GDT: WCF Game 1: Chicago Blackhawks at Anaheim Ducks, SUN MAY 17, 2015, 2:00 PM CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I disagree NFS

Game 2 is a must win as this Hawks team has not shown they can win vs a quality opponent this postseason

A injured Preds team and a overrated Wild team are notding like this Ducks team. If Ducks get 2-0 lead no doubt Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler will put foot down on Hawks neck to try and put them out of misery

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So then Ducks get he benefit of the doubt when they've had the universally agreed upon easiest path to the conference finals while the Hawks haven't shown any promise despite coming out of the stacked Central?

What?

Zero doubt, the Ducks are our toughest opponent yet, and if we fall down 0-2 against them it'll be a hard hole to get out of, but the series wouldn't be remotely over. But here's hoping we don't have to worry about that possibility.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It should be noted the difference in GM performance here

Murray went out and acquired Wiz + Despres (Absolute steal) because he knew his team needed stronger defensive depth heading into playoffs

Stan on other hand had a disaster of a deadline and his Rundblad blunder makes matters worse. Any other GM would have waived #5 and acknowledged mistake while getting one of the kids in there. Sadly Stan is digging in and likely will reward Bladder for his futile play with an extension in coming weeks

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So then Ducks get he benefit of the doubt when they've had the universally easiest path to the conference finals while the Hawks haven't shown any promise despite coming out of the stacked Central?

What?

Ducks proved doubters wrong with how they handled Hawks today. As for Hawks path vs Ducks path

Hawks have yet to win vs a quality opponent not missing its franchise star in playoffs

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It should be noted the difference in GM performance here

Murray went out and acquired Wiz + Despres (Absolute steal) because he knew his team needed stronger defensive depth heading into playoffs

Stan on other hand had a disaster of a deadline and his Rundblad blunder makes matters worse. Any other GM would have waived #5 and acknowledge mistake while getting one of the kids in there. Sadly Stan is digging in and likely will reward Bladder for his futile play with an extension in coming weeks

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Ducks proved doubters wrong with how they handled Hawks today. As for Hawks path vs Ducks path

Hawks have yet to win vs a quality opponent not missing its franchise star in playoffs

I don't know how you pull me in every time.

The Ducks didn't "handle" the Hawks today. If you think that, you only checked the score on your phone.

Also lol at Hawks not winning vs. a quality opponent. Awful opinion.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hardly. The Ducks won a game. Even if they win two before us, they haven't proven that they're the better team. No team's proven that until the handshake lines.

Can we not act like the Preds and Wild sucked merely because we handled them? They were very good teams. We were better.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I don't know how you pull me in every time.

The Ducks didn't "handle" the Hawks today. If you think that, you only checked the score on your phone.

Also lol at Hawks not winning vs. a quality opponent. Awful opinion.

You expected anything else?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We need more than average Corey, and no Bladder. Bring in Cumiskey and/or call up Johns NOW..... Not next week.

Personally I'd start Darling next game ... but I'm dreaming to think Q would do the same.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
We need more than average Corey, and no Bladder. Bring in Cumiskey and/or call up Johns NOW..... Not next week.

Personally I'd start Darling next game ... but I'm dreaming to think Q would do the same.

Yes, you are dreaming if you think the coach drops the starter and MVP of the previous round off of one loss. :laugh:

As for Cumiskey and Johns.... doubtful. Cumiskey had several cracks to move up the depth chart ahead of Rundblad, never did.

Johns is an x factor, but I can't see Q starting somebody who hasn't played a single NHL game in the WCF when Rundblad, who has at least played regular season hockey, already looks like he's catching up to the pace.

Best case scenario is that Q actually plays Timonen the minutes his play merits, at least double what he saw tonight.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Played well but lost. That should be a little worrisome.

You're not going to win every game you're the better team in. That's hockey.

If the gap in performance for the rest of the series is the same as it was tonight, with the Blackhawks carrying roughly 60% of the play. Then I like their chances.

If Andersen puts up a .970 SV% every game, then you tip your hat to the opponent.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
The Hawks will be fine. They played well today even though they lost. Like I said before, the Hawks just need the split on the road. They will get that on Tuesday.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
I disagree NFS

Game 2 is a must win as this Hawks team has not shown they can win vs a quality opponent this postseason

A injured Preds team and a overrated Wild team are notding like this Ducks team. If Ducks get 2-0 lead no doubt Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler will put foot down on Hawks neck to try and put them out of misery

:facepalm: :shakehead

You never fail to amaze me by the stuff you say.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hopefully Q watches some game videos and decides to give TT a shot on the pp.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yes, you are dreaming if you think the coach drops the starter and MVP of the previous round off of one loss. :laugh:

Rundblad, who has at least played regular season hockey, already looks like he's catching up to the pace.

Best case scenario is that Q actually plays Timonen the minutes his play merits, at least double what he saw tonight.

I really don't know what game you watch sometimes.:shakehead

All 3 goals were suspect ... to put it politely. Anderson kicked Crawford's butt.

I don't know about goal 3, rebound right up the gut unless you want to put it on rebound control, which is a fair argument.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...after his -2 today Toews is mow just +1 for the playoffs..Saad is now -3 and Hossa leads line #1 at just +2...This means that our vaunted top line is just a stinking combined EVEN at this point in the playoffs..Do not give me any excuses..That STINKS...and since our PP is awful ...what the heck are the stars on our top line contributing?Precious little...they need a kick in their butts; please do not defend their putrid contribution..you cannot. IF your top line talent is not netting benefits...you cannot expect to go very far...and so if they continue to give us this little ...then we go golfing pretty soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad