls to both sides and that is arguably not one of them.

That's not my argument at all. I agree there were a lot of missed calls on both teams, and I wouldn't expect that one to be called either. I was just pointing out how stupid the announcers look for calling something that is technically a penalty a "smart hockey play".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad