Pre-Game Talk: WCF Game 1: Tuesday @ 6pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd try this out against Colorado. Would make it a bit more difficult for them in terms of line matchups.

Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
McLeod-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Hyman-RNH-Holloway
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian

Holloway playing is probably a pipe dream at this point but I feel like he would make more of an impact than most of our bottom 6 players.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
1653964513842.png

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Aw man an early game for once. Working ~16 hour shifts right now so I’m going to miss all of it instead of being able to catch the 3rd! Poo

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Fancy stats rank Vasy, Shesterkin and Smith as three of the playoffs top four goalies. Kuemper is near the bottom of the list. Hopefully that advantage continues in our favor.

Reactions: Duke74

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Love it. Keep the hate a comin'.

Dom's stats stopped meaning anything to me after his model ranked Matthews over McDavid.

It's just something so aggressively and obviously false that it made it impossible to take his predictions or models seriously.

Is that the guy who tries to make conclusions based on stats and is always wrong?

I wouldn't even say he makes his conclusions on stats. I think his model is constructed to make the Leafs look good exclusively.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Smith needs to step up, but the Avs aren't "scary" good. I actually prefer the experience on the Oilers' blue line. This should be a close series and highly entertaining. Luck, as always, will play a big role. I think the Oilers can out grit this Avs team too (blocking shots, hitting, etc).

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
If you want a good laugh, I highly recommend checking out the Oilers thread @ CP and reading some of the replies. Flames fans are in full melt down mode right now.

Reactions: dsi

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I'd try this out against Colorado. Would make it a bit more difficult for them in terms of line matchups.

Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
McLeod-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Hyman-RNH-Holloway
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian

Holloway playing is probably a pipe dream at this point but I feel like he would make more of an impact than most of our bottom 6 players.
Normally I would agree...I am big fan on separating McDrai...but I would roll it as long as its going...let them handle the Nuclear option first and if they figure it out or win otherwise switch to McD Drai Nuge down the middle.

Reactions: dsi and oilers'72

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Also it's amazing how much of an underdog we are considering the fact that we've won 6 out of the last 7 playoff games. Oh well, people can continue to take us lightly.

View attachment 554034

Poor Jay. Waiting for you to be done unloading the remnants of your A&W in that stall.
Lmao!!!!!

So that everyone knows how hung he is.
Lol truth!

Also it's amazing how much of an underdog we are considering the fact that we've won 6 out of the last 7 playoff games. Oh well, people can continue to take us lightly.

View attachment 554034

Poor Jay. Waiting for you to be done unloading the remnants of your A&W in that stall.
Ya I’m not too worried about the under dog spot. Let them praise and hype Colorado.

Reactions: oilers'72

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Fancy stats rank Vasy, Shesterkin and Smith as three of the playoffs top four goalies. Kuemper is near the bottom of the list. Hopefully that advantage continues in our favor.
Smith has historically been a very good playoff goaltender. Of guys with at least 15 games played he is second all time in playoff sv%. That's quite remarkable.

Reactions: dsi and oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad