GDT: WCF Game 1: Chicago Blackhawks at Anaheim Ducks, SUN MAY 17, 2015, 2:00 PM CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
how could johns, cumsiky be worse than #5 today with what 10 minutes and 2 goals...for the ducks and Kimmo who Q refuses to play....

"How could anybody be worse than Rozsival?" It's the same question. No matter how bad somebody plays, you can find somebody to play worse :) (Maybe Cumiskey would help the Ducks score 3 goals in 10 minutes?)

Q loves vets. He clearly doesn't trust 44, but do you really think Cumiskey, or Johns with no NHL experience, would get more ice time than 44?

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I blame this on the long lay-off. Hawks should be better in game 2. And they need to figure out a better distribution on the icetime for the D. I can see it costing them the series.

Nov 9, 2014
19 couldn't control the puck all night and 88 made several poor passes. 20 and 29 were invisible. And we're going to need more than average Corey if we want to advance. That said, I was pleased with the offensive possession and scoring chances. This loss is nowhere near as discouraging as the Nashville losses were.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Blackhawks are going to have a hard time winning if #20 and #88 are the two worst forwards on the ice.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
16 shots after the first period and that includes 2 power plays.

Runblad was terrible

Crawford was bad

Sharp was invisible.

Toews, Kane and Saad all played their worst games. On the same day

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It'd be nice if Hawks can take advantage of the wealth of scoring opportunities they will have from now on. Outplay the ducks the whole god damn game and all you can muster is a single goal? **** off.

I still like our chances this series, but dissapointed in how we lost today.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
What worries me is not that 5 was bad - as I stated above I think people underestimate the fact that he is the best we've got left - but that even though we had more possession, more shots, I don't remember that many amazing saves from Anderson, other than the pad save on Kane at the beginning.

So from my perspective it wasn't a goalie win. Ducks simply defended much better and neutered most of our chances before they even got to Andersen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad